List your jobs to be done/offers of help at March meet here

Please post here if you are attending the meet

Re: List your jobs to be done/offers of help at March meet h

Postby sewerman » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:34 pm

Talking of leaking boots think I've tracked mine down to the rh boot hindge bolts so will bring the silicon if someone can hold the boot lid up while i get the bolts out.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
sewerman
Nano Crew

Postby ARCTIC » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:25 pm

Steve1304 wrote:Hi everyone I don't have big jobs to do i need to do my sunroof drain ( I nearly finished the drivers side but rain stooped play last week) and lots of rattles to cure, abs light and sealing rear lights. Basically it's totally original so I'm starting from scratch and I've never owned one before so any advice or helpful pointing will be appreciated.

Steve

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi Steve
Purchase your self a set of these below for rear lights if you have a saloon, remove the old seals clean the area round the lights add a good smear of Vaseline to both side of the new seals fits lights no more leaks :thumb:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-pc-MG-ZT-R ... 1849620721

Try and get the sunroof drain tubes done and all you need to do then is remove the water that will be under the carpets you will be :shock: when you see how much is held by the foam backing.
Willing to help.

You do the work. We supply the expertise

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby Steve1304 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:43 pm

Thanks I will buy them, I'm having difficulty getting the connectors on the sunroof drain to fit but I got rained off before I could have a good go. I'm sure there is still.water in the foam but I don't have the skill or ability to remove the seats and carpets so will have to.hope it's a hot summer!

Steve1304

Postby kitts » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:17 pm

Steve1304 wrote:Thanks I will buy them, I'm having difficulty getting the connectors on the sunroof drain to fit but I got rained off before I could have a good go. I'm sure there is still.water in the foam but I don't have the skill or ability to remove the seats and carpets so will have to.hope it's a hot summer!

Steve, I couldn't strip the carpet out one of mine either, so I removed the kick trims, lifted it from the edges front and back and stuffed old towels and lots of paper in. It took weeks literally, but it works. Keep taking the towels out once soaked, dry them then put back! :)

Dawn
kitts

Postby Animal » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:47 am

sewerman wrote:Talking of leaking boots think I've tracked mine down to the rh boot hindge bolts so will bring the silicon if someone can hold the boot lid up while i get the bolts out.

I'll hold the boot Scott ( should only take a minute by Tom/Organiser timing as it's only 5 minutes for a bonnet :clap: )

Question is what to do for the other 7 hours and 59 minutes :getmecoat:
Animal

Postby sewerman » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:05 pm

Animal wrote:
sewerman wrote:Talking of leaking boots think I've tracked mine down to the rh boot hindge bolts so will bring the silicon if someone can hold the boot lid up while i get the bolts out.

I'll hold the boot Scott ( should only take a minute by Tom/Organiser timing as it's only 5 minutes for a bonnet :clap: )

Question is what to do for the other 7 hours and 59 minutes :getmecoat:
Thanks Cliff
I think Toms estimate was based on a dry day!
But I'm sure we'll find something good to do for those few hours [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk
sewerman
Nano Crew

Postby kitts » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:04 am

You can help me fit my projectors if they havent broken on delivery :o Has anyone got a magnet on a pole thing? My boot plinth is loose one side. Tried to fit a new clip and lost the two I had into the boot.... :oops:
kitts

Postby sewerman » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:37 pm

kitts wrote:You can help me fit my projectors if they havent broken on delivery :o Has anyone got a magnet on a pole thing? My boot plinth is loose one side. Tried to fit a new clip and lost the two I had into the boot.... :oops:

There'll be enough people to help you get the bumper off to change the lights, hopefully they'll survive the trip.

Must say I'm not overly impressed with the halogen projectors if fitted on my ZT , the light cut off is to harsh compared to reflectors for me,

Oh and I'll have a magnet on a stick with me

Scott
sewerman
Nano Crew

Postby kitts » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:46 pm

To be honest I would have grabbed Steve's xenons had I known ge was selling a set! I have a bad feeling my projectors will break knowing my luck as well. Great news about the magnet! Fishing time he he!
kitts

Postby Animal » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:47 pm

kitts wrote:You can help me fit my projectors if they havent broken on delivery :o Has anyone got a magnet on a pole thing? My boot plinth is loose one side. Tried to fit a new clip and lost the two I had into the boot.... :oops:

Lets hope Blue doesn't bite like Blackie did :getmecoat:
Animal

PreviousNext

Return to Midlands Nano Meet Saturday 16th & Sunday 17th March 2019