Supporting the Four Ashes - ideas please

Please post your thoughts and opinions here

Re: Supporting the Four Ashes - ideas please

Postby derek v » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:53 am

op's forgot to post about the sign. As you know I pass the pub every week day night and morning. All the table and chairs from outside have now gone. The Sign was on the wall but was on the floor. Think the wind might be to blame there. All the stuff at the back of the bar on show has also gone.
derek v

Postby sewerman » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:52 pm

Went past at about7.00 all in darkness and no sign of any cars outside

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
sewerman
Nano Crew

Postby Rob » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:34 pm

Thanks for the updates unlikely to be open before Xmas now methinks and in the past not been this long before new tenants installed
Nano Meets, " You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

Postby ARCTIC » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:06 am

Rob wrote:Thanks for the updates unlikely to be open before Xmas now methinks and in the past not been this long before new tenants installed

Hi Rob.
Yes it is not looking good at all, I had another ride up yesterday Sunday 9th no sign of life anywhere at FA what so ever. It looks like we will have to see what the new year brings. I have had an :idea: which I will try and follow through then report back if it goe's well.
Willing to help.

You do the work. We supply the expertise

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby Duncan » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:49 pm

It doesn't sound promising. I wish I had some ideas for alternatives.
Duncan
Nano Crew

Postby derek v » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:25 am

It's just a thought but what about the cafe over the road from the pub. The transport cafe they have a massive field next to there car park. I know they are car people because there Son is a race driver. Failing that what about The Bradford arms A5 they have a camping field that is never used. I camped on there two years ago and said how much. The boss said you coming in the pub for drinks and food. I said yeah he said pitch paid then.
derek v

Postby Rob » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:43 pm

Thanks for the suggestions Derek, looking more likely that we will have to find another venue, there is also the place at Calf Heath to consider owned by the people running the Harrows

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

Postby derek v » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:17 am

Rob I'm not sure if the marina is still open. The gates are rusty and don't look like they have been open in a while.
I will pop in the pub this weekend and just ask if they still run it but will not say anything about the Rover 75 nano.
derek v

Postby ARCTIC » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:13 am

Excellent at least we are thinking about the near future, as I said above I had an idea, I am in talks with the manager at the venue below, I have put forward already what we would need use of the field just as you enter the venue, also that sometimes a few like to park and stay over night in there caravans / tents and gave them a print out of our dates for 2019.

She the manager said it sounds promising but would need to put it forward to the owner, whom it turns out is her father he lets her do the day to day running of the place, I asked if we were allowed to use the venue/ come to some sort of deal ( costs will be involved so we need to know that from the start ) there is a club house that do food breakfast, dinner etc also we could do some fishing if we wanted to again it comes at a cost.

Toilet are on site, there is a little stumbling block from the start of July the field is used very Sunday for car booting for 14 weeks, but she said that over the other side of the M54 they have another fishing venue which as an hard standing that we could use for those months, sadly that venue does not have any facility's ie no café or toilets, if we need the café we would have to have a little drive over to the main venue, at the moment nothing as been agreed I am going to have another meet later this week or early next week.

Once again I must emphasize costs will be incurred with this venue should we be allowed and make deal with them, as of yet I do not know how much.

http://www.millride-country-sports.co.uk/facility.html
Willing to help.

You do the work. We supply the expertise

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby Rob » Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:22 am

Just wishing anyone visiting this site over the December holiday period a very Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year, with the Four Ashes still empty and not looking good we are still trying to locate another venue for the Nano meets as plan B, and I will report back again in a few days time :thumb:

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Support for the Four Ashes