four ashes pub

Record your names/ list your jobs/offer help/ post meet pictures and feedback

four ashes pub

Postby derek v » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:43 pm

Hi Guys Not sure if you know but I have been told Today By the Boss of the Harrows that Sam at the Four Ashes is moving out today. So drove down and Removal vans are backed up to the doors. Not good for the area meets and weekend events. Fingres crossed a new manager is in and ready and willing for the next weekend event
derek v

Re: four ashes pub

Postby squire » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:21 pm

Thanks for the info, this has got to be very concerning for the future of Nano social/weekend meets, I hope I'm wrong, but this pub is changing hands like there's no tomorrow.
Martyn
squire

Postby derek v » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:07 pm

It might change hands a few times because it has the wrong attitude of management or staff or just the wrong place to be in. Then again the smoking ban did a lot to finish pubs off and the over pricing for drinks. For me the lose of busty barmaids killed it when they had to use uniforms lol Keep the faith i'm sure all will be well soon.
derek v

Postby Rob » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:07 pm

Thanks for the heads up Derek , the Ashes is under offer so hopefully a new tenant will be in there soon enough for us to continue with the nano in 2 weeks time , and we have been here so many times before that we can only hope the new tenant continues with the arrangement we have.

In the meantime we are checking out the nearby marina in case we need to switch there at short notice, so one way or another we are confident that the meet will go ahead and we should have an answer mid week or at the latest next weekend

Rob
Nano Meets, " You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

Postby derek v » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:33 pm

I'm more than confident you will pull this off Rob. Rover 75 club will continue ...
derek v

Postby ARCTIC » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:49 am

Hi Rob
I will be going to the Four Ashes today around 12.00 -12.30 pm to see if I can get hold of Sam or anyone else whom may be there, I will report back once I have had the journey cheers Arctic.
Willing to help.

You do the work. We supply the expertise

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby ARCTIC » Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:48 pm

I have been to the FA today Sunday 29/4/18 and when I got there Sam the chap whom had taken it on was in the back of a rented removal van.

I asked him if he was moving out and he states yes, as he can not compete with the other pubs around the area as they can do meals for £5 with a free drinks etc, he says i tried for 6 months but it's one that is not going to pay. i asked him if he knew if anyone else was moving as we have meet in 12days time.

He said that he does not know but as left a message with the company that owns it about our meets and that of the bikers, and they will have to honour them, we cannot depend on that so we will have to go up midweek to see if a new manager as moved in, Sam also said he doubts it will be empty very long maybe three to four days, so it looks like we will have to find out whom is taking it over and negotiate once again.

It is leaving us very little time as the meet is 12th & 13th therefore we are going to sound out the Harrows pub down the road whom have a Marina pub they manage and seem interested that we have our meets there, hopefully we can pull a deal off with them, myself or Rob will post on here once we know more by midweek cheers Arctic.

KEEP LOOKING IN
Willing to help.

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby chris65 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:55 pm

Thanks for the update Steve,will wait for further details and hope we can have a meet somewhere,Chris and Pam.
chris65

Postby squire » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:37 pm

Thanks for the update Steve, if the Harrows are keen to have us and more importantly have adequate room to hold the Nano weekends with people able to camp it could have a lot going for it.
The sooner we know the better as there some that were hoping to camp at the Nano I believe.
squire

Postby ARCTIC » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:53 pm

[
quote="chris65"]Thanks for the update Steve, will wait for further details and hope we can have a meet some where, Chris and Pam.[/quote
]

Hi Chris.
We will get sorted one way or another :thumb: midweek we should know more :cheers:
Willing to help.

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Next

Return to Midlands Nano Meet Weekend Sat 12 & Sun 13 May 2018