List your jobs to be done/offers of help at March meet here

Please post here if you are attending the meet

Re: List your jobs to be done/offers of help at March meet h

Postby ARCTIC » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:31 am

kitts wrote:I have just got a set of projectors for the ZT (assuming they make it in one piece through transit) If the weather is ok might have a go at fitting them with a bit of help with the bumper, if not, no hurry! A T4 check might be nice if present, but again no hurry as everything seems ok, I know there will be errors to delete though because of the naff battery incident lol!

The one thing I'd really like to do if someone is present with a trolley jack (and the weather is kind) is get some tyre protectors on.
I only have a standard jack at home and don't feel confident with that,
and for protectors my ramps are no good. So, nothing major! Oooh, remind me to snag a spyhole whilst attending too! :) I've already done the bonnet cable and fitted a plenum guard, so halfway there. :)

Dawn :)

Hi Dawn.
I will have a couple of square pads with me, a standard jack will do to just fit a couple of tyre protectors so we can get you sorted, also there will be the tent if it is raining to fit the projectors, hopefully they will be ok in there travels as you know they do not travel well, best way to pack then really is add some bubble wrap into the rear of the light to stop them moving about good look anyways Arctic.
Willing to help.

You do the work. We supply the expertise

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby Steve1304 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:17 am

Hi everyone I don't have big jobs to do i need to do my sunroof drain ( I nearly finished the drivers side but rain stooped play last week) and lots of rattles to cure, abs light and sealing rear lights. Basically it's totally original so I'm starting from scratch and I've never owned one before so any advice or helpful pointing will be appreciated.

Steve

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Steve1304

Postby kitts » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:48 am

ARCTIC wrote:Hi Dawn.
I will have a couple of square pads with me, a standard jack will do to just fit a couple of tyre protectors so we can get you sorted, also there will be the tent if it is raining to fit the projectors, hopefully they will be ok in there travels as you know they do not travel well, best way to pack then really is add some bubble wrap into the rear of the light to stop them moving about good look anyways Arctic.

Thanks Steve. I messaged the chap with the lights and he knows about it and is going to do his best. Fingers crossed! Lots to get done to the old girl in the coming months, but she's worth it. :)
kitts

Postby chris65 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:21 pm

Hi Steve/Rob,thanks for your pics and replies,At the moment we are both unwell,(Pam not amused,it's her birthday!and not been out in days!) But will have a good look when this wind dies down and report back.Thanks again both.
chris65

Postby Devilish » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:49 pm

Uh...Whats up with the clock.../\..... should be GMT , not BST.

Or just leave it until BST starts end of March, the clock in my tourer always sets DST it's self when BST and GMT begins.
Devilish
Nano Crew

Postby Devilish » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:02 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ((PAM))
:birthday:
Devilish
Nano Crew

Postby Devilish » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:33 pm

Steve1304 wrote:sealing rear lights.

If you have water in the boot, there is just as much chance of capillary flow through the boot seal as the light seals.
Devilish
Nano Crew

Postby Steve1304 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:37 pm

I will take your wisdom on the matter it seems to be mainly passenger rear under the light but it was a secondary concern as the water was pouring in from the front drivers side sunroof drain and had to tape up the sunroof to stop it lol

Steve1304

Postby Devilish » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:58 pm

Steve1304 wrote:I will take your wisdom on the matter it seems to be mainly passenger rear under the light but it was a secondary concern as the water was pouring in from the front drivers side sunroof drain and had to tape up the sunroof to stop it lol

just need to pull off the boot seal, any rust under it can cause capillary flow through the seal, acting like a wick, cure the rust, pop some rubber non hardening sealant, or roof/gutter sealant along the rim/across the gasket, the replace the seal/light. This sealant skins over but does not harden or shrink/crack, plenty available online for a few quid, bring some to the nano. If you buy a sleleton gun tube, there will be a skeleton gun at the nano. Silicone is ok but..............

Devilish
Nano Crew

Postby Steve1304 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:12 pm

Thanks I will bring some ! That will be one job ticked off,
thanks for all the help

Steve1304

PreviousNext

Return to Midlands Nano Meet Saturday 16th & Sunday 17th March 2019