Gloucester Rover 75 fan here; )

Just registered ? Say Hello here

Gloucester Rover 75 fan here; )

Postby olik » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:15 am

I only discovered the Nano site during the last June meet, but made my way up to Wolverhampton on the Sunday to see for myself what it was all about.
Great. Love the idea of it all & now keen to participate positively in any way I can.

My current retirement car is an 03 Classic CDT saloon which is a real classic, in its way, I'm sure. Previously had a V6 Club SE Tourer which had the proper V6 burble, but drank large amounts of petrol the way I drove it: )
Always been a fan of Longbridge cars in the past. For my sins... Land-crabs, Maxis, Minis, 1100s, various Rovers going back to a 1960 100, MGBs galore in the 70s. Mk 2, Mark 7/9/10 Jags even, but they not Longbridge obviously: ) But at least they were English, then.

I don't have much 'hands on' experience with cars, but I do have some extensive knowledge of English/Italian Classic lightweight bicycles, as well as the more ordinary machines, if anybody needs any help/advice in this area, I'm pleased to assist: )

Looking forward to meeting everybody & willing to 'put something back' as the saying goes.

I believe the Rover 75s & their derivatives are future classics, & the good ones need preserving.
Mine will be.

John.
Newboy with R 75s, but an old-hand with classic lightweight English bicycles; )
http://www.classiclightweights.co.uk/bikes/dunning-foster-rb.html
olik

Re: Gloucester Rover 75 fan here; )

Postby Rob » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:25 pm

Welcome aboard John, glad you enjoyed the meet, they do become addictive so be warned !
Nano Meets, " You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

Re: Gloucester Rover 75 fan here; )

Postby olik » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:32 pm

I'm quite happy to be addicted to this particular 'drug': )
Don't think it is an arrestable offence.
Yet.
Newboy with R 75s, but an old-hand with classic lightweight English bicycles; )
http://www.classiclightweights.co.uk/bikes/dunning-foster-rb.html
olik

Return to Introduce Yourself