List your jobs to be done/offers of help at March meet here

Please post here if you are attending the meet

Re: List your jobs to be done/offers of help at March meet h

Postby sewerman » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:04 am

ARCTIC wrote:
sewerman wrote:
Rob wrote:The T4 should be there Kevin so just put your name down it will also tell you where the issue is with your airbag light although the starting point and most common cause is the connector under the seat
Yes mine came on tonight reached under to have a look and .... one wire has come out the plug !!!

So anyone got a big yellow loom side conector with a bit of wire on it ??? Image

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk[/
quote]

HI Scott think I have a plug will check this week for you. :thumb:

PS just thought I have some good modified ones made up if you want to be first to try will post photo later.

Found them in a box next to my PC
Image1
Cheers Steve
I prefer to keep it origional if i can in case i change the seats, if you cant find one let me know and I'll visit a scrappies. Failing that I'll try your modified

Duncan, I assume if i soldered the wires it would be ok ? (Well asked nicley at the nano as my soldering is awful) or is the gold crimp best?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
sewerman
Nano Crew

Postby ARCTIC » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:41 am

Image1
Cheers Steve
I prefer to keep it origional if i can in case i change the seats, if you cant find one let me know and I'll visit a scrappies[/quote]. Failing that I'll try your modified

Duncan, I assume if i soldered the wires it would be ok ? (Well asked nicley at the nano as my soldering is awful) or is the gold crimp best?

Hi Scott
The connector is a original one in the centre of the photo :thumb:
Willing to help.

You do the work. We supply the expertise

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby sewerman » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:57 am

Ah sorry Steve wasnt looking hard enough!
Ill take that one please, are you at the social tonight? If not ill pop round the weekend and pick it up if thats ok

sewerman
Nano Crew

Postby jamie » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:20 am

sewerman wrote:
ARCTIC wrote:
sewerman wrote:
Rob wrote:The T4 should be there Kevin so just put your name down it will also tell you where the issue is with your airbag light although the starting point and most common cause is the connector under the seat
Yes mine came on tonight reached under to have a look and .... one wire has come out the plug !!!

So anyone got a big yellow loom side conector with a bit of wire on it ??? Image

quote]

PS just thought I have some good modified ones made up if you want to be first to try will post photo later.

Image1
Cheers Steve
I prefer to keep it origional if i can in case i change the seats, if you cant find one let me know and I'll visit a scrappies. Failing that I'll try your modified

Soldering will be fine :). I'll try to remember to bring my soldering iron!
jamie

Postby sewerman » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:23 pm

jamie wrote:
sewerman wrote:
ARCTIC wrote:
sewerman wrote:[quote="Rob"]The T4 should be there Kevin so just put your name down it will also tell you where the issue is with your airbag light although the starting point and most common cause is the connector under the seat

quote]

Image1
Cheers Steve

Soldering will be fine :). I'll try to remember to bring my soldering iron![/quote]Great wont take you long tonight then Jamie lol

sewerman
Nano Crew

Postby Duncan » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:31 pm

Yes, Soldering carefully will be OK, but a crimp is best. Either a new terminal (I think I have some gold ones for that connector) or a crimped splice. If you are using the new connector, stagger the two splices.
Duncan
Nano Crew

Postby ARCTIC » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:55 pm

sewerman wrote:Ah sorry Steve wasnt looking hard enough!
Ill take that one please, are you at the social tonight? If not ill pop round the weekend and pick it up if thats ok

Hi Scott as you will know by now I did not make the social meet, but the plug is ready and waiting for you to pick up, all you will need to do is cut the wires on your car strip them then add then to the crimps I have put on maybe add a little bit of heat shrink over the joint to keep it nice and tidy, and stop the crimps touching each other.

Image1

Image2
Willing to help.

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby Steve1304 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:36 am

I'm happy to try a modified one artic if it turns out my airbag light is the connector which most people say it always is

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Steve1304

Postby sewerman » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:05 am

ARCTIC wrote:
sewerman wrote:Ah sorry Steve wasnt looking hard enough!

Hi Scott as you will know by now I did not make the social meet, but the plug is ready and waiting for you to pick up, all you will need to do is cut the wires on your car strip them then add then to the crimps I have put on maybe add a little bit of heat shrink over the joint to keep it nice and tidy, and stop the crimps touching each other.

Image1

Image2
Thanks Steve I'll pop round this evening if thsts OK

sewerman
Nano Crew

Postby ARCTIC » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:12 am

Steve1304 wrote:I'm happy to try a modified one artic if it turns out my airbag light is the connector which most people say it always is

Hi Steve.
That's no problem seek me out for them when you arrive, and we can get one of the electric guys to give you an hand to fit them, :thumb:
Willing to help.

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Midlands Nano Meet Saturday 16th & Sunday 17th March 2019