Hello from Plymouth :)

Just registered ? Say Hello here

Hello from Plymouth :)

Postby Zeeblum » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:38 pm

Hi guys,
I joined the community a good few months ago but haven't really got involved until this week. I asked Raislin a couple of questions and he suggested I start a topic in the nano meets area. Then I noticed this HELLO page. :) So Hello all

I bought my first ZT from a place called 'The cheap car centre'. :oops:
Twas an '03 Xpower Grey ZT+ 1.8 turbo. I loved it..........alot!
Two weeks after I bought it the head gasket went at the same time the cheap car centre liquified to be replaced by 'the cheap car centre uk' and seemingly brand new management and staff, so no getting help from anyone there! :hissyfit:
Before I wrote it off at 18:00 coming back from Minorca on the M25, it had had 3 head gaskets, 3 turbos and I had replaced the engine. What a dog! Spent most of its life in the garage but when it worked it was awesome.

Mean while I bought a '03 Classic British Racing green Rover 75 2.0 V6, mmmmmm, loved her! And fixed all that I was capable of fixing. I sold it just before the triple belt system had to be done. Lost money on her but sold her to a keen enthusiast who had the belts done and loves the car. :)

Bought an Audi A6........ Nice but had electrical issues. Sold it a few months later.

Then I found my current '04 Xpower grey ZT+ CDTI 135 beauty. Its covered 285000miles yet feels newer and better than cars half its milage. I'm hugely into the idea of modifying it, I'd love to find the beefy zt 260 body kit for it, the Premium grill and generally upgrade it to the max. I kind of fantasies about stripping it down completely and rebuilding it as if it was art. Know what I mean? :clap:

I have been driving to Bath from Plymouth to see my mechanic at Camerton Autos who for the best part of 4 years has been amazing but recently he's been too stretched to give my cars the time they deserve and I have made a few wasted journeys there.

I also now have (for the last 6 weeks) a ZTT+ CDTI 135 for our family run about, but its full of oddities.
It's had a full service. I changed the front drivers shock and replaced the bottom engine mount with power flex. Ive just bought a pair of head lights and rear passenger light and a screen washer bottle sensor.

Here's a brief rundown of its main faults:

Pungent smell when reversing up my steep drive.
Handbrake beyond tightening.
Major reverberation through car at different points throughout the rev range
Rear de-mister inoperative
Clutch low despite upgraded (Tazu) slave cylinder
Temp gauge fluctuates between 7 and 8 oclock
Rear light captive nut spins so can't take out rusted bolt to secure new light
There are other niggles but listed are the worst.

I'd appreciate any feedback at all.

All the best, can't wait for a Nano Meet ;)

Regards
Zach
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Zeeblum on Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zeeblum

Re: Helloooo :)

Postby Paul » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:27 pm

Hi Zach,

Pleased you decided to join here. Hope to see you at a nano-meet soon :)
" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Paul
Nano Crew

Re: Helloooo :)

Postby Zeeblum » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:34 pm

Cheers Paul.
Im going to make my way to the meet in May. Its fine for me to turn up friday eve and camp in the Ashes field, Yeh?
Zeeblum

Return to Introduce Yourself