Please post your name here if attending the meet

Please post your names here if attending the meet

Re: Please post your name here if attending the meet

Postby daveo138 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:14 am

Duncan wrote:Planning for Saturday. Given the forecast for hot sun and what happened to the T4 at the last meet, don't think I'll be bringing that (not to mention my sunburn).

Sunday is Cosford airshow, so won't be there!

I see they’re now forecasting thundery showers.
daveo138

Postby jamie » Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:33 am

ARCTIC wrote:
Duncan wrote:Planning for Saturday. Given the forecast for hot sun and what happened to the T4 at the last meet, don't think I'll be bringing that (not to mention my sunburn).

Sunday is Cosford air show, so won't be there!

Hi Duncan.
Have i missed something, what happened to the T4 at the last meet, also got a little burnt at last meet ears peeling so will be bringing a fishing brolly with me this time, i think we need a quick pop up single tent, since the events tent is a work out in it's self fixing up, and the old two car big tent is no longer.

The sun reflecting on the screen made it really difficult to see.
jamie

Postby Duncan » Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:06 pm

jamie wrote:
ARCTIC wrote:

Sunday is Cosford air show, so won't be there!

Hi Duncan.
Have i missed something, what happened to the T4 at the last meet, also got a little burnt at last meet ears peeling so will be bringing a fishing brolly with me this time, i think we need a quick pop up single tent, since the events tent is a work out in it's self fixing up, and the old two car big tent is no longer.

The sun reflecting on the screen made it really difficult to see.

And I think the screen getting physically hot made it worse. Saturday afternoon the last couple of sessions were close to impossible. Sunday was better as I go it out of the sun while I had my lunch.

Forecast rain now seems to be from late afternoon, maybe we'll miss it altogether on Saturday?
Duncan
Nano Crew

Postby ARCTIC » Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:17 pm

Hi Duncan.

The sun reflecting on the screen made it really difficult to see.[/quote]
And I think the screen getting physically hot made it worse. Saturday afternoon the last couple of sessions were close to impossible. Sunday was better as I go it out of the sun while I had my lunch.

Forecast rain now seems to be from late afternoon, maybe we'll miss it altogether on Saturday?[/quote][/quote][/quote]

Hi Duncan.
I remember now, but i thought something like the screen crashed or broke because of the heat, definitely need a single push up tent if we think, we are going to keep going, but it's not looking promising really only 12 overall for the week end so far and as you say if the weather turns against us it could be less, lets hope the Nano is not dying, i have given it a push on the OC
Willing to help.

You do the work. We supply the expertise

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby sewerman » Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:26 pm

Is it worth using some of the funds to get a small pop up gazebo so people can get some shade?

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk
sewerman
Nano Crew

Postby Rob » Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:21 pm

I think we should have a rule that if a T4 is present than we have cover for it, but as we wont have one this weekend there is no panic. The events shelter which I have is a faf to put up, which was ok when about 6 of us turned up at the Ashes on a Friday night to do it but thats not possible at the new venue, but I do have an old pop up one which is in good order so could bring that to the next one.

The attendance is a bit disappointing and we were hoping to build the numbers back up but the last Nano was the first time that we have not managed to collect £100 rent (thats 20 cars) and not sure if our landlord will say something at some point if it continues

We will probably never get back to the old times when the field was buzzing and plenty of jobs got done, but we have had the long gap with no meets during covid, the permanent loss of our usual venue at the Four Ashes, and we now have the cost of living and very high fuel prices all contributing factors

I am moving to the opinion that we should continue but maybe have 1 day meets instead of the 2 day weekends and maybe not 6 per year as we dont get anyone camping like we used to and at this weekends Nano Meet we have 13 names down for Saturday and only 4 on Sunday.

The regular crew all have other lives and interests and weekends are precious so if we don't get a good turnout on both days and not many jobs get done then we may wish we had done something at home with the family instead.

If we have more of a social aspect at the meets where people turn up and just chat and look at each others cars with only a few jobs getting done then that is fine but we don't need 2 days to do that

I think we continue as we are in 2023 then review the year and maybe make some changes in 2024
Nano Meets, " You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

Postby Alex D » Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:05 pm

Sorry won’t be able to make this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Alex D

Postby squire » Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:59 pm

I thought the "landlords" were agreeable that if 20 cars come they get £100 but if only 10 come they only get £50, after all its only a bit of waste ground and I can't ever see it being needed for overflow parking so it's money for nothing IMHO at the end of the day!

Martyn :confused:
squire

Postby ARCTIC » Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:33 pm

squire wrote:I thought the "landlords" were agreeable that if 20 cars come they get £100 but if only 10 come they only get £50, after all its only a bit of waste ground and I can't ever see it being needed for overflow parking so it's money for nothing IMHO at the end of the day!

Martyn :confused:

Hi Martyn.
What i think Rob is trying to point out is that even though the owners have not said anything, it is best if we can keep the numbers up, you know the old saying use it or lose it.

We had hoped after the bad days of Covid etc that we would get back to some sort of level we used to have but sadly that is not working out, hopefully the £5 fee is not having to much a baring on the attendance figures as where else would you get the collective help to have your car looked at and get help to do a job what a garage would most likely charge you £50 just to have a look at before even doing anything, so i don't really believe the fee is putting off members or owners, it could be the fact that less cars are being kept so only the die hard owners keep the R40 now, maybe the dates are corresponding with other meets, bank holidays, father or mothers day, and so on, if so we need to be more aware of the dates we pick, and has Rob already mentioned maybe go for one day meets in the future if we survive, the only way that will happen is if more owner attend. :cheers:
Willing to help.

You do the work. We supply the expertise

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby squire » Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:45 am

Hi Steve,
You're 100% right in what you say and we don't want to "rock the boat" or "make waves", no pun intended lol, too much. Like all classic cars the ones that are on the road are being maintained well, hopefully, regarding R40, the numbers will naturally decline and those that remain will have had most of the jobs done that were normally done at the Nano, with a few exceptions of course. Clashes with other events, holiday etc are inevitable but some may be avoided with a bit of forward planning possibly. The fact is, as I see it, the heady days of the old Nano meets have sadly gone, I'd love to be proved wrong of course.
Although I no longer have a R40 I still have a "fondness" of them and will continue to support the Nano meets and social night when I can, like you say though, we all have other interests or commitments too, I have a Morris Minor event on Sunday, otherwise I would most likely have been there as well.
A "use it or lose" campaign is needed especially on the "Forum", it can't hurt. Long live the Nano meets, but they need help.

Martyn :cheers:
squire

PreviousNext

Return to Midlands Nano Meet Sat 10 & Sun 11 June 2023 at Kings Road Calf Heath WV10 7DU