Supporting the Four Ashes - ideas please

Please post your thoughts and opinions here

Re: Supporting the Four Ashes - ideas please

Postby Mick » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:06 am

Points.

1:- Have any of the nano crew ever been asked to pay for the use of the field by any of the pub landlords?

2:- Is the field ever used for any purpose other than the nano meets?

3:- When presenting the nano itinerary for the year to the pub landlords, if they are not happy with the arrangement surely they will say so.

4:- If, in the event the pub landlords decide that the nano meets are preventing them from making money from use of the field for other purposes, then an amicable arrangement should be discussed with them.

5:- Visitors to the nanomeets are there for one purpose only. They are not there for eating and drinking. That is simply a by-product.

6:- Providing breakfast facilities is IMHO not a viable proposition for a pub, staff to provide such is in all probability not cost effective. They are not a café. If they were and, providing good quality food such as the proverbial "all day breakfast" they would do very well. That is not the case so a moot point.

I know we all feel obliged not to take the use of the field for granted . That is only right and proper. The way forward is, again, IMHO to let the landlords decide how much. if anything they want to charge for said useage and take it from there. They do, after all, make some money from food and drinks from some of the nanomeeters which they otherwise would not.
Mick

Postby ARCTIC » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:04 pm

Mick wrote:Points.

1:- Have any of the nano crew ever been asked to pay for the use of the field by any of the pub landlords?

2:- Is the field ever used for any purpose other than the nano meets?

3:- When presenting the nano itinerary for the year to the pub landlords, if they are not happy with the arrangement surely they will say so.

4:- If, in the event the pub landlords decide that the nano meets are preventing them from making money from use of the field for other purposes, then an amicable arrangement should be discussed with them.

5:- Visitors to the nanomeets are there for one purpose only. They are not there for eating and drinking. That is simply a by-product.

6:- Providing breakfast facilities is IMHO not a viable proposition for a pub, staff to provide such is in all probability not cost effective. They are not a café. If they were and, providing good quality food such as the proverbial "all day breakfast" they would do very well. That is not the case so a moot point.

I know we all feel obliged not to take the use of the field for granted . That is only right and proper. The way forward is, again, IMHO to let the landlords decide how much. if anything they want to charge for said useage and take it from there. They do, after all, make some money from food and drinks from some of the nanomeeters which they otherwise would not.

All good and sensible valid points from Mick above, therefore we must just approach them the managers, with a we have our last meet coming up in October, how have you found it this season etc which is the first we have had under your management, would you like to give us some feed back, and would it be ok to give you next years dates before the end of October early November, that way they then can have their say as to what they would like or not like.
Willing to help.

You do the work. We supply the expertise

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby woolleysox » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:27 pm

I have a weight issue so regular breakfast is out for me however on the times I have had breakfast it was always fine and have no issue.When we attend the Tuesday evening meets as we all drive we cannot drink a great deal so not much cash goes over the bar and often we are the only folks in the pub so numbers appears to be the name of the game. I think when booking the next round of meets ask if the numbers are an issue should we ask to drop the breakfast. Asssuming the evening meals are sound folk who want too can still partake. If it’s decided to make a donation I don’t have a problem and will go with the flow. :union: :union:
I enjoy the Tuesday evening social meets so will miss them if dropped :getmecoat:j
woolleysox
Nano Crew

Postby ARCTIC » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 pm

HI Rob.
big shout out for you three guys Steve, Scott for turning up to the social night 23/10/18, below I have carried Martin's thought for the social thread.

squire wrote:Hope the social nights just don't fizzle out as I enjoy them, gets me away from swmbo :hail:
Martyn.

Martin.
I am afraid it may well go down that road, as most of us are not able to make it all the time, and I feel I have to say when we do a show up in any numbers, good support for the pub is not really viable, I say this because most of the time you can not get a decent meal, half the time they do not have the drinks that some of us like, if we spend £10.00 between us it is a miracle due to the above.

