Supporting the Four Ashes - ideas please

Please post your thoughts and opinions here

Re: Supporting the Four Ashes - ideas please

Postby sewerman » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:48 pm

Rob wrote:Dont forget with the BA owner is happy to take gate money of £2 per car which means we have no obligation to use the pub at all, but by all accounts it sounds good and we will use it as people will vote with their feet.

Glad the Ashes is open again but for how long has to be the question, over to Derek our man in the field to report back....................
Have the BA confirmed £2 per car then Rob? If it is a fixed rate per car with no other obligation to the pub sounds a good option to me

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk
sewerman
Nano Crew

Postby derek v » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:31 pm

yes your right there was a blue car out the front taking things up stairs because its right up to the living quarters instead of going through the pub. The only way up stairs in the pub is from behind the bar and not easy to get up stairs that way. They will be open in a few days from what i was told from a couple in the Harrows tonight. But yes your right the Bradford Arms sounds a better deal if it can be pulled off. Not sure about a couple of quid will make the landlord happy. If he knows a few will use the pub for drinks and meals might sound better. plus us lot who camp will for sure use the pub and we do put a far bit of cash across the counter. I know i do lol.

So fingers crossed it can be pulled off.
derek v

Postby Mick » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:18 pm

All looking a bit more positive. If I wasn't 112 miles away I would be helping out. Just grateful to all you guys for putting in the effort. Rob or Steve, let me have the details when you can and I'll update the website.
Mick

Postby Bermudan 75 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:04 pm

I will be supporting the Nano meets more often again. My 75 has been off the road for over two years, but will become a regular again and you never know 'the tent' might make an appearance.
Bermudan 75

Postby Rob » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:42 pm

Bermudan 75 wrote:I will be supporting the Nano meets more often again. My 75 has been off the road for over two years, but will become a regular again and you never know 'the tent' might make an appearance.

ah the jousting tent Mike, would be lovely to see you and "it" again in 2019
Nano Meets, " You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

Postby ARCTIC » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:01 pm

Posting this here as well as in the admin section, so it keep the owners & members in the loop.

Ok so I managed to get to the Four Ashes today, I took with me a sheet with the dates on etc, spoke to the manager whom is Sharron, she is very nice to talk to so that made it easier to explain a little bit about the fact we have had our meets here for quite a few years.

She said that at the moment they only have the bar open, and will be opening up the rest of the pub at the start of March, and that the guy behind the pub is named Doug, I said that either my self or Rob to whom I have also phoned today and passed the information onto would give Doug a ring, she went on to tell me that Doug had said if anyone comes in asking about events ect to take there name and phone number so he may well ring us we shall see, so that is the update for the FA at the present moment.

Regarding the BA I will leave that up to Rob to venture over and see how that plan pans out for us we at least then have our eggs in two baskets so to speak all the best Arctic. :cheers:
Willing to help.

You do the work. We supply the expertise

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby max1 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:00 pm

Hi all, I to called in the four ashes today, and had pretty much the same conversation as Arctic has posted above.
Who knows what lies ahead for the new owners, but felt slightly reassured that he runs quite a successful pub in the Cannock area, so let's hope the future looks promising.
max1

Postby ARCTIC » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:30 am

max1 wrote:Hi all, I to called in the four ashes today, and had pretty much the same conversation as Arctic has posted above.
Who knows what lies ahead for the new owners, but felt slightly reassured that he runs quite a successful pub in the Cannock area, so let's hope the future looks promising.[/quote
]

Hi Mark.
That was good of you, you also got a little bit more info from Sharron if that is who you talked to, hopefully Rob can give him a ring this week & we can confirm the use of the field, but it sounded like it was ok to me that we should be able to use it if he can make a go of it.
Willing to help.

You do the work. We supply the expertise

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby Bermudan 75 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:26 pm

Rob wrote:
Bermudan 75 wrote:I will be supporting the Nano meets more often again. My 75 has been off the road for over two years, but will become a regular again and you never know 'the tent' might make an appearance.

ah the jousting tent Mike, would be lovely to see you and "it" again in 2019

I can confirm that I will attend with both my 75 and 'The Tent'.
Bermudan 75

Postby derek v » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:47 am

It's looking promising for 2019. All we need now if a venue and it's party time with a few 75's thrown in. Better get the caravan sorted out of storage
derek v

PreviousNext

Return to Support for the Four Ashes