List your jobs/offers of help here

Please post your attendance/jobs to be done/offers of help/feedback here

Re: List your jobs/offers of help here

Postby ARCTIC » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:02 am

Postby Duncan » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:06 pm

Nowt wrong with supermarket fuel. Just as likely to get a bad tankful from a brand ( a friend got his car damaged by Esso). I ran a car for 70k / 6 years almost exclusively on supermarket diesel, and the new owner thinks it's in brilliant shape (because it

Paul wrote:
Duncan wrote:Nowt wrong with supermarket fuel. Just as likely to get a bad tankful from a brand ( a friend got his car damaged by Esso). I ran a car for 70k / 6 years almost exclusively on supermarket diesel, and the new owner thinks it's in brilliant shape (because it is).

I'm inclined to agree. My S-Type diesel ran on nothing but Sainsburys diesel. Never missed a beat and got down the road at a fair pace, as some of you can attest to ;).

Present S-Type runs on LPG but always starts on Sainsburys petrol and again, never misses a beat.[/quote
]

I can agree with you both that supermarket diesel is ok I just like to use BP Ultimate diesel, with it's ACTIVE technology :roll: I suppose i am one of those duped into the sales pitch ;) but as you say you can even get a bad batch from BP, Esso, etc with Joe's case he rang me to say he and to be lifted home by RAC as his car had gone in to limp mode, once home i said to him check the low pressure electric connector, he cleaned it with connector spray and it seems to have been ok since, it happened after he had filled up with diesel so i was also wondering had the diesel got water in it, ?

All worked out ok up to now once on T4 it may show something else :thumb:
Willing to help.

You do the work. We supply the expertise

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby Devilish » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:58 pm

Kitt wrote:Guys the winter is coming and I want to fit a LED to show when the FBH is on. I use the remote a lot so want to make sure I have turned it off.

I think Trebor & Devilish have them fitted so just need an overview of what wires to connect and maybe a diagram.

Any info / help fitting would be much appreciated.

Jon.

Jon. What kind of remote are you using, is it Webasto, or did I install it. Can do one for you at the next nano. Otherwise.

You need.

470ohm resistor.
Through the hole 3mm LED.
10M 24AWG RED thinwall.
10M 24AWG BLACK thinwall.
Heat shrink tube

Two wires need to be run to your rear view mirror. One from you FBH = Black wire from pin3. RED wire from IGN 12v, pass the wires through a grommet in the O/S bulkhead, up the O/S A pillar to the rear view mirror mount, the LED can be mounted there, so it can be seen from the front of the car.
Solder any leg of the resistor to the cathode leg of the LED (short leg), Slide heat shrink tube onto the BLACK wire, solder the black wire from the FBH pin3 to the other resistor leg, shrink the tube.
Slide heatshrink onto the RED wire, solder the RED wire from IGN 12v to the anode (long leg)of the led, shrink the tube.
Whenever the FBH is turned on by remote control, the LED will be on.
Remember when the FBH is shut off the LED will go out, be mindful the FBH will spend a while ramping down and purging.
It is important that the heat shrink tube is shrunk as close to the led as possible to prevent the anode and cathode legs touching.
OR
You can buy a pre wired 3mm 12v LED. The black wire from this LED is always earth, usually, whatever colour the LED is will have the same colour pos
Devilish
Nano Crew

Postby Gren 24 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:28 am

I have fitted a new radio Pioner DEH-4900DAB. All working Ok, But if any-one knows how I can get the steeringwheel control to work with it. If not Im quit happy as it is.
Gren 24

Postby ARCTIC » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:29 pm

Gren 24 wrote:I have fitted a new radio Pioner DEH-4900DAB. All working Ok, But if any-one knows how I can get the steeringwheel control to work with it. If not Im quit happy as it is.

HI Les.
Have a word with Jamie, John and or Julian they should be able to help you with a solution, thinking about it maybe trebor and or devlish so quite a few to get advice off :cheers: Arctic
Willing to help.

You do the work. We supply the expertise

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby Gren 24 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:02 pm

Hi Steve, I will have a word with them, its not a lot they dont know if any body can sort it it will be them. :thumb: ,

See you Saturday.
Gren 24

Postby ditto » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:50 pm

HELP !. the plot thickens regarding recent limp mode / loss of power, at the end of a 25 mile run today and at the top of a step hill near home the temp gauge shot up the car lost almost all power, shortly afterwards over the crest temp returned to normal and the power returned, when all cooled down 1/2 litre coolant was req, oil was normal, no obvious leaks seen, but now heater is not working, car is 05 reg mg cdt, had recent gates thermostat and gold resistor, Joe.
ditto

Postby Bogbrush82 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:10 pm

Intercooler hose?
Bogbrush82

Postby ditto » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:44 pm

Could well be intercooler hose, Steve mentioned it may need replacing soon, always seems to happen after slowing down after a longish run at 50-70 mph. cheers, Joe.
ditto

Postby Devilish » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:37 pm

Did you bleed any air out the system via the bleed screw with engine up to temp and stat is open
Devilish
Nano Crew

Postby Devilish » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:08 am

Gren 24 wrote:Hi Steve, I will have a word with them, its not a lot they dont know if any body can sort it it will be them. :thumb: ,

See you Saturday.

I am quite sure your Pioneer does not have steering wheel control wires in the main loom, god knows why, pretty piss poor for a 100 quid Pioneer, alas things aint what they used to be.
Some have a remote input, to plug in an adapter that connects to the steering wheel connector wires. I know an IR receiver can be plugged in to use a remote control, so a hard wired adapter will just send the same frequencies direct from the steering wheel, as if it were a remote.
Devilish
Nano Crew

PreviousNext

Return to Midlands Nano Meet Weekend Sat 13 & Sun 14 Oct 2018