Re: Should the March meet go ahead ?

Postby Bernard » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:37 pm

Good news Rob, well done.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Bernard
Nano Crew

Postby squire » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:48 pm

That's excellent news Rob, excuse my pessimism, but I can't but wonder "how long will it last"! It does seem that the Ashes is a hard pub to run in the current economic climate. I sincerely hope I'm wrong and wish Michelle good luck, she'll need it.

Martyn :cheers:
squire

Postby ARCTIC » Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:48 pm

squire wrote:That's excellent news Rob, excuse my pessimism, but I can't but wonder "how long will it last"! It does seem that the Ashes is a hard pub to run in the current economic climate. I sincerely hope I'm wrong and wish Michelle good luck, she'll need it.

Martyn :cheers:

That is true Martyn.
All the more reason for us to help by using the pub more our selves in the future but as long as this is going on it will be a bit scarce i would think. Even when we do start the Meets again space is going to be at a premium, which i have been talking to Rob about today so NON Rover cars must be kept off the field, we will have to try test as car then a space as wide as a car so on and son on, if planed properly no one can pick us up about social distance, i even suggested to Rob that we use some of the meet funds for bunting & stakes to peg the spaces out.

Also use some anti-bacterial spray and paper towel in and around the T4 tent, that is if Duncan is up to doing it, we can find out about that later, we will need to show we are professional and take the social distance serious.
Willing to help.

You do the work. We supply the expertise

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby Rob » Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:13 pm

She already has one pub and it's a strange time to be taking on 2 new ones given the current climate
I think we are all now programmed to thinking won't last so we get over the next 2 meets which will finish off the year and see what happens after that
There is a lot of lost trade to get back and the nearby Harrows Inn has now opened after a major refurb and will do well I reckon
The Ashes only ever seems to be patched up when the tenancy changes and unless a bit more foresight can be shown as it has lots of potential then it may well fade and die again, let's hope Michelle can turn it around
Nano Meets, " You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

Postby Duncan » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:03 am

ARCTIC wrote:Also use some anti-bacterial spray and paper towel in and around the T4 tent, that if Gordon is up to doing it, we can find out about that later, we will need to show we are professional and take the social distance serious.

Gordon?

:oops:
Duncan
Nano Crew

Postby ARCTIC » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:39 pm

Duncan wrote:
ARCTIC wrote:Also use some anti-bacterial spray and paper towel in and around the T4 tent, that if Gordon is up to doing it, we can find out about that later, we will need to show we are professional and take the social distance serious.

Gordon?

:oops:

Duncan it should say :lol: :thumb:

sorry i was emailing Gordon about his diesel manifold & EGR /MAP sensor change either at the next meet or if he wanted to drop his car off at mine for the day :)
Willing to help.

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby Duncan » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:41 pm

It's absolutely no problem. But it is weird. 99% of the time people get my name wrong, they choose Gordon! And it's more often than you'd believe!
Duncan
Nano Crew

Postby ARCTIC » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:54 pm

Duncan wrote:It's absolutely no problem. But it is weird. 99% of the time people get my name wrong, they choose Gordon! And it's more often than you'd believe!

Duncan i wonder is it because you look like a Gordon :lol: not that i know what Gordon looks like as no two Gordons would look the same unless they were identical twins,
Willing to help.

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Meet Venue Updates