Please post feedback from October meet here

Please post your attendance/jobs to be done/offers of help/feedback here

Re: Please post feedback from October meet here

Postby ARCTIC » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:07 pm

sewerman wrote:Organisers it's a 10min job to change a bonnet was a bit optimistic though :getmecoat:

So was the two people to do the job, I counted 7 I think at one stage :o mind if you think about it, one to align, one for the electrics, one for the water jet plumbing, two hold the bonnet, one to remove the bonnet under sound proof, & one to sort out the locking catches :lol: all good though :thumb:
Willing to help.

You do the work. We supply the expertise

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby Gren 24 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:16 pm

Thanks to Julian, telling and showing me which steering wheel control interface I needed for my pioneer radio. I sent for the parts and arrieved today and fitted by me. So now I have the steering wheel control function working as it should.
:cheers:
Les
Gren 24

Postby Rob » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:55 pm

And big thanks to you Les you are always willing to help and lend a hand which often goes unnoticed and you were the last one there on Saturday helping with a door issue long after almost everyone had gone
Nano Meets, " You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

Postby Gren 24 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:56 pm

That is what these Nano Meets are all about helping where we can and learning from others, and enjoying meeting old and new friends,no matter what the weather may be.
See you all at the next Nano, if not before
:cheers:
Les
Gren 24

Postby Mike2000 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:52 pm

It's been a week since my first Nano Meet, and I've finally found a moment to write a few words on how it went.

Saturday - - on arriving Artic made me welcome.

My car was subjected to the spy hole mod (thanks Artic & Mark), during which a lot of water was observed in the plenum. This is now dry.

Duncan kindly plugged the T4 into my car, thankfully all is well.

My n/s/r door lock and window weren't working, so I took the opportunity to strip off the door card, knowing that if I ran into difficulty I could seek help. I had brought a replacement lock with me, but it wasn't needed as the electrical connector was unplugged :confused:. The window was stuck shut, but a little pushing down with my hand whilst pressing down the window switch freed it off. All window runners now treated with silicone spray and working smoothly.

Last job required was to replace the drivers lock, which wasn't unlocking using the remote key. Les' stepped up to the job and did this tricky job for me.

Sunday - arrived to see various Nano members sheltering from the rain. With nothing better to do I joined them. Subsequently I was privileged to see how may people could change a bonnet without getting in each others way - well done those men!

Finally, using some of the knowledge I gained last Saturday, this morning I helped a friend do the spy hole mod to his tourer.
Mike2000

Postby Duncan » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:45 pm

Mike2000 wrote:
Finally, using some of the knowledge I gained last Saturday, this morning I helped a friend do the spy hole mod to his tourer.

And that's exactly what we like to hear. The knowledge gained being passed on to others, whether at the meets or elsewhere!
Duncan
Nano Crew

Previous

Return to Midlands Nano Meet Weekend Sat 13 & Sun 14 Oct 2018