List your jobs/offers of help here

Please post your attendance/jobs to be done/offers of help/feedback here

Re: List your jobs/offers of help here

Postby Devilish » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:33 am

sewerman wrote: the bracket is normally on the car and holds the blanked of bits of fuel pipe inreadyness for the pump to be installed.

Give that man a ceegar.
sewerman wrote:get in touch with Trebor or Develish about testing it first last thing you want to do is install it and find it's duff

Ok two ceegars.
Devilish
Nano Crew

Postby ARCTIC » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:55 am

Devilish wrote:Did you bleed any air out the system via the bleed screw with engine up to temp and stat is open

Inline stat as been fitted for at least a few months now, so I doubt it's that bleed at the same time as fitting, Joe phoned me with problems about his car going into limp mode about 3 weeks ago now, I almost sure it is low pressure causing the limp mode, over heating could be oil cooler ? we can see at next nano once he as been on T4
Willing to help.

You do the work. We supply the expertise

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby ARCTIC » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:01 am

ditto wrote:HELP !. the plot thickens regarding recent limp mode / loss of power, at the end of a 25 mile run today and at the top of a step hill near home the temp gauge shot up the car lost almost all power, shortly afterwards over the crest temp returned to normal and the power returned, when all cooled down 1/2 litre coolant was req, oil was normal, no obvious leaks seen, but now heater is not working, car is 05 reg mg cdt, had recent gates thermostat and gold resistor, Joe.[/quote
]

Joe the gates stat was fitted at least 4 months ago now, so I doubt it's that, I still think it is low pressure causing the limp home mode, T4 will tell us or should, 1/2 litre coolant are you sure you have it at the bottom of the fins and not the top, also how is the coolant cap? again we can take a good look in a few days time, you do not have oil in the coolant do you ?

Order one of these also below
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ROVER-75-MG- ... 1604439425
Willing to help.

You do the work. We supply the expertise

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby Gren 24 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:04 am

Devilish wrote:
Gren 24 wrote:Hi Steve, I will have a word with them, its not a lot they dont know if any body can sort it it will be them. :thumb: ,

See you Saturday.

I am quite sure your Pioneer does not have steering wheel control wires in the main loom, god knows why, pretty piss poor for a 100 quid Pioneer, alas things aint what they used to be.
Some have a remote input, to plug in an adapter that connects to the steering wheel connector wires. I know an IR receiver can be plugged in to use a remote control, so a hard wired adapter will just send the same frequencies direct from the steering wheel, as if it were a remote.

Hi Steve ( Devilish ) It did come with a aftermarket adapter for a Rover 75 to a Pioneer, which I have fitted and still no joy. the adapter is a CTSRV003.2 Steering Wheel Interface. Will try a put a picture below to show, which one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gren 24

Postby sewerman » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:11 pm

Well after a week on Wales I now have some front end suspension noises

1 knocking over uneven ground nothing on smooth , possibly the 2 yr 17,000 lemforda drop links failing (wernt greased though)

2 going from straight ahead to full right lock there a clunk on bringing the wheel back sounds sort of twangy nothing going to full left back to centre, possibly strut top mount?

Anyway anyone with an ear would be appreciated

Scott

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
sewerman
Nano Crew

Postby Duncan » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:43 pm

sewerman wrote:Well after a week on Wales I now have some front end suspension noises

2 going from straight ahead to full right lock there a clunk on bringing the wheel back sounds sort of twangy nothing going to full left back to centre, possibly strut top mount?

I got the twangy noise when I had some crap drop links that seized. The rust was causing the drop link to start to twist and then when the seized ball released it 'twanged' the suspension.

So the two problems could be one problem.
Duncan
Nano Crew

Postby Mischief » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:48 pm

Gren 24 wrote:
Devilish wrote:
Gren 24 wrote:Hi Steve, I will have a word with them, its not a lot they dont know if any body can sort it it will be them. :thumb: ,

See you Saturday.

I am quite sure your Pioneer does not have steering wheel control wires in the main loom, god knows why, pretty piss poor for a 100 quid Pioneer, alas things aint what they used to be.
Some have a remote input, to plug in an adapter that connects to the steering wheel connector wires. I know an IR receiver can be plugged in to use a remote control, so a hard wired adapter will just send the same frequencies direct from the steering wheel, as if it were a remote.

Hi Steve ( Devilish ) It did come with a aftermarket adapter for a Rover 75 to a Pioneer, which I have fitted and still no joy. the adapter is a CTSRV003.2 Steering Wheel Interface. Will try a put a picture below to show, which one.

Issue is that the 75 and zt's have a few different looms and steering remote types so you may actually have the wrong adapter still doesn't mean it won't work just means it may need to be hard wired.

John
The opportunity for doing mischief is found a hundred times a day, and of doing good once in a year.
Mischief

Postby Gren 24 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:34 pm

Thank you John ( Mischief ) they don't make things easy do they. Looks like I will have to look into hard wire then. Thank you for your help and advice.

Les :cheers:
Gren 24

Postby sewerman » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:00 pm

Cheers Duncan

Hopefully some one can have a listen not too worried if it's drop links but don't want the top mount to go!!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
sewerman
Nano Crew

Postby Ironhide 5665 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:28 pm

I am hoping to get my vi's motors sorted, and have a new head unit fitted/replaced. I have lots to do on my 75 and I feel assured that I will get the help, as I am amazed and thankful at the whole club.
I don't know much, but if I can help, I will.
I am keen to learn, to save my 75!
Ironhide 5665

PreviousNext

Return to Midlands Nano Meet Weekend Sat 13 & Sun 14 Oct 2018