List jobs to be done/offers of help at October Meet here

Please post here if attending the meet

Re: List jobs to be done/offers of help at October Meet here

Postby sewerman » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:22 pm

Hi Ray be good to see you again, not done any of the jobs your looking at myself but sure someone has.

Regarding the sill I think you got away with that hole most would have failed it ! As for repairs to it Tom Hobbs is the man , but I believe he's booked till Easter, he did my ZT and it's perfect. He'll spray it too if you supply a rattle can and waxyoil the chassis if you supply that too

His contact details are on his web site http://www.tjhobbs.com/contact.html]
sewerman
Nano Crew

Postby Roderick87 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:23 pm

Hi Scott, thanks, good to see you have earned your stripes. Yes I'm aware of Tom Hobbs, he is a long way from Hereford though, but do have some local places I will talk to. One I have already seen has an entire Jensen Interceptor being stripped down and restored. He looks promising. Should see you Sunday.
Ray
Roderick87

Postby dattrike » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:26 pm

dattrike wrote:Could do with the leak back check as still having a long crank to start the car.

Go it sorted today, changed the injectors for the four from the donor car I bought for the number plate :thumb:
Starts straight away now and sounds much better :thumb:
dattrike

Postby ARCTIC » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:05 pm

dattrike wrote:
dattrike wrote:Could do with the leak back check as still having a long crank to start the car.

Go it sorted today, changed the injectors for the four from the donor car I bought for the number plate :thumb:
Starts straight away now and sounds much better :thumb:

HI Dave
Did you change all four because you could not find out which one or more were leaking, if so it will be hard now to know which of the removed injectors is at fault, so personally I would strip them all down and clean them, maybe changing a few shims if you need to, nice to hear you got it sorted though.
Willing to help.

You do the work. We supply the expertise

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

rear brake carrier bolts

Postby derek v » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:59 am

Hi Guys has anybody got 4 spare housing carrier bolts spare. On the drivers side rear they are rounded off so need to change them
Dek
derek v

Postby dattrike » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:55 am

ARCTIC wrote:

HI Dave
Did you change all four because you could not find out which one or more were leaking, if so it will be hard now to know which of the removed injectors is at fault, so personally I would strip them all down and clean them, maybe changing a few shims if you need to, nice to hear you got it sorted though.

Hi Steve,
I couldn't rely on the car to start so changed all four because I knew the donor car ones were ok. I was having to use easy start nearly every time I used the car. I'll bring them with me Saturday and donate them if you'd like them.
dattrike

Postby Roderick87 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:36 pm

Last year when going to attend but then didn't, I had a couple of Avon ZV7 15" tyres, which a guy called Andy001 (I think) was interested in. Well I still have them and will bring on Sunday if anyone is interested. They are used but still got loads of tread on them, as replaced them very early in their life for 4 new All Season tyres. I would if possible like £30 for the pair but will haggle!
Let me know and I'll put them in the boot. They've been stored indoors.
Ray
Roderick87

Postby ARCTIC » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:58 pm

dattrike wrote:
ARCTIC wrote:

HI Dave

Hi Steve,
I couldn't rely on the car to start so changed all four because I knew the donor car ones were ok. I was having to use easy start nearly every time I used the car. I'll bring them with me Saturday and donate them if you'd like them.

Hi Dave yes that would be good gives me something to do in the shed over the winter months, I have a few projects :thumb: & have a little area set up for injectors & HPFP cleaning, replacing the seals etc, keeping the shims & jets in stainless steel bowls :cheers:
Willing to help.

You do the work. We supply the expertise

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby woolleysox » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:37 pm

Free to collect from Nano meet set of ZT-T door cards :union: :cheers

Please advise if you want them I will only take them if someone asks for them can also be collected from
Birmingham by arrangement

Rob
woolleysox
Nano Crew

Postby sewerman » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:10 pm

I've got a pair of reflector headlights FOC near side is ok off side has 2 broken fittings but their ideal to practice polishing on before you do it for real. They'll be in a box Infront of my car :clap:
sewerman
Nano Crew

PreviousNext

Return to Midlands Nano Meet Sat 19 & Sun 20 October