Feedback from the meet

Please post your names here if attending the meet

Feedback from the meet

Postby Rob » Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:23 pm

Not sure where to start but what a fab day ,weather kind and sunny , around 17 cars in attendance , and the new venue is great for what we need and Karina & Ben could not make us any more welcome
Jobs wise not a great deal but I managed to do a leak back test on my own diesel which has starting problems and tomorrow will fit a new in tank fuel pump in the hope of curing it
People who came today were from far and wide , it was great to meet everyone and a special thanks as ever to those who travelled a distance to get to us , a lovely surprise to see Ben (typhoon190) and Tony from near Bicester in Oxfordshire who were both regular attendees at the Nanos a few years back and who have contributed their time to help others, Dave (Dattrike) travelled from near Cheltenham and was like Santa Claus giving out bits for 75s and ZTs without any expectation of reward , instead he asked for donations to Nano funds for the items he bought with him and £55 was donated. John Aston bought his 22 year old Atlantic Blue 75 V6 with only 22, 000 miles on the clock and there were other lovely cars there including 2 V8s
At the end as there were only a few of us left , Ed arrived from Cardiff who had got lost on the way so was late coming he will be sleeping I’m his car overnight but Ben offered him a key to the gate so he could come and go as he pleases and also offered for him to sleep in the conservatory on one of the sofas which is left open overnight if he should be uncomfortable in the car , so cannot fault the hosts at our new venue , will post some pictures from today in a while
Nano Meets, " You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

Re: Feedback from the meet

Postby AndyN01 » Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:02 am

Quizzie & my first visit to the new venue.

Easy to find - thanks to Rob's excellent post with photos. :clap: :cheers:

The sunshine had been ordered and turned up :thumb:

The parking area is a really good size and flat which is a big plus from the Four Ashes and the toilet is clean and civilised :)

Definitely a venue to make sure we use and support.

See you at the next one.

Andy.
AndyN01

Postby Mick » Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:25 pm

Hi there, great to meet up with a few folks some old-ish and some new-ish.

Huge thanks to Arctic for installing window winder assembly with Rob's assistance.

ROB:----- The seat panel colour on my car is Yellow-Ash Blue-Matrix. There was also Red-Green-Matrix available at the time. One other person asked me the exact same question, unfortunately I didn't get his name please pass the info on if you can.

Best wishes

Mick
Mick

Postby Rob » Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:48 pm

Mick wrote:Hi there, great to meet up with a few folks some old-ish and some new-ish.

Huge thanks to Arctic for installing window winder assembly with Rob's assistance.

ROB:----- The seat panel colour on my car is Yellow-Ash Blue-Matrix. There was also Red-Green-Matrix available at the time. One other person asked me the exact same question, unfortunately I didn't get his name please pass the info on if you can.

Best wishes

Mick

Thanks for the info Mick, I should have taken a picture of your seats as very unusual, maybe next time

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

Postby Rob » Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:56 pm

Day 2 on Sunday saw more jobs being tackled which is a good sign and when we can get back to a normal year in 2023 hopefully we can get more cars and owners there and do even more, we have been asked by a number of people to hold another meet in October so we will hold the final meet of 2022 on Saturday 22 and Sunday 23 October

Thanks to everyone who turned up today and again some people travelled a good way at great expense in fuel costs to get to us which is much appreciated and it was great to chat about our cars and carry out jobs , pictures from the weekend are on the pictures thread here viewforum.php?f=209 , hope to see a good turnout in October and a chance to check you car over for the winter

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

Postby malc » Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:51 am

Rob,

Sorry to have missed it, I headed up there late Saturday morning but got stuck in total gridlock around Cannock, not sure what was going on but eventually gave up and headed home after a couple hours trying to find a way through - should have packed the sat nav....

Regards,

Malcolm
malc

Postby Rob » Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:26 pm

malc wrote:Rob,

Sorry to have missed it, I headed up there late Saturday morning but got stuck in total gridlock around Cannock, not sure what was going on but eventually gave up and headed home after a couple hours trying to find a way through - should have packed the sat nav....

Regards,

Malcolm

That's a real shame Malc to get so close, I believe that there was an oil spillage on the M6 causing the traffic chaos

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

Postby typhoon190 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:33 pm

Had a really good day on the Saturday. Would have liked to have been there for both days but too many projects on. Thanks to the organisers for all there efforts making these happen and arranging the new venue. A sizable job in itself.

Sorry that my current car is less than presentable at the moment. I've taken on too many but at least they haven't been scrapped and crushed. I'll get round to getting them back up to scratch, at some point. :oops:

All the best.

Ben. ;)
typhoon190

Postby BL52KRZ » Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:44 pm

It was nice to meet some new faces, and thanks to Dattatrike for the rubber Rover mats. They have been given a coat of Demon Shine and look like new now. Rob took the board from my FBH for Devilish to refurbish(find out why it fires up then shuts down).Also thanks to Rob for getting another meet up for October..
TANTRUMS DO NOT WORK.NIL DESPERANDUM
BL52KRZ

Return to Midlands Nano Meet Sat 17 & Sun 18 Sept 2022 Kings Road Calf Heath WV10 7DU