Re: Supporting the Four Ashes - ideas please

Postby derek v » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:11 pm

good news four ashes back open
derek v

Postby sewerman » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:08 pm

derek v wrote:good news four ashes back open

Good news social next week then :cheers:

But is it worth still checking out the Bradford Arms just in case , thinking 2 venues gives us a bit of redundancy incase the ashes closes suddenly again?
sewerman
Nano Crew

Postby squire » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:41 pm

sewerman wrote:
derek v wrote:good news four ashes back open

Good news social next week then :cheers:

But is it worth still checking out the Bradford Arms just in case , thinking 2 venues gives us a bit of redundancy incase the ashes closes suddenly again?

I think it would be very prudent to check the Bradford Arms out, we don't know yet what will be happening at the Ashes yet, hopefully a new manager is in now it its "open again". The Bradford Arms may be a better venue?
squire

Postby Jürgen » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:22 pm

squire wrote:I think it would be very prudent to check the Bradford Arms out, we don't know yet what will be happening at the Ashes yet, hopefully a new manager is in now it its "open again". The Bradford Arms may be a better venue?

I agree, we should go for the Bradford Arms option now. Experience has shown that the Four Ashes has more than once been closed down after a short period. In my view that poses a risk for the upcoming meets.

Does one of the locals know more details about the Bradford Arms and for how long the innkeeper has been in business at that place?
Jürgen
Nano Crew

Postby ARCTIC » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:04 am

Both the Four Ashes & the Bradford Arms would be good for us, but we do have to remember if either allow us, surely we have to show willing to help the place by using it, when we have social meets eat there, not turn up and all sit round a table and have one drink each for the total time we are there, which has been happening I am sure they notice this well I would if I ran a pub, yes I know that the FA was not really pulling it's weight with the food but again customers must give true feedback to the manager so they can do something about it, if they do not then yes why support them.

Also when we are using the filed we need to try and at least purchase out dinner meals from them, that is of cause if they are ok again if not let them know, the meals and service were really great when, Lynda & Steve kept, also not to bad when nifty had it, from then on it just went down hill.

Do we know whom as taken on the FA or are they just a temporary manager to keep the place ticking over? it needs investigating, we need to go and ask, if I have time this week I will venture down, if in the mean time anyone else doe's please report back asap. :thumb:

PS Rob.
Have the dates changed for the meets since I had these printed out in December ?

Image1
Willing to help.

You do the work. We supply the expertise

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby derek v » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:01 am

Hi Steve i'm off tonight because of going to a funeral later today. So when i come back from Northampton i will pop in to see whos got the place and for how long. But i will not say anything about the club.
derek v

Postby jubbarelly » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:52 pm

I went past the FA this afternoon and there was a blue car at the front of the pub on the footpath and the side door was open, lights were on inside too, not sure why they were parked there and using that door but someone was doing something....

I dont own a ZT anymore but will still come along and offer help / advice where needed if its at the FA or the Bradford Arms.

The food at the Bradford Arms is top notch and very good value for money. My nephew works there in the kitchens and is having is 18th bday party there next month :cheers:

Superb alternative (in my mind should be the primary venue going forward)

Cheers
Jub
jubbarelly

Postby squire » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:49 pm

jubbarelly wrote:I went past the FA this afternoon and there was a blue car at the front of the pub on the footpath and the side door was open, lights were on inside too, not sure why they were parked there and using that door but someone was doing something....

I dont own a ZT anymore but will still come along and offer help / advice where needed if its at the FA or the Bradford Arms.

The food at the Bradford Arms is top notch and very good value for money. My nephew works there in the kitchens and is having is 18th bday party there next month :cheers:

Superb alternative (in my mind should be the primary venue going forward)

Cheers
Jub

Maybe it's time for a change :confused: got to find out what the Bradford Arms can do for the Nano yet, time is marching on.
squire

Postby Rob » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:36 pm

Dont forget with the BA owner is happy to take gate money of £2 per car which means we have no obligation to use the pub at all, but by all accounts it sounds good and we will use it as people will vote with their feet.

Glad the Ashes is open again but for how long has to be the question, over to Derek our man in the field to report back....................
Nano Meets, " You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Support for the Four Ashes