Nano Meet September 12 and 13 2020

What will happen at the 1st meet of the year

Re: Nano Meet September 12 and 13 2020

Postby ARCTIC » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:13 pm

Hello guys
Any news on how the meet matched up, i did see Jamie about 10.15, when he passed by to sort out a JMAP on a local members car which was being serviced, cheers Jamie she was very pleased with the new oomph the car as.

Hopefully the meet went as good as it could under the circumstances, was the FA very busy, did they have any track & trace at the venue? :cheers: Arctic.
Willing to help.

You do the work. We supply the expertise

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby sewerman » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:32 pm

Hi Steve

As far as we could tell the pub was shut. No sign of activity inside.

As for the meet about 12-15 cars so very quiet. Andy did a couple of headlights and my gave my windscreen a clean.

Jamie and I got your seat wiring looms fit just got to wire them up tomorrow.

Rob and devlish had a look at an FBH

So a quiet one but still got some bits done in a secure way .

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
sewerman
Nano Crew

Postby Duncan » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:55 pm

Well the final screws arrived in the post for under the bumper (while we were out sorting the 'van). So need to fit them, and then should be there mid morning. I need to look into the airbag light as I need to MOT it. Probably just do a fiddle with the underseat connectors and if that doesn't fix it, wait until I chuck the T4 at it back home.

I did the headlights while the bumper was off for the condenser swap.

Please forgive the state of the car, it's minging dirty and the back end in bits (still chasing that water leak) but the important thing is to catch up with people.
Duncan
Nano Crew

Postby Rob » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:19 pm

As you say Duncan catching up with people is more important than the state of anyone’s car , so I hope that doesn’t put anyone off attending , myself and Steve Devilish were in our 75s today but both may be on and in something different tomorrow

I have no idea what is going on with the Ashes as a pub , whereas I have spoken to Michelle several times both face to face and on the phone in recent weeks, my last 3 calls to her went straight to voicemail and I left messages but had no response, I also went to the pub on Friday about 2.30 and it was not open although Michelle’s 3 cars were in the car park the pub was closed and despite me knocking nobody came or answered the phone . I was told by Paul today who is part of a local quiz team that used to meet at the Ashes on a Sunday night that he had recently approached Michelle about going back and she was fine with it as Sunday is a quiet night anyway, so it was set for last Sunday and the quiz team were all assembled and went to the pub as arranged at 7.30 only to find it was shut ! How anyone who is trying to get a pub back up and running can turn away 30 plus people makes no sense at all. The pub never opened today during the meet and only 2 of Michelle’s cars were on the car park with her daily driver missing .It must be very difficult to be a pub landlord in today’s climate and maybe the recent change of rules by the government has something to do with the latest developments

So back to today’s meet, because I could not make contact with Michelle , it was best to just turn up and see what happened and we were able to use the field without any issues . Scott has most of it covered above , attendance down as expected , not many jobs taken on or completed but a nice day weather wise and great to catch up with people and overall very enjoyable. Big thanks to Andy for his excellent headlight polishing , my pictures from today will be on the pictures thread shortly

I did get the names of all the people who attended today and recorded them in my phone , I also asked for phone numbers where owners contact details were not already known to me.

Hope to see more of you tomorrow and the forecast is better than today, this will probably be our last meet of the year unless things change so we will be able to sit back and see how the Ashes goes over the next 5/6 months before our first meet in 2021 which will be in March
Nano Meets, " You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

Postby BL52KRZ » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:33 pm

Today it was nice to catch up with the few members that turned up. A new member turned up with a Cowley era diesel in gold that belonged to a member of the club before. Introduced him to Devilish and Trebor so he could get his FBH up and running. There was no board in it for starters but they are going to fit a new board and see if the FBH is working. I imagine this will be the only meet this year unfortunately. My impression of the Four Ashes pub is that it will go the way of other Tenants . Shame really. Anyway those that arrive on Sunday the members that cut the grass did a really good job, so you will be ok, and thanks to those that did the tidying up. :union:
TANTRUMS DO NOT WORK.NIL DESPERANDUM
BL52KRZ

Postby sewerman » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:55 pm

Well not many cars today 6-7 but good to catch up.

Big thanks to Jamie for the wiring on the electric heated seats , was too hot to check the heated seats though !

Thanks to Rob for helping with the rear seat gone from no sides locking to one side locked so progress!

Duncan and Derek did a fine job on getting the field ready us.

Sadly i think thats the one and only for 2020 hopefully normality will return for 2021 .

Scott

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
sewerman
Nano Crew

Postby Duncan » Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:31 pm

Yes good to see people even if only briefly. Thanks to Jamie for doing a quick check on my airbag light with his T4, saved me getting mine out. Wiggled the relevant connectors a few times and the light is now off. MOT here we come.
Duncan
Nano Crew

Postby Rob » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:19 pm

Well what looks like the last meet of 2020 has been and gone and thanks to those that attended with a particular mention for Dave and Marina who made the long journey down from Leeds and nice to meet Val for the first time too.

Just a couple of jobs done with Jamie's T4 and Scott continued with his new seat installation, Robin came in his 40 years old TR6 , and we all had a good catch up.

The Pub was still shut and I have no idea what is going on but will keep an eye on things and post any developments on here.

My pictures from today will be on the picture thread shortly

A sad end to the Nano Meets for 2020 with almost all of our meets cancelled due to Covid, but hopefully we can have a better year in 2021.
Nano Meets, " You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

Postby Duncan » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:45 pm

Rob wrote:Well what looks like the last meet of 2020 has been and gone and thanks to those that attended with a particular mention for Dave and Marina who made the long journey down from Leeds and nice to meet Val for the first time too.

To be fair Dave and Marina were clearly lost as they popped in on their way to Blackpool. Their Satnav obviously needs an update.

It was great to see old friends, and new. Welcome old and new, see you next year!
Duncan
Nano Crew

Postby Bernard » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:20 pm

It was good to see at least a few on Sunday after over a year's absence for one reason or another, some reasons more welcome than others.
After spending all of her adult life in Germany, Val appreciated a gentle introduction to our lunatic world that is the R75 ZT scene but is on the fringe herself with the R25 that she now has in England.
Thanks to Jamie for diagnosing the ABS fault that occurred on the way to the Ashes. It has not recurred so far....
Let's hope that the Covid and Ashes situation changes for the better for next year, however, I fear the worst.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Bernard
Nano Crew

PreviousNext

Return to Nano Meet September 12 and 13