Another member from Wolves :-)

Just registered ? Say Hello here

Another member from Wolves :-)

Postby sewerman » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:01 am

Hi

New Rover 75 Tourer owner here. 3 months and 3600 miles of happy ownership so far :D

Have met a couple of members already though - Dave (Mad Monk) coded a new key for me and Steve (Arctic) has fitted a new fan , ac condenser and lower engine mount.

Fitting the fan gave me a good insight into the workings of Rover and a bit of history too, evidence of a decent front end bump on the front crash panel, all hidden by the bumper.

Fitting the fan through up a bit of a problem too the AC showed Er on each side, no indicator repeaters and gong in cabin - panic time but and after a bit of research diagnosed the FBH connectors as a possible cause - disconnected them and all is ok now - except no FBH. :(

Am going to try and make the Saturday of the June nano to get the T4 to have a look at the FBH and get some advice on the sagging rear bumper.

Scott
sewerman
Nano Crew

Re: Another member from Wolves :-)

Postby Duncan » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:00 pm

If you remove the kbus wire from your FBH (we can do it at the Nano) it should still work, though the T4 won't be able to talk to it. Not that that matters as it usually crashes the T4 anyway!
Duncan
Nano Crew

Postby sewerman » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:12 pm

Thanks Duncan - the kbus wire is disconnected now otherwise I get no indicator display or tone on the dash.

If its not too technical an answer what do the kbus wires do if the FBH works without it? just curious as for 3 months no problem then suddenly there is ....
sewerman
Nano Crew

Postby Duncan » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:18 pm

sewerman wrote:Thanks Duncan - the kbus wire is disconnected now otherwise I get no indicator display or tone on the dash.

If its not too technical an answer what do the kbus wires do if the FBH works without it? just curious as for 3 months no problem then suddenly there is ....

The Kbus wire is just one of the wires in the plug I suspect you have disconnected. The others are needed for it to work, so I propose to pop the one wire out of the connector (its the white / red / yellow wire)

Its purely there for the T4 to talk to it. Which is a bit of a waste saying the T4 software usually (in my experience) refuses to talk to it anyway.
Duncan
Nano Crew

Postby sewerman » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:46 pm

OK

here's a pic of mine

the 3 wire plug is just resting in at the mo

Hopefully it will be nicer weather to look at it !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sewerman
Nano Crew

Return to Introduce Yourself