Supporting the Four Ashes - ideas please

Please post your thoughts and opinions here

Re: Supporting the Four Ashes - ideas please

Postby ARCTIC » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:31 pm

by sewerman » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:07 pm

Thanks Rob

Steve, I wasn't suggesting we just turn up like some pikeys!, just that with the pub unoccupied we might be able to arrange to use the car park with the brewery rather than have the field opened.

Rob wrote:you bring the white van Scott, i'll bring the horses !

:lol: :lol: I have a few high Vis jackets :help:
Willing to help.

You do the work. We supply the expertise

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby derek v » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:29 pm

there is a lock on the gate but its open. Had a look this morning. For weeks there is nobody there day or night
derek v

Postby Rob » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:15 pm

How on earth its not been broken into or vandalised I don't know
Nano Meets, " You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

Postby derek v » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:50 pm

Either someone reads our posts or there upping security at the Four Ashes this week. On every gate including the football field there are massive chains and very strong padlocks. You can even see them from the road. I pass there night and day so if i see anything i will post up.
derek v

Postby Rob » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:27 pm

Thanks Derek please report any changes and keep us posted.

The first planned meet of 2019 is now only 2 months away and:

> We currently have no venue
> There is no response from the brewery
> They are stepping up security which will prevent us just turning up and using the car park ( an option I do not favour anyway )

So I am going to visit the Bradford Arms within the next week to suss out exact details about using that as a venue going forward and I will post back on here. I will ask about cost ( likely to be £2 per car for 1 day or whole weekend and the charge per car removes any obligation to use the pub in exchange for using the field for free) and camping ( possibly £5 per night ) plus toilet use etc, if anyone wants me to ask anything else please post on here but note that the pub do not do breakfasts but the food is recommended.

I have looked into the implications of charging and it seems that as this will always be a voluntary event and not a public one we should be ok without any 3rd party insurance and we can always introduce a waiver or a sign on the gate if necessary to make sure we are covered

The pictures below are courtesy of Steve ( Devilish ) and the idea to use as a venue from Keith so thanks to both of them, the last picture compares the Ashes to the Bradford Arms and as you will see there are lots of similarities.

The Bradford Arms is situated about 4/5 miles from the Ashes and is on the A5 heading towards Telford.

I am not making a final decision here so comments are welcome but just making sure we have an alternative venue which is looking the more likely scenario.

The scheduled dates for 2019 are below but as we cannot confirm them until we have a venue we have not publicised them more widely:

March 16/17
May 11/12
June 22/23
July 20/21
September 14/15
October 19/20

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

Postby Devilish » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:50 pm

That looks a great venue, and them photos are superb. What I would like to know is, what was the person standing on who took the photos, Robs shoulders.
Devilish
Nano Crew

Postby sewerman » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:31 pm

That does look a good venue as an alternative while we wait to see what happens with the ashes. And time is Marching on to get an alternative sorted.

Might be worth seeing if they do a day rate for the field give us an idea of how much is needed to donate per car when you check it out Rob.

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk
sewerman
Nano Crew

Postby Rob » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:13 am

Devilish wrote:That looks a great venue, and them photos are superb. What I would like to know is, what was the person standing on who took the photos, Robs shoulders.

Steve - stop taking the " P ", you know you used your drone after you came back from that trip to Gatwick

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

Postby derek v » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:44 am

There is one thing to note about the Bradford arms field. Its on a slope so jacking cars up if you get the field is going to be a challenge. Oh and there is a toilet block right next to the field with just one loo and water taps on the side of the pub behind the gate. A few years ago I did area meets there for the midlands AAC-i branch American Auto Club International. They also have biker meets so they love motors and bikers there
derek v

Postby Mick » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:56 pm

That looks like a pretty good option. And cheap enough not to put anybody off, not that I think it would. Nobody could be that churlish when considering the help and expertise is all free.. Prospect of decent food available is a bonus, I'll certainly give it a try.
Looking forward to seeing all you good folks again in the spring
Mick

PreviousNext

Return to Support for the Four Ashes