Feedback from the meet

Please post your names here if attending the meet

Feedback from the meet

Postby Rob » Fri May 26, 2023 10:17 am

Record here any feedback from the meet, maybe a comment on the new venue, thanks to someone who helped you, or if you had work done on your car how did it go, or anything else you wish to mention
Nano Meets, " You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

Re: Feedback from the meet

Postby Martin 190 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:18 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome on our first Nano meet. Also thanks to Steve for the clean manifold. Nice to meet you all.
Martin 190

Postby daveo138 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:35 pm

Thanks to Duncan, who has helped me get one step closer to solving the mystery of my central locking.
daveo138

Postby Duncan » Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:41 pm

daveo138 wrote:Thanks to Duncan, who has helped me get one step closer to solving the mystery of my central locking.

You are welcome. We all learned something today which is good.

I've dug out a couple of the immobilser boxes. The first is no good as it already had the relay and 'that' resistor removed for a repair some years ago. But importantly the connector is intact so you can have a go at desoldering to fix your existing one. The second is, as far as I know, working.

I'll get them off to you soon, but I still need to dig out a short piece of wire with the right terminal on it.
Duncan
Nano Crew

Postby Rob » Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:00 am

Nice meet on Saturday, we had 14 cars and weather was glorious, nice to meet Martin and his wife attending for the first time and their 2 cars, one saloon and one tourer both in cimarron green and we also had Dave's tourer also in the same colour, jobs done included new fan and manifold fitted by Steve (Arctic) who continues to work tirelessly at our meets and Duncan sorted out an electrical issue, it was nice to catch up with everyone again and heres hoping we can boost our numbers a bit more going forward, my pictures from Saturday are on the pictures thread here viewtopic.php?f=223&t=712
Nano Meets, " You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

Postby sewerman » Sun Jun 11, 2023 6:53 pm

Sunday was a quiet one 6 cars in attendance, but 2 bumpers off , fixing bonnet gaps, gold resistors and plugged washer filters

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk
sewerman
Nano Crew

Postby Jobar » Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:17 am

Enjoyed Saturday meet, many thanks to Steve for replacing fan and tech info. I would also like to thank Martin for headlight units which were much appreciated.Looking forward to next meet and to replace shannon tube.
John Packer
Jobar

Postby Duncan » Mon Jun 12, 2023 12:18 pm

I started off looking at an electrical issue on my own car, which turned out to be water in the spare wheel well. Bad news!

Saying that, I'd had an ongoing leak for some years, that I only solved last year. So I wondered if the problem was due to this (I'd never had the time to go digging, I should have) or down to another leak I'd not spotted.

So dried it out at the Nano. Saturday evening we had only a tiny amount of rain (less than 0.5mm). But Sunday evening we had almost 12mm (which is just shy of 1/2") of rain. Glad to report it's still bone dry in there. Will keep monitoring.
Duncan
Nano Crew

Postby ARCTIC » Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:18 pm

Jobar wrote:Enjoyed Saturday meet, many thanks to Steve for replacing fan and tech info. I would also like to thank Martin for headlight units which were much appreciated.Looking forward to next meet and to replace shannon tube.
John Packer

Hi John.
Shannon tube should be with me by Thursday, took the fan apart yesterday, and i was correct the low speed brush had worn right down, also the medium brush, the high speed brushes were two thirds worn, so it would not have been long before even the high speed would have packed in, i managed to use the fan motor after cleaning it up to make up a diesel fan which has yet to be tested on my car and put through the T4 at all speeds, speak soon cheers :thumb:

PS Shannon tube came today Wednesday.
Image1

Image2
Willing to help.

You do the work. We supply the expertise

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Return to Midlands Nano Meet Sat 10 & Sun 11 June 2023 at Kings Road Calf Heath WV10 7DU