Please post feedback from October meet here

Please post your attendance/jobs to be done/offers of help/feedback here

Re: Please post feedback from October meet here

Postby Roderick87 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:59 am

Absolutely weeing down here in Herefordshire, was hoping things might improve but forecast is not good until late in day. Keeping an eye on River Wye rising rapidly. Some flooding is almost inevitable. Regret it very much but a 160mile round trip is just a bit too much. Very best of luck who are there or will be going. Hopefully next year will be a goer. Ray.
Roderick87

Postby ditto » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:02 am

Many thanks to all who helped get my zt diesel back to running as it should, Steve, Scott, Rob and all the others with their friendly advice, collection tin is now a little heavier than it was, cheers all, Joe, {Ditto}.
ditto

Postby Gren 24 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:49 pm

A nice Nano Meet as always, seeing old and new friends. I would like to thank John ( Mischief ) and Julian for there help with my radio. I now know what parts to get to get steering wheel controls to work.

All the best to every one

Les :cheers:
Gren 24

Postby sewerman » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:03 pm

Well rain stopped play at 12 ish today still a few die hards turned up to take shelter in the gazebo.

Wet end to another fantastic year of nanos thanks to the crew for organising and everyone who's helped doing bits to my cars.

If I don't get to see you at the socials have a good Halloween/ bonfire night / Christmas and New year.

See you all next year for nanos 2019

Scott

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
sewerman
Nano Crew

Postby BL52KRZ » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:39 pm

Afternoon to all those brave enough to attend today’s last meet of the year. After coming back from holiday yesterday from Somerset, (pouring with rain for the last 2 days) I and my friend decided to be a couple of deserters from today’s meet. I was really looking forward to the last meet of the year, but after looking at the weather forecast at 12pm. last night, decided that it was going to be a wash out with all the rain, so stopped in bed for an extra hour. Just like to thank Steve and all the crew for the effort they put into running this great meeting , and long may it continue. Roll on next year.
TANTRUMS DO NOT WORK.NIL DESPERANDUM
BL52KRZ

Postby Bogbrush82 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:40 pm

Massive thanks to Jubbs, Duncan, Steve and everybody else who helped me out with sourcing and fitting a replacement bonnet for Tarquin (A.K.A Francis), Especially since the weather was so horrendous. I am immensely grateful for what you guys did. :cheers:
Bogbrush82

Postby ARCTIC » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:40 pm

Once again we have quite a good successful season with the weather be very kind to us throughout until today the last meet and day of the year, Saturday was very good meet several FBH being fixed or fitted by Devlish & trebor, AndyNo1 was busy dealing with the clouded lights of owners, Mr Stocktake (Dave) for doing my special Vis motor, and lots of other owners Vis motors which revamps the cars performance, so a few would be driving back home with a big smile on their faces.

Duncan as always T4ing the cars fault finding and sharing his vast knowledge of our cars :hail: all the crew John, Jamie, Scott, Jubbs, helping out with other members with audio, doors, and other jobs that needed help of advise, Woolley for always having the kettle on the go for our teas & coffees which helps us keep going throughout the day, Mark who was busy getting the cars ready for either fitting SSC or inline stats, as well as making sure our cover was there to keep us dry :thumb:

A special thank you to Les for taking bogbrush and his dad over to Tipton to pick up his bonnet, which turned out to be worse than the one on the car, so that was abandoned luck as Richard a regular at the meet had one at his home which is quite a distance from the meet, so a plan was hatched to have it brought to the meet today Sunday.

Therefore man of the match this weekend must go to jubbs for getting up early on a wet Sunday morning and going the fair distance to collect the bonnet, he was at the meet bang on 9.30am so big big thanks for that Julian, once David got to the meet about 10.30am he was directed under the tent which once again Mark brought to the meet for us :hail: a few of us got work on it, with the end result David as once again got a decent bonnet on his car, Jubbs then also took his old bonnet and the one that was supposed to have been fitted back to David's only at the Nano would I think this would have been done, yes Jubba you are Man of the weekend :cheers:

:clap: :clap: To all the Nano crew for this seasons great efforts which make these meets unique & work, we all pull together to help member/owners & each other keep our cars running and working as they should see a few of you at the next social meets before next year, all the best Arctic.
Willing to help.

You do the work. We supply the expertise

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby Rob » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:42 pm

Well the last Nano meet of 2018 sadly comes to an end and for once the weather has had a big impact on attendance and activities over the weekend, but it didnt stop the enthusiasm and a lot of jobs got completed.

As ever thanks to all the crew for attending and assisting with numerous jobs that needed doing and for Duncan for bringing his T4 along and offering free diagnostics, and thanks to all owners who attended both old and new.

The next Nano meet will be in March 2019 and in the meantime we will hold a monthly social evening at the Four Ashes for anyone who would like to attend.

I hope you all have a great Xmas and New Year and please note the Nano forum will continue to be checked daily so if the crew can offer any advice/help during the months when there are no meets please post on here
Nano Meets, " You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

Postby ARCTIC » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:28 am

Bogbrush82 wrote:Massive thanks to Jubbs, Duncan, Steve and everybody else who helped me out with sourcing and fitting a replacement bonnet for Tarquin (A.K.A Francis), Especially since the weather was so horrendous. I am immensely grateful for what you guys did. :cheers:

The Bonnet was kindly sourced from Richard, picked up by Julian cold early Sunday morning, arrived at the Nano meet field at 09.30, then once David & Dad arrived it was fitted in a wet and windy tent the one that was sent by the seller damaged, or damaged courier was a total loss, remember David high light the damage with a marker pen then photograph them to send to the seller.

Also while I think about it, did you pick up your FBH & dosing pump which I put by the rear wheel of your car, I removed off the engine cover just in case the wind blew down the open bonnet and cause more damage, to get that fitted drop Devlish a PM & he may well be able to help you, as rain stopped play at the meet as you know.

Hopefully see you all in 2019 :cheers: :elf:
Willing to help.

You do the work. We supply the expertise

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby sewerman » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:19 am

Organisers it's a 10min job to change a bonnet was a bit optimistic though :getmecoat:
sewerman
Nano Crew

PreviousNext

Return to Midlands Nano Meet Weekend Sat 13 & Sun 14 Oct 2018