Mother of Zeeblum

Just registered ? Say Hello here

Mother of Zeeblum

Postby Sazzarooo » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:31 pm

Hi there

I have to admit to feeling a little excited to have registered with you as Zach has had so much positivity to share with me and suggested that I might feel really at home amongst other Rover lovers. So here I am.

My car history is funny and started with an old Wolseley and then onto a Yugo which I took my test in and failed abysmally after driving with a variety of people by my side for a couple of years. That was in my twenties and so I used public transport for many years until I arrived at a time in life where I knew being able to drive would be really useful. That was around 7 years ago now I think and I am fifty-one years old, so much of my life without a car.

It only took nine lessons and then I passed my test and believe you me I couldn't drive enough. After
hearing what I required in a car, my driving instructor recommended a Mondeo and I haver to say that in comparison to other cars I had driven by then and been a passenger in, I was really pleased.

However - then my beautiful Rover came along and the first time I drove it I will tell you, it felt like a tram. So smooth, so heavy to the road, a sassy deep rumbling engine - and the height of comfort inside. Zach had his MGZT and I had my Rover Connoisseur and when they were parked up on the drive together, it was only the rest of my life that begged to also come up to scratch. I SIMPLY LOVE MY ROVER - but now it is broken :-(

Being as it has almost 200 thou on the clock, I have decided to repair it (probably slave cylinder - and also a leaky boot0 and then to sell it. In the meantime I am looking for another the same with all the trimmings including Satnav and tow bar and a 160 remap, would have me bowled over with pleasure.

So far I have found lots of Rovers for sale but not one like mine with the perks I mention - and have now been without a car for w while whilst waiting for the right deal.

My car was on the market for 1300 but the seller let me buy it for 900. I have a thousand to spend now on a new Rover and have found some actually much cheaper but again, I haven't been able to find exactly the right one :-(

Well I had best go now - a very long introduction I hope that's alright. I'll check back and have a better look around tomorrow.
Lovely to meet you all and thank you for reading.

Best
Sazzarooo (Zeeblum's mum).
Sazzarooo

Re: Mother of Zeeblum

Postby Rob » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:28 am

Welcome aboard the good ship Nano meets, will you be attending any of our meets or will Zach prefer his mother not to know what he gets up to on his weekends far away from home ! :getmecoat:

Hope you find a good car, be prepared to travel is my advice as the best one may not be just around the corner, but prices are low so bargains to be had.

We dont have a cars for sale section on here as we are all about giving advice and support once you have one, but if you want to look at the forum of the Rover 75 & ZT Owners Club, they have a members car for sale section which is worth keeping an eye on as cars on there have usually been owned by fellow enthusists and well looked after.
Nano Meets, " You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

Return to Introduce Yourself