List jobs to be done/offers of help at Sept Nano Meet here

Please post here if attending the meet

Re: List jobs to be done/offers of help at Sept Nano Meet he

Postby derek v » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:00 am

I've got a problem with the rear near side brake caliper. Its lost it's rubber off the plunger. anyone got a spare.
Last edited by derek v on Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
derek v

Postby Duncan » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:15 am

Rob wrote:
Duncan wrote:
Rob wrote:Scott - Rimmers have a good offer on towbar electrics if you need anything

For the 75? I had a look and couldn't see any for a 75 but would be very interested if I could get a spare.

Sorry Duncan on checking not the 75, why are they so different from car to car or is that a stupid question ?
Because of the lights being driven by the light switch module, the 75 towpak has an extra ECU that gets added to drive the lights. There are aftermarket versions known as bypass relays, but the proper one works so much better, and uses the trailer warning light in the instrument pack, and can detect failure of most of the trailer lights and warn you.

The ECU is the same as some BMWs (surprise surprise) but the wiring harness isn't. I've not seen a Rover one for sale for a time, and I'd like a spare ECU.
Duncan
Nano Crew

Postby Bogbrush82 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:20 pm

Forgot to ask - could somebody take a look at my fuel gauge to see why it's acting up? It's annoying not knowing how much fuel I have.

Thanks.
Bogbrush82

Postby sewerman » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:29 pm

Duncan wrote:
Rob wrote:
Duncan wrote:
Rob wrote:Scott - Rimmers have a good offer on towbar electrics if you need anything

For the 75? I had a look and couldn't see any for a 75 but would be very interested if I could get a spare.

Sorry Duncan on checking not the 75, why are they so different from car to car or is that a stupid question ?
Because of the lights being driven by the light switch module, the 75 towpak has an extra ECU that gets added to drive the lights. There are aftermarket versions known as bypass relays, but the proper one works so much better, and uses the trailer warning light in the instrument pack, and can detect failure of most of the trailer lights and warn you.

The ECU is the same as some BMWs (surprise surprise) but the wiring harness isn't. I've not seen a Rover one for sale for a time, and I'd like a spare ECU.
Thanks Duncan

I'm going for an aftermarket by pass relay hich has an output to illuminate a dash light, but im guessing its not possible to connect this to the lsm or to the dash direct ? Its a low line speedo

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
sewerman
Nano Crew

Wiring PDC and cruise on an entry level ZT diesel saloon

Postby malc » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:50 pm

Hi,

Looking for a bit of help / advice on wiring rear parking aids and cruise on a '54 plate, from what I can see I don't have the breakouts in the harness on my vehicle so it won't be as simple as 'plug and play and update the ZCS code' - I do have wiring, switches, ecu's etc.

My background is I developed of original the spec / attributes of Rover 75 and lead on MG programmes including the V8 at MGR - I can tell you all about the vehicle history but not great with electronics - worked with Duncan back in his younger days at Rover.

Regards, Malc
malc

Re: Wiring PDC and cruise on an entry level ZT diesel saloon

Postby Duncan » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:52 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Rob or Mick, maybe we could move this into the jobs to be done thread? I know I have admin rights to do it but don't want to mess things up!

The guys on here are very knowledgeable and as I mentioned are keen to help people learn more about looking after and / or improving their cars. August is a quiet time on the forums (which is why we don't do an August meet) so don't worry if it takes a while for others to add.

Adding PDC ought to be straightforward, I seem to remember it could be dealer fitted anyway. It needs an aux feed which might have to be run from the front, but other than that the speaker needs adding somewhere, the reverse signal can be picked up from the feed to the reverse lamps themselves, and a ground on one of the boot earth points. I'm not sure if anyone else has retrofitted but I did it on my V6 so can certainly help.

Cruise control is harder, but at least on a diesel it's easier than a V6 if there's no wiring. I'm not sure quite what's involved, but I think someone fitted one to a diesel ZT at the July meet. Hopefully they will see the thread and offer some advice, and maybe even offer to give some pointers when you come along to a meet. Can anyone remind me who it was?

I will probably only be at the September meet for one of the two days, but I understand you might not make it then. If that happens then we can move this to the October meet thread when it opens. October might be even worse for me, as my parents are moving house sometime right around when the meet is. Hopefully I'll be there as a respite though!
Duncan
Nano Crew

Postby sewerman » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:34 pm

Duncan wrote:Hi and welcome to the forum.

Rob or Mick, maybe we could move this into the jobs to be done thread? I know I have admin rights to do it but don't want to mess things up!

The guys on here are very knowledgeable and as I mentioned are keen to help people learn more about looking after and / or improving their cars. August is a quiet time on the forums (which is why we don't do an August meet) so don't worry if it takes a while for others to add.

Adding PDC ought to be straightforward, I seem to remember it could be dealer fitted anyway. It needs an aux feed which might have to be run from the front, but other than that the speaker needs adding somewhere, the reverse signal can be picked up from the feed to the reverse lamps themselves, and a ground on one of the boot earth points. I'm not sure if anyone else has retrofitted but I did it on my V6 so can certainly help.

Cruise control is harder, but at least on a diesel it's easier than a V6 if there's no wiring. I'm not sure quite what's involved, but I think someone fitted one to a diesel ZT at the July meet. Hopefully they will see the thread and offer some advice, and maybe even offer to give some pointers when you come along to a meet. Can anyone remind me who it was?

I will probably only be at the September meet for one of the two days, but I understand you might not make it then. If that happens then we can move this to the October meet thread when it opens. October might be even worse for me, as my parents are moving house sometime right around when the meet is. Hopefully I'll be there as a respite though!
Jamie is your man for retro cruise loom fitting:-)

Sent from my Bush10Nou using Tapatalk
sewerman
Nano Crew

Postby Duncan » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:22 pm

sewerman wrote:Jamie is your man for retro cruise loom fitting:-)

Thanks Scott. Hopefully he will pop on and offer some advice about what's needed. Always a quiet time on here in August.
Duncan
Nano Crew

Postby jamie » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:27 pm

malc wrote:Hi,

Looking for a bit of help / advice on wiring rear parking aids and cruise on a '54 plate, from what I can see I don't have the breakouts in the harness on my vehicle so it won't be as simple as 'plug and play and update the ZCS code' - I do have wiring, switches, ecu's etc.

My background is I developed of original the spec / attributes of Rover 75 and lead on MG programmes including the V8 at MGR - I can tell you all about the vehicle history but not great with electronics - worked with Duncan back in his younger days at Rover.

Regards, Malc

When you say you have the wiring have you got the complete cruise loom or chopped ends of one? If its the complete loom with all pins intact then its not too bad to fit. If it is the ends of a loom it makes it a huge amount more time consuming.
jamie

Postby derek v » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:56 am

Iv'e got a problem with my drivers door locking. My key fob will not unlock the driver's door. Second press unlocks the other three, but not the driver's door. Driver's doors unlocks with key. All doors lock with remote and with key. Would this be a motor in the door.
derek v

PreviousNext

Return to Midlands Nano Meet Sat 14th & Sun 15th September