List your jobs to be done/offers of help at March meet here

Please post here if you are attending the meet

Re: List your jobs to be done/offers of help at March meet h

Postby Devilish » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:43 am

sewerman wrote:will bring the silicon if someone can hold the boot lid up while i get the bolts out.

Silicone will do no good, you need the stuff I mentioned earlier, also if not cleaned with Isopropanol or equivalent, the adhesion will be affected, and water capillary will start to spread.
Devilish
Nano Crew

Postby Devilish » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:46 am

Steve1304 wrote:It seems to be mainly passenger rear under the light

That is the main area where water gets through the seal because water flows past the light unit like a nano river.

You will have to clean all surfaces using any sealant with Isopropanol or equivalent, otherwise adhesion will be affected, and water capillary will start again.

Gasket or rubber seal is used to adhere and seal the gasket to the body.
Devilish
Nano Crew

Postby Devilish » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:50 am

kitts wrote: I am not sure on is if I actually like the lights. One of them has some dirt on the glass/plastic inside I can't get to, and it is annoying me!

Before your bumper is re fitted when the projectors are installed, the self levelling motors need to be checked, in case they are on the way out, or have been messed with. I doubt very much if the motors or drive gear have been replaced with new ones, otherwise the seller would have told you, and the price would have gone up considerably. If any attempt is made to clean the chrome reflector, it will remove the chrome coating, that is very delicate, wiping with tissue paper will score the chrome and can take off the delicate chrome layer.

The headlight housing on the halogen and projector units are the same.

If there is contamination inside the headlight, there is a good chance the lense will have to be separated from the body. I may have time to look at the units, and possibly separate them, so you will be happy with them, but cannot promise anything. Do not settle and end up not being happy enough after the nano.
Devilish
Nano Crew

Postby Steve1304 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:46 pm

I will buy the bits you suggested and bring it all with me that way I know it's done properly and can actually use my boot as something other than a paddling pool [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Steve1304

Postby sewerman » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:05 pm

Devilish wrote:
sewerman wrote:will bring the silicon if someone can hold the boot lid up while i get the bolts out.

Silicone will do no good, you need the stuff I mentioned earlier, also if not cleaned with Isopropanol or equivalent, the adhesion will be affected, and water capillary will start to spread.

Ok Steve will get some gutter seal and wipes then and hope this fixes it :clap:
sewerman
Nano Crew

Postby kitts » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:25 pm

Devilish wrote:
kitts wrote: I am not sure on is if I actually like the lights. One of them has some dirt on the glass/plastic inside I can't get to, and it is annoying me!

Before your bumper is re fitted when the projectors are installed, the self levelling motors need to be checked, in case they are on the way out, or have been messed with. I doubt very much if the motors or drive gear have been replaced with new ones, otherwise the seller would have told you, and the price would have gone up considerably. If any attempt is made to clean the chrome reflector, it will remove the chrome coating, that is very delicate, wiping with tissue paper will score the chrome and can take off the delicate chrome layer.

The headlight housing on the halogen and projector units are the same.

If there is contamination inside the headlight, there is a good chance the lense will have to be separated from the body. I may have time to look at the units, and possibly separate them, so you will be happy with them, but cannot promise anything. Do not settle and end up not being happy enough after the nano.

Thank you. I didnt know about motors and so on! Only one light has dirt inside and I suspect it has been opened looking at it. If you could give them a look before we even remove the bumper Id appreciate your opinion. ☺
kitts

Postby sewerman » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:10 pm

Dawn you can unclip the pasenger side headlamp and theres enough slack to rest your lights on the bumper and connect them up to test aimed at a wall you should de them move through the start up test and also use the thumb wheel by the lights to check too.
sewerman
Nano Crew

Postby Ironhide 5665 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:39 am

:help: I would like some help fitting my steering wheel controls to my radio head unit, hopefully jubbs or mischief can help me. :help:
Ironhide 5665

Postby ARCTIC » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:23 am

Ironhide 5665 wrote::help: I would like some help fitting my steering wheel controls to my radio head unit, hopefully jubbs or mischief can help me. :help:

Jon I know John (Mischief ) is coming Jubbs is yet to confirm but yes they are the guys to help with your fix. :thumb:
Willing to help.

You do the work. We supply the expertise

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby Bogbrush82 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:35 pm

What is the meets rule on brake disc and pad replacement? Had to get a set for Bones.
Bogbrush82

PreviousNext

Return to Midlands Nano Meet Saturday 16th & Sunday 17th March 2019