Please post jobs required and offers of help here

Please post your nanes here if attending the meet

Re: Please post jobs required and offers of help here

Postby ARCTIC » Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:19 am

Gren 24 wrote:Hi FrattonEnder, sorry, I'm only there on the Saturday. Bring it with you though, I'm sure there will be someone there on the Sunday that can sort it for you.

Hi Les.
Big thank you for the call regarding Maggie's front door lock, as you say we can only hope for some kind weather, i think the events tent may have a showing but the big tent will not be there, as it's currently in action.

As per our conversation she should be there about 10.45am once again cheers Les.
Willing to help.

You do the work. We supply the expertise

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby Brunty » Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:30 pm

Hi Steve,
Still need the resistor pack fitting to heater, will try to be there around 10am on SAturday. Getting colder now.
Martin
Brunty

Postby ARCTIC » Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:30 pm

Brunty wrote:Hi Steve,
Still need the resistor pack fitting to heater, will try to be there around 10am on Saturday . Getting colder now.
Martin

Hi Martin.
Sorry i have not been able to get to you before the meet, Tourer needed welding on sills, new tyres, four-wheel alignment, new battery, and a full winter service, also had a few other pre-arranged jobs to sort out, but i have a couple of the heaters ready, and will see you Saturday now as we have arranged by phoner first job to tackle: After Alex fan on his V6 thumb:
Willing to help.

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby Rob » Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:04 pm

A couple of jobs may be needing help with on Saturday, I will be changing a door lock on my Freelander and there is at least 1 awkward bolt inside the door to take out and replace which is done mainly by feel, my hands are not as dextrous as they were as I have severe arthritis so may need a tad of help on that one

John Aston has a blocked filter on his washer bottle and it needs the plastic triangular corner part of the bumper removed to get access, it is a job i plan to do for him but in all I have 4 jobs to do on my Freelander so a spare hands may be useful as it will be dry on Saturday and the best day to tackle jobs
Nano Meets, " You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

Postby Bermudan 75 » Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:51 pm

Rob wrote:A couple of jobs may be needing help with on Saturday, I will be changing a door lock on my Freelander and there is at least 1 awkward bolt inside the door to take out and replace which is done mainly by feel, my hands are not as dextrous as they were as I have severe arthritis so may need a tad of help on that one

John Aston has a blocked filter on his washer bottle and it needs the plastic triangular corner part of the bumper removed to get access, it is a job i plan to do for him but in all I have 4 jobs to do on my Freelander so a spare hands may be useful as it will be dry on Saturday and the best day to tackle jobs

I funnily enough possess a couple of smallish hands, so should be able to help you out Rob.
Bermudan 75

Postby Forestgreen » Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:35 pm

Hi, hoping to be along a little after midday tomorrow (Saturday). Main job is replacing right side driver's mirror with new one, few bits of trim could do with looking at but should be simple, plus issue with one of the seatbelts and the cruise control (suggested to lubricate actuator). Any of that simple enough to do on the day I hope?
Forestgreen

Postby ARCTIC » Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:08 am

Rob wrote:A couple of jobs may be needing help with on Saturday, I will be changing a door lock on my Freelander and there is at least 1 awkward bolt inside the door to take out and replace which is done mainly by feel, my hands are not as dextrous as they were as I have severe arthritis so may need a tad of help on that one

John Aston has a blocked filter on his washer bottle, and it needs the plastic triangular corner part of the bumper removed to get access, it is a job i plan to do for him but in all I have 4 jobs to do on my Freelander so a spare hand may be useful as it will be dry on Saturday and the best day to tackle jobs

Hi Rob.
I could drop on that later in the day if Hes prepared to wait as i have a couple of jobs already to sort out first, Les is going to fit a front door lock to Maggie's car so he will be around too, i see Mike is going to help also main thing is we get all the jobs sorted as Sunday could be a wet one.
Willing to help.

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby ARCTIC » Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:45 am

Alex D wrote:I need a new 3 speed fan fitting to my V6

Hi Alex.
As promised i said i would let you know how the fan looked after opening it, your slow speed was never ever going to work again, and reason why medium speed was also reluctant was That the low-speed brush had broken free and was digging into the motor.

Image1

Image2

Image3

Image4

Image5

look how black the coil is from the brush burning away.
Image6

low speed brush had come adrift.
Image7

Therefore, it was digging into the motor.
Image8

The motor is no longer of any use, but some new brushes can be added to the board for future use on a fan with the board gone.
Image9

high speed brushes not too bad.
Image10

See you next year.
Willing to help.

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Midlands Nano Meet Sat 22 & Sun 23 Oct 2022 Kings Road Calf Heath WV10 7DU