Supporting the Four Ashes - ideas please

Please post your thoughts and opinions here

Re: Supporting the Four Ashes - ideas please

Postby derek v » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:20 pm

squire wrote:
derek v wrote:Well its in the right direction at the Four Ashes. Doug is doing pints of Wianwright at £2.50 and Bitter at £2.00 a pint. A nice friendly guy.


That's a start in the right direction, I've always thought it a bit pricey in the past and not a great choice. Let's hope the meals go in the right direction as well :cheers: :clap:


Lets hope so, but saying that i've never had a bad meal there in the past. Apart from the one before sam had the place. Over priced an not much on the plate
derek v
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:09 am

Re: Supporting the Four Ashes - ideas please

Postby Animal » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:03 am

Just read up on what's happening

WELL DONE LADS :cheers:

Roll on March :clap:

I nominate Pam for bacon sarnie duty :getmecoat:
Animal
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:54 pm

Re: Supporting the Four Ashes - ideas please

Postby chris65 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:19 pm

When she stopped laughing!Pam said no problem,got the generator,microwave,and full cooker,you will just have to get in line behind me and Pete!,seriously you bring the bread and bacon,really don't mind cooking them.
chris65
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:18 am

Re: Supporting the Four Ashes - ideas please

Postby Rob » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:44 pm

As an alternative we could take an order for take away sandwiches from the local truck stop and one of us nip down and get them
Nano Meets, " You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
User avatar
Rob
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1561
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:10 pm
Location: Walsall West Midlands

Re: Supporting the Four Ashes - ideas please

Postby Animal » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:19 am

chris65 wrote:When she stopped laughing!Pam said no problem,got the generator,microwave,and full cooker,you will just have to get in line behind me and Pete!,seriously you bring the bread and bacon,really don't mind cooking them.


No problem Chris :clap:

I'll cancel the hospital bed then :mallet: :nurse:
Animal
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:54 pm

Re: Supporting the Four Ashes - ideas please

Postby derek v » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:38 am

Just a heads up the pub only opens up at 4 pm week days and 12 noon weekends. But when im in there this weekend i will ask Doug about the padlock on the gate in case we turn up before the pub opens on the Friday with the caravans. I will have the cooker in the van and a cooker outside on the table aswel if anyone needs one. Pam makes lovely coffee to. Don't you darling x
derek v
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:09 am

Re: Supporting the Four Ashes - ideas please

Postby Rob » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:30 am

derek v wrote:Just a heads up the pub only opens up at 4 pm week days and 12 noon weekends. But when im in there this weekend i will ask Doug about the padlock on the gate in case we turn up before the pub opens on the Friday with the caravans. I will have the cooker in the van and a cooker outside on the table aswell if anyone needs one. Pam makes lovely coffee to. Don't you darling x


Thanks Derek, sorting out the padlock saves me a job, we have had problems before when it has been locked when we turned up on the Friday and were told to cut it off but we don't want to go down that route again !

If you can blast a few moles whilst you are there that would be good too !

You are now the official Nano diplomatic correspondent out in the field so please keep the reports coming ! :cheers:
Nano Meets, " You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
User avatar
Rob
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1561
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:10 pm
Location: Walsall West Midlands

Re: Supporting the Four Ashes - ideas please

Postby derek v » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:30 am

Popped in the pub yesterday Friday for a couple of pints on the way home. Sharon was there and had a nice chat with her. Nice friendly lady. The pub is having a revamp in the lounge and kitchen and will be open on the 1st March. Turn up for the books is that Doug has taken a five year tenancy for the ashes and not a short one like all the rest. Fingers crossed he might be the one with his staff to get it going, who knows
derek v
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:09 am

Re: Supporting the Four Ashes - ideas please

Postby chris65 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:17 pm

Hope those pints were yours lol,thanks for the update.
chris65
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:18 am

Re: Supporting the Four Ashes - ideas please

Postby squire » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:45 pm

derek v wrote:Popped in the pub yesterday Friday for a couple of pints on the way home. Sharon was there and had a nice chat with her. Nice friendly lady. The pub is having a revamp in the lounge and kitchen and will be open on the 1st March. Turn up for the books is that Doug has taken a five year tenancy for the ashes and not a short one like all the rest. Fingers crossed he might be the one with his staff to get it going, who knows


Now that is very promising news to hear and starting the New Year off. Let's all hope it takes off for the new tenants and wish them well. :clap:
Any little extra support that the Nano Social Nights can supply will help show our good intentions, hopefully now we can get back on track.
Many thanks for the updates Derek.

:cheers: Martyn
User avatar
squire
 
Posts: 199
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:28 pm
Location: Bilston

PreviousNext

Return to Support for the Four Ashes

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest