List your jobs/offers of help

Record your names/ list your jobs/offer help/ post meet pictures and feedback

Re: List your jobs/offers of help

Postby ARCTIC » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:39 am

sundancer wrote:Not so much a list of jobs needed, but to give away parts.

I had to sadly scrap my 1.8 75 Tourer as it just became too expensive to keep going. I have a few bits and pieces left which i am more than happy to give away to anyone that can make any use of them providing nobody buys (on ebay) them before the day

I have the light units, a nearly new cassette deck, Gearbox (89000 miles), cat, radiator and air con stuff, plus other little bits and pieces. Would be a pity to throw them away.

I'm more than happy to drop them down if anybody wants them, probably on Sunday providing you dont mind a Rover 25 in the car park :D

Thanks

Sundancer

Hi Sundancer
You could bring the parts with you and ask as long as they are free of charge, but you would not be able to drop the parts at the meet, the reason being if no one wanted some of those parts then they would need to be removed after, as no parts or rubbish can be left behind at the end of the meet, so to reiterate if you are willing to give them away free then by all means bring them and ask around maybe let them look in your car take what they want then drop the rest at the Shaw road council dump I think it is open until 15.00 pm on a Sunday
Willing to help.

You do the work. We supply the expertise

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby AndyN01 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:44 pm

Hi,
I've now acquired a ZT-T

Gold resistor and Viton's needed (one soft and squidgy O ring has already popped out!).
T4 session to give her the once over and hopefully to set up the retro fit Cruise if I can get it finished. I might need a hand on the day.

Sorry no headlight cleaning this time. Should be back in July.

Andy.
AndyN01

Postby ARCTIC » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:57 pm

AndyN01 wrote:Hi,
I've now acquired a ZT-T

Gold resistor and Viton's needed (one soft and squidgy O ring has already popped out!).
T4 session to give her the once over and hopefully to set up the retro fit Cruise if I can get it finished. I might need a hand on the day.

Andy.

HI Andy.
Bumper & crash bar off for the gold resistor, and it makes it a little easier to do the O-rings also, if you do not have a gold resistor I have a few made up so no panic there. :thumb:
Willing to help.

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby jamie » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:36 am

I've now acquired a ZT-T

Andy.

Has your car had any of the ECUs replaced in the past? If VIN numbers don't match it can make doing the ZCS coding very awkward. Duncan isn't going to be attending the meet, and unsure if Stef is with his T4. I will have my T4 with me and I can do ZCS coding but will have to check it talks to everything on the car first and will have to see what I have planned for the day as ZCS coding isn't a 2 minute thing, it is recoding the entire car. (Cruise isn't an option to tick in the dealer options)

Rough procedure for ZCS.

Retrieve current GM, SA and VN codes
Decode them into the things the car has fitted
Alter the coding to accomodate the new features (for cruise it is add 8 to the 6th value which is a hex value not a binary or decimal value)
Calculate the new checksum
Swap the IPK out for another one and unplug the ecu
Connect the T4 and it will ask you to enter new codes
Plug in the ecu and the original IPK
Enter new codes including checksum at the end
Have your fingers crossed it programs it without any issues :)
jamie

Postby AndyN01 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:31 pm

jamie wrote:
I've now acquired a ZT-T

Andy.

Has your car had any of the ECUs replaced in the past? If VIN numbers don't match it can make doing the ZCS coding very awkward. Duncan isn't going to be attending the meet, and unsure if Stef is with his T4. I will have my T4 with me and I can do ZCS coding but will have to check it talks to everything on the car first and will have to see what I have planned for the day as ZCS coding isn't a 2 minute thing, it is recoding the entire car. (Cruise isn't an option to tick in the dealer options)

Rough procedure for ZCS.

Retrieve current GM, SA and VN codes
Decode them into the things the car has fitted
Alter the coding to accomodate the new features (for cruise it is add 8 to the 6th value which is a hex value not a binary or decimal value)
Calculate the new checksum
Swap the IPK out for another one and unplug the ecu
Connect the T4 and it will ask you to enter new codes
Plug in the ecu and the original IPK
Enter new codes including checksum at the end
Have your fingers crossed it programs it without any issues :)

Hi Jamie,

As far as i know all the ECU's are original.
Reading through the "How To" thread by "markhowell" I'm wondering if it might be better to arrange a convenient evening/weekend to pop over to one of you T4 guys and have it done without causing a backlog of "simple" checks etc. during the nano? These electronic thingys aren't my thing and it sounds a bit of a nightmare to me. :confused:

Maybe just a clearing of fault codes etc. could be done on Saturday? She's in line for a gold resistor & Viton's anyway.

Cheers
Andy.
AndyN01

Postby ARCTIC » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:06 pm

Stef will not be attending with my T4 he only works it ;) I am getting up to scratch with it slowly, :o I have only had it since 2015 :shock: but it is time with me at the nano's as I usually stuck under a bonnet or on my knees, but age is slowly putting a stop to that :lol: therefore I am moving towards the T4 stuff hopefully.

Jamie you can charge your lap top most likely in the changing rooms, if you are going to use your Virtual T4 for some members ?
Willing to help.

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby chris65 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:31 am

Jamie,will have the generator with us,so you can charge your laptop in the van if you want.
chris65

Postby ARCTIC » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:46 am

chris65 wrote:Jamie,will have the generator with us,so you can charge your laptop in the van if you want.

Hi Chris
Even better maybe he could run a lead to the PC so it does not run down when doing T4 sessions, just move the car closer to the caravan :idea: could work :thumb: see you later today.
Willing to help.

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby theridler » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:09 am

Hi ... if anyone has a spare side indicator light that I could acquire? Also if jamie has time ... would like to check why my vt4 doesnt work??
theridler

Postby AndyN01 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:07 am

FAO Arctic,

Hi Steve, Along with the gold resistor & Viton's I'll be needing a set of Ultimate Undertray fixings. Can you check the coolant cap as well please (all seems OK but it's as well to have it looked at by someone who know's what they're looking for!) . - See you on Satruday morning. Cheers, Andy.
AndyN01

PreviousNext

Return to Midlands Nano Meet Weekend Sat 23 & Sun 24 June 2018