four ashes

What will happen at the 1st meet of the year

four ashes

Postby derek v » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:51 am

Well lads, it looks like the four ashes are closed again. its not been open for two weeks now. Even the cars have gone from the car park all 3 of them.
derek v

Re: four ashes

Postby sewerman » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:53 am

Yep was shut last night when we had the social. There were the owners cars there though about 8.,00

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
sewerman
Nano Crew

Postby ARCTIC » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:39 am

With the new restrictions close at 10.00pm last orders at 09.15pm then close until 5.00pm the next day the FA does not stand a chance of opening, personally i still think it is a front for something else going on, the front windows which was broken as never been replaced ? cost maybe £10, who in there right mind would take on any pub now in these times, never mind one that hardly as any good customers.

I am afraid it looks like time to move on and find another venue, even then are we going to be allowed to meet in groups of more than six, in 2021 if we are allowed to meet we need to make more of an effort to keep our selves safe and others, as i stated in other threads already, watch where we are this time next year not very far down the road i think. :roll:
Willing to help.

You do the work. We supply the expertise

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby Rob » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:17 pm

Not surprised it has closed Michelle has gone from answering all of my calls to leaving phone on voicemail and never ringing back
Nano Meets, " You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

Postby derek v » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:16 pm

Well lads it is closed now. Pulled up yesterday to have a look and as I went to pull on the landlady was loading her gear into her car. All her personal gear is just in front of the front door. Thats got to be the shortest pub opening in the ashes history two weeks on and off.
I can see it being a Tesco express before long...
derek v

Postby squire » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:45 pm

I think it's a very bleak outlook for the Ashes tbh, and not much better for the Nanos at the moment.

:| Martyn
squire

Postby ARCTIC » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:42 pm

HI Martyn.
I don think they can sell the FA to a superstore etc, the Nano meets have only been disrupted by the Covid 19 rules and regulations which can not last for ever, once they are lifted the meets will rise again i have no doubt about that, i have a couple of places in the pipe line, and Duncan as also mentioned a place, we will not let this destroy what as been built up over 10yrs or more, or end the existence of what is the very best R40 meets in the country :cheers: bar none.
Willing to help.

You do the work. We supply the expertise

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby squire » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:44 pm

ARCTIC wrote:HI Martyn.
I don think they can sell the FA to a superstore etc, the Nano meets have only been disrupted by the Covid 19 rules and regulations which can not last for ever, once they are lifted the meets will rise again i have no doubt about that, i have a couple of places in the pipe line, and Duncan as also mentioned a place, we will not let this destroy what as been built up over 10yrs or more, or end the existence of what is the very best R40 meets in the country :cheers: bar none.

Hi Steve,
That's the kind of fighting talk that's good to hear. Regarding the Ashes you're most likely right, but maybe if another suitable venue was to be available it might be prudent to change especially if some kind of stability comes with it. The Ashes is just right for us but the constant uncertainty, even before Covid, is getting a bit wearing, these are just my thoughts btw. Long live the Nano meets :clap:

Martyn
squire

Return to Nano Meet September 12 and 13 2020