List jobs to be done/offers of help at June Nano Meet here

Please post here if you are attending the meet

Re: List jobs to be done/offers of help at June Nano Meet he

Postby Duncan » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:59 pm

Duncan wrote:
IMG_1351.jpg
IMG_1351.jpg
So, if I make it and I plan to, I need to find the water leak on my car. I thought I'd found it and cured it a couple of years ago but it still wets the satnav.

Today, taking the opportnity of the heavy rain, I made a start. It only seems to leak when the rain is heavy. And here is the first evidence:

So can confirm I'll be coming but the list of work I need to do has grown.

Water leak investigation and hopefully cure.
Fix the airbag light. 99% sure its an underseat one as it's intermittent and ISTR T4 telling me it was the passenger seat.
Switch and microphone cable from BT module in boot to switch panel and roof light.
Remove the Nokia phone car kit, as my phones are no longer rSap.
Switch and microphone!
Connect the charging point in the bumper to the fusebox.
New stainless screws for the rear number plate before the rusty ones fall out.
Mark and maybe even cut the holes for the powerwash jets, or at least mark the positions of the jets!
Some advice on polishing headlamps. I've done them a couple of times but they go cloudy again quite quickly. I've never used wet and dry first, is that my problem?
Duncan
Nano Crew

Postby sewerman » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:49 pm

If anyone has a working switch pack I could borrow I'd be grateful the drivers side mirror up / down on both cars has stopped working so I want to eliminate the switch as a cause
sewerman
Nano Crew

Postby Duncan » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:55 pm

sewerman wrote:If anyone has a working switch pack I could borrow I'd be grateful the drivers side mirror up / down on both cars has stopped working so I want to eliminate the switch as a cause

We can prise mine out of my door. It's been treated with gold contact cleaner and the mirror switch works great now.
Duncan
Nano Crew

Postby sewerman » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:08 pm

Duncan wrote:
sewerman wrote:If anyone has a working switch pack I could borrow I'd be grateful the drivers side mirror up / down on both cars has stopped working so I want to eliminate the switch as a cause

We can prise mine out of my door. It's been treated with gold contact cleaner and the mirror switch works great now.

Thanks Duncan
sewerman
Nano Crew

Postby jamie » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:54 pm

Duncan wrote:
Duncan wrote:
IMG_1351.jpg
IMG_1351.jpg
So, if I make it and I plan to, I need to find the water leak on my car. I thought I'd found it and cured it a couple of years ago but it still wets the satnav.

Today, taking the opportnity of the heavy rain, I made a start. It only seems to leak when the rain is heavy. And here is the first evidence:

So can confirm I'll be coming but the list of work I need to do has grown.

Water leak investigation and hopefully cure.
Fix the airbag light. 99% sure its an underseat one as it's intermittent and ISTR T4 telling me it was the passenger seat.
Switch and microphone cable from BT module in boot to switch panel and roof light.
Remove the Nokia phone car kit, as my phones are no longer rSap.
Switch and microphone!
Connect the charging point in the bumper to the fusebox.
New stainless screws for the rear number plate before the rusty ones fall out.
Mark and maybe even cut the holes for the powerwash jets, or at least mark the positions of the jets!
Some advice on polishing headlamps. I've done them a couple of times but they go cloudy again quite quickly. I've never used wet and dry first, is that my problem?

I'm sure I can help you run the cabling for your switch and microphone, and maybe some of the other things :-)
jamie

Previous

Return to Midlands Nano Meet Sat 22 & Sun 23 June