Should the March meet go ahead ?

Opinions Please

Re: Should the March meet go ahead ?

Postby Kitt » Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:43 am

Ok so my car is cleaned and polished inside and out ready for the first meet of the year :thumb: But with the risk to some of our members I think its best to cancel this time and make sure we keep everyone safe, then we will all be back and fighting fit for the next / first Nano of 2020.

It’s disappointing not to have the meet but at the end of the day your health is the most important thing here.
User avatar
Kitt
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:23 am

Re: Should the March meet go ahead ?

Postby max1 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:31 am

I Would normally attend, even though my rover is at present on a sorn. However given the situation I will not be attending.
If the meet goes ahead, and the tent that I bring is required, perhaps another member can make arrangements to collect it from me.
max1
Nano Crew
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:42 pm
Location: Wolverhampton

Re: Should the March meet go ahead ?

Postby Dave » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:52 am

It looks like the decision will be out of our hands if the 0ver 70's and at risk have to stay at home. If this includes all with long term conditions there wont be many of our age group left available.
Dave
Nano Crew
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:35 am

Re: Should the March meet go ahead ?

Postby Brunty » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:00 am

I am currently dealing with both elderly parents who have severe health issues and carers in 4 times a day. Spend at least 3 days a week with them and my wife is there pretty much full time. Just got them to do a will and power of attorney and will shortly be moving them into a 1 bed warden controlled flat. I fear that both will die shortly anyway but would dearly like to give them a chance of a bit more time together. Will miss this meet due to caring duties and health reasons, after all, I am also classed as elderly and vulnerable.

Good luck with whatever happens and hope to see members at future meets.
Brunty
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:16 am

Re: Should the March meet go ahead ?

Postby sewerman » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:28 am

Devilish wrote:Cancel or not, numbers are going to be not much more than a social meet. May as well cancel it, and the social meet, everything else seems to be being cancelled.

Or just have the Saturday as an open social day, anyone wants to turn up do so, I would pop in, will not be going to sit in the pub, that is for sure.

Probably pi$$ down anyway :)
TBH a Saturday social type meet is probably the best compromise if we do anything at all. But the turn out will be low so probably not worth it.

Main thing is to let the Ashes know. We all know the Ashes has struggled and the last thing a new landlord needs is this coronavirus.

I'm sure thiings are going to change daily advice wise but its going to get worse before it gets better, so best to see how it goes on a meet by meet basis.






Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
User avatar
sewerman
Nano Crew
 
Posts: 426
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 10:25 pm

Re: Should the March meet go ahead ?

Postby Bernard » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:16 am

Circumstances are changing and I have now reconsidered. As I am now approaching 80 and have had pneumonia 3 times in the past, I think it would be unwise to go anywhere for a while. So unfortunately have decided not to go anywhere.
User avatar
Bernard
Nano Crew
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:01 pm
Location: Evesham

Re: Should the March meet go ahead ?

Postby sewerman » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:45 am

I think we just cancel it the advise on what to do is changing so quickly its not worth the risk.



Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
User avatar
sewerman
Nano Crew
 
Posts: 426
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 10:25 pm

Re: Should the March meet go ahead ?

Postby derek v » Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:20 pm

If you think a small get together in a field is bad you should have a walk in the big supermarkets. if your going to catch anything it will be there thats for sure. But yes things are changing day to day even though the news say no cases in Wolverhampton area has been reported. All tho an old lady did die in new cross last week. But as everyone says if the meet did go ahead the turn out would be low. So personally i would vote cancel till a letter date..
derek v
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:09 am

Re: Should the March meet go ahead ?

Postby Duncan » Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:30 pm

Hi.

Not really sure whether we should cancel, but I have decided I won't be attending. Looks like it might be a good one on the wether front, so enjoy if it goes ahead.
Duncan
Nano Crew
 
Posts: 381
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:25 pm

Re: Should the March meet go ahead ?

Postby Grout20 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:40 pm

Hi all,

With the situation changing almost on a daily basis, my guess is by next Saturday the decision to cancel will have already been made.

Having said that, after my first Nano I was rather looking forward to another drive up from Stevenage and a chance to chat with other attendees again. The October Sunday event last year was such a good way to spend a day!

So....if it does go ahead..... and hopefully if a T4 check is still possible on Saturday, I'll certainly be there.

Take care of yourselves everyone.

John

PS. Regarding the question about the two charts posted up earlier .... can T4 check the operation of the twin airbags on a 75? (Sorry!) :getmecoat:
User avatar
Grout20
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:16 pm
Location: Stevenage, Herts

PreviousNext

Return to Coronavirus - Covid 19

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest