Feedback from the meet

Please post your names here if attending the meet

Feedback from the meet

Postby Rob » Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:15 pm

Record here any feedback from the meet, maybe a comment on the new venue, thanks to someone who helped you, or if you had work done on your car how did it go, or anything else you wish to mention
Nano Meets, " You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

Saturday 18 March Feedback from the meet

Postby Rob » Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:27 pm

We had 15 cars in attendance, not bad for the 1st meet of the year and in March when the weather is unpredictable, but some sunshine did make an appearance early afternoon

It was great to see some stalwarts of the nano meets there today with many appearances under their belts going back almost to the start over 10 years ago, Dave(Stocktake), Bernard, Lyndon, Dave (Dattrike) and Les but thanks to all who came to support us and as we move forward in 2023 hopefully we may get more cars and more jobs being done and a T4 back, today only a few jobs were done but big thanks to Andy for doing the headlight polishing and bringing Quizzie who is fast becoming the Nano mascot, and thanks to Dave for setting up his VIS motor repair station

All are welcome at our meets whatever club you may belong to it doesnt matter, and you car doesnt have to be in pristine condition we are trying to keep more and more 75s and ZTs on the road by giving help, advice and hands on support along the way , if you have never been to one of our meets please give it a try.

My pictures from Saturday here

viewtopic.php?f=219&t=702&p=9693#p9693

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

Re: Feedback from the meet

Postby AndyN01 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:53 am

Good to catch up and whoever prayed to the weather Gods did a pretty decent job.

Quizzie had a great time. She's such a "persuasive" lady when there's food to be had :D :D

Looking forward to the next one.

Andy
AndyN01

Postby Duncan » Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:22 pm

Great to see everyone again. Looking forward to the next one.
Duncan
Nano Crew

Postby Rob » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:05 pm

Well day 2 of the March meet comes and goes, following the 15 cars on Saturday some returned for a second day and we had an additional 7 paying customers on Sunday so overall 22 different cars over the weekend

Not a bad turnout for our first meet of the year with the unpredictable weather that March brings and thanks to all who came , and great to see Duncan

Jobs done today included solving electrical issues by cutting the K bus wire going to the Webasto heater , recovery and refit of a lost plenum tube, a T4 session and a few other checks

These days there are usually a few non 75s/ZTs in attendance and although we prefer 75s/ZTs please note that if your 75/ZT is not your daily runner you are still welcome to attend so please dont let that put you off

Richard bought his lovely 260 and Alex came in his recently acquired Rover Sterling the interior of which looks better than a 75, just look at those doorcards if you dont believe me

Looking forward to the next meet in May and better weather, hope to see many of you there.

My pictures from Sunday here : viewtopic.php?f=219&t=703

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

Postby Duncan » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:30 pm

Great photo's Rob. Even including my big red box (which is going soon).

Was also good to see we fixed a problem for the owners of a car. They talked to a few of us, and we all said 'kbus'. First answer from all of us was FBH, but were told it was disconnected. So we moved on to suspecting water in the light switch or immobilser. But in the end, the FBH had the power disconnected, but not the multiplug including kbus. Five second fix!

I like the new venue, though I wonder if we could do something to remove the top surface of moss and mud to make it more all weather friendly. Pretty sure there is a compacted hardcore underneath so it would take some time with shovels to fix. But maybe we could get a couple of meets for free in return?

Anyhow, looking forward to the next.
Duncan
Nano Crew

Postby Jobar » Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:01 am

Enjoyed first meet of the year. Thanks to Dave for repairing my vis motors. Would be grateful if anyone could recomend someone to replace cambelts on my Rover 75 V6.
Jobar

Postby jamie » Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:24 pm

Jobar wrote:Enjoyed first meet of the year. Thanks to Dave for repairing my vis motors. Would be grateful if anyone could recomend someone to replace cambelts on my Rover 75 V6.

Tom @ Force Tuning in Leominster, or Lates Coventry way. Both those will do a good job with the cambelts.
jamie

Postby Jobar » Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:30 pm

Thanks Jamie for your reply regarding cambelts. Regards John Packer (JoBar)
Jobar

Postby ARCTIC » Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:02 am

Jobar wrote:Enjoyed first meet of the year. Thanks to Dave for repairing my vis motors. Would be grateful if anyone could recomend someone to replace cambelts on my Rover 75 V6.[/quote
]

Hi John.
At least the bonnet will now stay up while the cam belts change is taken out :thumb: keep on asking us how to show you to do your own checks or repairs, hopefully you have felt the vis motors are doing there job now ;)
Willing to help.

You do the work. We supply the expertise

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Next

Return to Midlands Nano Meet Sat 18 & Sun 19 March 2023 at Kings Road Calf Heath WV10 7DU