In the past we have had a meal each on the social night sometimes 10 or more of us, with our ever busy lives and real life getting in the way I feel and this maybe me personally that I would rather there not be social nights, where only a few turn up sit round a table for up to 2.5 hours with one drink each it does not look good, I can not believe that we have not yet been asked how and in what way we are supporting the FA.

I fear that will come sooner or later as they the managers must be thinking what are we getting out of this club using our field etc, I have said on another thread we need to produce them with our 2019 dates asap, this will then give them a chance to put forward what they might have to say to us, as we not making any effort to sit down with them and find out where we stand, I know we have said including me if it's not broken do not try and fix it.

can we really go on waiting out fate or is it best to meet it head on then decide what we can do, this year 2018 as been a very good turn out at every meet even the last one on the Sunday when is was pouring down.

Surely we must put some sort of plan into action as I personally dislike not knowing how we stand from one month to the next with the field what are your thoughts guys :cheers: Arctic.
Willing to help.

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby sewerman » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:18 pm

I'm still not convinced there's an issue, we're basing an awful lot on an overheard remark I'm my view.

We need to sort the dates and see the owners with them. As for breakfast we need to ask them if it's worth it . If I recall it was one of the previous landlords who offered breakfast which we thought was a good idea and asked the subsequent landlords if they'd do it but if numbers are not there its not worth it.

Evening meals on Saturday now have to be early doors as they have kareoke so the kareoke is the main thing for them and our meals don't seam a high priority.

They don't seem to do food in the week so the option of a social meal is a bit moot irrespective of the quality of the food.

So let's get the dates speak to the management and take it from there

Scott
sewerman
Nano Crew

Postby Rob » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:47 pm

Unfortunately Steve you will never get absolute certainty at the Ashes given the turnover of managers every few months, we get settled then unsettled again and it's just groundhog day.

I will try and make the November meet but not so easy for me now I am 50 miles away for the forseeable future.

We can however put the dates together and take them in the Ashes, it doesnt have to be done at a social meet I dont mind going in when I am up there and at least we will know how they think the meets have gone and if they are prepared to host us next year. I am back at least once a week and it wouldnt be a problem.

You are right in a previous post to say that the Ashes often do not have the drinks we want and we are all driving so it will never be a money spinner for them, and the food is regarded as ok by some and not so good by others and people will vote with their feet judging by their own experiences.

On a positive note to end we have been holding meets at the Ashes now for at least the last 6 years and even though there have been management changes we have managed to keep going.

New ideas are always welcome not sure myself if paying for the field would work but we can always give it a try if that is the majority verdict
Nano Meets, " You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

Postby sewerman » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:08 pm

Good plan Rob keep us posted on what they say and we can take it from there
sewerman
Nano Crew

Postby ARCTIC » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:38 pm

Rob & Scott.
I agree and applaud both your input, also agree that unless we are categorically asked to pay for the field we should not volunteer payment, as you have suggested lets get the dates into them so we know if they are intending to stay into the new year, and if not if they as always pass our dates on to any new managers that may take over, that way we already have a foot in the door so to speak worked for up until now.

Rob I think I emailed you some dates to check out, maybe post them up on admin for crew to look over and agree, if you need them again please drop me a PM or email, once we know they can be set and copied onto hard sheet and given to the FA managers, :cheers: boys
Willing to help.

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby derek v » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:11 am

Morning Nano team and members.
Just a quick heads up. If your thinking of getting next years dates in ready for the new management i suggest you do it soon.
I was in the pub Friday and a rumor was about that its not doing well. Nothing new there. Saturday there was a sign up outside the pub wall on the A449 side. Pub to let.
I popped in again Sunday and its true.
derek v

Postby squire » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:37 am

Here we go again. Beginning to think there is no hope for this pub! It certainly doesn't look good.
squire

PreviousNext

Return to Support for the Four Ashes