Please post feedback from the June Nano Meet here

Please post here if you are attending the meet

Please post feedback from the June Nano Meet here

Postby Rob » Mon May 20, 2019 7:45 pm

If you have had work done on your car at the meet either a repair or modification or even just a T4 health check, we would like your feedback about the meet please as often we all just drive away and that is it until the next one, so let us know what has gone well or not and who may have helped you

A few examples would be if having A T4 session and something has been fixed or a dealer option switched on , or you may have had a VIS motor fixed, fan replaced , handbrake mod, seats swappped, O rings replaced , Powerfold Mirrors fitted , headlights polished etc etc

You can give thanks to the owner(s) who helped you here if you wish , but all we really need to know is that you have driven away happy with the work completed.
Nano Meets, " You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

Re: Please post feedback from the June Nano Meet here

Postby Duncan » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:53 pm

Well I have to say big thanks for those who have helped me today. In particluar Steve and Jamie with a mention for Chris as well who may have diagnosed my water leak without me even trying.

There's more work tomorrow, but after stripping out a lot of the car today we have:
Run a microphone cable from the rear quarter to the interior light module.
Removed a redundant Nokia phone car kit
Replaced the handbrake cable compensator with one from a BMW Mini and it feels so much better.
Got rid of the intermittent airbag light (I say intermittent but it was more on than off).
Run an activation cable for the BMW bluetooth module from the rear quarter up to the centre console.
Put back a centre console fixing that has been sat in the glovebox for the last five or six years.

Still plenty on the list for tomorrow!
Duncan
Nano Crew

Postby ARCTIC » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:38 pm

Wonderful turnout once again, Andy doing his light cleaning, Mark clay mitting and polishing Chris tourer, as always bumpers off, I can not even remember when I have attended a Nano meet without ever seeing a bumper off one car or more, finally rectified David's fan, also found out something new that the Rowe A/C control panel does not work the same as the original panel on a diesel car, usually you can turn ignition on to II press demist and fan will kick in, with the Rowe control panel the engine must be running as the same for a petrol engine car, therefore was the Rowe A/C control panel only supposed to be for the petrol engine?

Sone old a new faces attending which is great as it seems the meets are still fairly strong, hopefully the weather will be kind to us again tomorrow, and a big thank you for all those that attend :cheers: Arctic.
Willing to help.

You do the work. We supply the expertise

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby Bogbrush82 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:59 am

Massive thanks to Arctic for the replacement fan. 2 years and lots of time and effort wasted trying to get the old one to work, but now with the new one I finally have nice refrigerated air again, :cheers:

Agree with the MG7 ATC though - very weird.
Bogbrush82

Postby Mike2000 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:21 pm

Just back from todays meet.

Big thanks to Steve (Artic) for supplying a SSC handbrake compensator, Duncan for helping out with a replacement cable and Steve and Mark for fitting the compensator.

I had the opportunity to pick a number of peoples brains (how to cure the leaking rear windscreen clips etc.)
Mike2000

Postby Duncan » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:28 pm

Bogbrush82 wrote:Massive thanks to Arctic for the replacement fan. 2 years and lots of time and effort wasted trying to get the old one to work, but now with the new one I finally have nice refrigerated air again, :cheers:

It may be a deliberate thing. They could have redesigned the software so that the fan doesn't run until the engine is started. After all there is no need to run the fan until the engine and compressor are running, it's justa bigger drain on the battery that is totally unnecessary.
Duncan
Nano Crew

Postby sewerman » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:40 pm

Duncan wrote:
Bogbrush82 wrote:Massive thanks to Arctic for the replacement fan. 2 years and lots of time and effort wasted trying to get the old one to work, but now with the new one I finally have nice refrigerated air again, :cheers:

It may be a deliberate thing. They could have redesigned the software so that the fan doesn't run until the engine is started. After all there is no need to run the fan until the engine and compressor are running, it's justa bigger drain on the battery that is totally unnecessary.

We did think because Rowe''s are petrol that could have been why , not sure how the atc knows the car is petrol or diesel unless it has a kbus wire?
sewerman
Nano Crew

Postby sewerman » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:49 pm

A bit quieter on Sunday but still no early finish !

Fit my spring protector's to the ZT and and halfway through a seating upgrade with jamies old seats, thanks to Jamie for his help to day.

Also thanks to AndyNo1 for bringing me a whole heap of stuff and his freebiees which I'm trying to find room for!

See you all in 4weeks on the 20th
sewerman
Nano Crew

Postby Rob » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:52 pm

A quieter meet for a change but still plenty going on, nice to see Duncan working on his own car and knocking a few jobs off his "to do" list, many thanks to all crew and owners who attended, a few pictures I took are now on the pictures thread
Nano Meets, " You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

Postby ditto » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:19 pm

Many thanks to Andy for doing a great job on the headlights, Scott for the help with the bumper (again}, Chris 65 for removing the broken headlight bolt, unfortunately the attempt to cure the water leaking into the boot via the rear light didn't work even after fitting a new gasket, see you all at the next one. :cheers:
ditto

Next

Return to Midlands Nano Meet Sat 22 & Sun 23 June