new to the forum! go easy on me !

Just registered ? Say Hello here

new to the forum! go easy on me !

Postby LouisM » Sat May 23, 2015 1:09 pm

Hello everyone!

Just registered on this forum
Unfortunately im a bit of an outcast as a rover 45 facelift owner!
However I am very find of all MGRover era vehicles.
My father-in-law is a zt-t owner along with a fleet of MG Bs, also a bit of an enthusiast.

Any how im in need of advice/assistance.

In an effort to bring my humble poverty spec rover into the future and add some upgrades, ive fitted electric windows over the keep fit as standard on a classic model, however after adding in all the switch work and the door looms the windows still wouldnt operate, after some research ive discovered they will need activating using a T4 reader.

further research on this pointed me in the direction of this helpful forum!

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Louis - from Telford
LouisM

Re: new to the forum! go easy on me !

Postby Duncan » Sun May 24, 2015 9:59 pm

To be clear do you mean the windows on your 45? If so, then I'm pretty sure no T4 needed. It would be needed on a 75 because the BCU would be changed and it controls the windows. The windows on 45s pretty well just hard wired apart from the module in the drivers door to give you one shot open.

I say this with experience of 45 windows, my sister in law still runs my old 45, and has had problems with the drivers window caused by a broken wire.
Duncan
Nano Crew

Postby LouisM » Mon May 25, 2015 12:26 am

That would be the case with the mk1 45, unfortunately the mk2 switched to the pektron system with a bcu full of relays to control everything...

As far as i know all the bcu's were the same with all the relays inside, however different functions were not acticated for different models, such as fog lights and heated seats (i also have the switch work and loom in place for those but no buttons or seats with connectors)

Louis
LouisM

Postby Rob » Mon May 25, 2015 9:00 am

Hi Louis and welcome to our forum, Duncan is the man re the T4 and he will no doubt reply to your latest post when he next checks in. You and your 45 will be welcome at our meets if you can make it and the next one is coming up at the end of June. Although we are predominantly about the 75 and ZT models we are all Rover fans and have had other models at our meets in the past.
Nano Meets, " You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

Postby Duncan » Mon May 25, 2015 9:59 am

Ah, OK. Yes the one I know is a Mk1.

I know how to activate things on 75's, its a case of recalculating the codes and re-entering them. I have no idea at all how its done on a 45, though I'm afraid. The 75 is based on BMW technology so the coding system is BMW. I doubt the 45 is the same, but you never know.
Duncan
Nano Crew

Postby Paul » Tue May 26, 2015 6:58 pm

[quote="Rob" Although we are predominantly about the 75 and ZT models we are all Rover fans and have had other models at our meets in the past.[/quote]

In fact, some of us don't even have MG/R cars anymore :confused:
" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Paul
Nano Crew

Postby LouisM » Wed May 27, 2015 9:40 am

Thanks everyone for your replies!

Ill have to see if i can get over in june, totally rota dependant though as im a chef its a struggle to get away to do anything!
LouisM

Return to Introduce Yourself