Supporting the Four Ashes - ideas please

Please post your thoughts and opinions here

Re: Supporting the Four Ashes - ideas please

Postby derek v » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:59 am

squire wrote:Here we go again. Beginning to think there is no hope for this pub! It certainly doesn't look good.

The only time it gets full is a Saturday night. Its a shame because its a nice little pub. Plus its my local. Just hope its not going to close down for good. But to be honest its looking that way
derek v

Postby sewerman » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:06 am

Let's be positive here. For the 4 yrs I've been coming to the nanos the pub has had a new manager every few months and it's still going.

Also is a new manager going to say no I don't want 30 odd cars a day on my field when that's potentially 30 customers who will use the pub , I don't think so.

So let's sort the dates and see the pub, then we can take it from there.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
sewerman
Nano Crew

Postby derek v » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:52 am

Also is a new manager going to say no I don't want 30 odd cars a day on my field when that's potentially 30 customers who will use the pub , I don't think so.

HAHAHA I almost fell off my chair laughing :rolling: :rolling: but like your style
derek v

Postby ARCTIC » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:43 pm

derek v wrote:Morning Nano team and members.
Just a quick heads up. If your thinking of getting next years dates in ready for the new management i suggest you do it soon.
I was in the pub Friday and a rumor was about that its not doing well. Nothing new there. Saturday there was a sign up outside the pub wall on the A449 side. Pub to let.
I popped in again Sunday and its true.

Ok now that Derek as given us the heads up, we need to get the dates in and hopefully wrote in the book, we have managed to do that with every other leaving manager so they can pass it on for the next occupiers, also ever since we have used the field we have thought the pub may close, i doubt those that own it will not want it empty for to long therefore will soon have someone it trying to make it work, surely someone should be able to make a pub of that size work and make a good living from it, look at the eagle up the road by the island they are always packed out.

Below are the dates i proposed to Rob just after the last meet.

March 16th & 17th

May 11th & 12th

June 22nd & 23rd

July 20th & 21st

Sept 14th & 15th

Oct 19th & 20th crisp & cold :thumb:
Willing to help.

You do the work. We supply the expertise

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby Rob » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:56 pm

I will be up that way on Thursday this week and will pop in with your dates Steve and will post back on here.
Nano Meets, " You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

Postby Devilish » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:50 pm

At the last social there were just 3 of us, when I arrived I saw people packing stuff into a motor as if they were moving.
Devilish
Nano Crew

Postby Rob » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:54 pm

Called in the Ashes today about 4 and oh so familiar a story not sure if it's Groundhog Day or Deja Vue or both!
Sign on the road saying burger night, sign on the door says kitchen closed, needed to wash my hands but no soap in the dispenser, only 1 man in the bar, got no white wine for the wife, so had 1 pint and 1 glass of red wine cost £8.50
Yvette the manager not there and the barmaid, who could do with going on a learn to smile course, would not discuss next year's meets or take the dates from me as they are moving out of the pub next Wednesday and told me to come and see the new managers when they come in!
Nano Meets, " You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

Postby sewerman » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:15 pm

Rob wrote:Called in the Ashes today about 4 and oh so familiar a story not sure if it's Groundhog Day or Deja Vue or both!
Sign on the road saying burger night, sign on the door says kitchen closed, needed to wash my hands but no soap in the dispenser, only 1 man in the bar, got no white wine for the wife, so had 1 pint and 1glassof red wine cost £8.50
Yvette the manager not there and the barmaid, who could do with going on a learn to smile course, would not discuss next year's meets or take the dates from me as they are moving out of the pub next Wednesday and told me to come and see the new managers when they come in!
Thanks Rob. Not surprised really they'd done their 6 months stint.

Can the local members keep an eye on the place and let us know when the new management arrive and we can start all over again

At least we can put the should we offer them some money debate on hold [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk
sewerman
Nano Crew

Postby derek v » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:02 am

It was not a surprise that Yvette is leaving.The pub is only full on a Saturday night even though its a great little pub. I will still go there on the weekends that's if its open. I can let Steve or Rob know when a new landlord is it because i pass the place every week night. you will find in time that the pub closes down and turns in to a supermarket. But for now fingers crossed the Rover 75 club get the field next year.
derek v

Postby ARCTIC » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:30 am

Hi Rob.
Thank you for going in and trying to speak to the out going manager Yvette, we now know that we need to negotiate with the next manager that will be incoming, do we have Yvette's number if so maybe a call to her asking to leave a message in the book as every outgoing manager for us was willing to do so, that then gets out foot in the door so to speak, if I get time today I will have a quick drive up and see if I can get hold of anyone or Yvette her self. Arctic. :cheers:
Willing to help.

You do the work. We supply the expertise

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Support for the Four Ashes