Hi Everyone

Just registered ? Say Hello here

Hi Everyone

Postby Ratsalad » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:06 am

Just joined, hoping to attend a few meets in the new year, health and finances will play their part but I'll do my best :D I've only ever been to one meet in my life and that was at the last four ashes meet, Steve fitted my fan for me, tbh I was as much use as a chocolate tea pot, had absolutely no idea about these cars. Steve and Nige just blitzed the job while I looked on like a gormless idiot. I'm hoping I can put that right in meets to come.

:) :)
John

Ratsalad

Re: Hi Everyone

Postby ARCTIC » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:48 am

Hi John.
Nige and I enjoyed the job and it was a pleasure meeting you, shame that the horn loom was not connected and we had to take the bumper off again :oops: good job it is not a hard job ;) see ya at the next ones Arctic ;)
Willing to help.

You do the work. We supply the expertise

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby Rob » Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:06 pm

welcome aboard John
Nano Meets, " You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

Postby Ratsalad » Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:23 pm

Thanks, Actually Steve you having to take the bumper off again helped me to advice Paul_D where the loom connected for the horns on Carla's Kermit after the wiring had been butchered to fit aftermarket ones, so something good did come out of it, including getting my horn working :P
John

Ratsalad

Postby Cockaa » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:21 pm

It was a pleasure helping you John, all part of the service & ethos of the nano meets ;)
Maybe get those twin horns fitted next time matey :shock:
Glorious Grey Gone but not forgotten :(
Cockaa

Postby Ratsalad » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:23 pm

**** wrote:It was a pleasure helping you John, all part of the service & ethos of the nano meets ;)
Maybe get those twin horns fitted next time matey :shock:

They're on Carla's Kermit now, so I'll have to source anther set nearer the time ;)
John

Ratsalad

Postby Paul » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:15 pm

Ratsalad wrote: tbh I was as much use as a chocolate tea pot, had absolutely no idea about these cars.

It's the willingness to get stuck in that is important John. The experience will come in time :)

Take me for example, I can now remember which way to turn a spanner to undo a nut... 9 times out of 10 :lol:
" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Paul
Nano Crew

Postby Ratsalad » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:09 pm

Paul wrote:
Ratsalad wrote: tbh I was as much use as a chocolate tea pot, had absolutely no idea about these cars.

It's the willingness to get stuck in that is important John. The experience will come in time :)

Take me for example, I can now remember which way to turn a spanner to undo a nut... 9 times out of 10 :lol:

:D 30 years ago I wouldn't think twIce about replacing big-end bearings on an engine in situ, on just ramps and axle-stands outside my house (Ford Capri)

Nowadays though and because of my arthritis I do a small job on the car and have to rest up for a day...

I do what I can myself, saves money ;)

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk
John

Ratsalad

Return to Introduce Yourself