Feedback from the meet

Please post your names here if aattending the meet

Feedback from the meet

Postby Rob » Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:38 am

Record here any feedback from the meet, maybe a comment on the venue, thanks to someone who helped you, or if you had work done on your car how did it go, or anything else you wish to mention
Nano Meets, " You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

Re: Feedback from the meet

Postby Duncan » Sat Jul 29, 2023 7:10 pm

Good day today. Some new faces, some from the beginning of Nanos.

Weather was mostly kind, tiny amounts of rain.

See yout tomorrow!
Duncan
Nano Crew

Postby Rob » Sat Jul 29, 2023 7:39 pm

Yes agree with Duncan there was a good feel about todays meet we had 18 cars and will be some more tomorrow, weather was kind with just a few showers and more activity in terms of jobs done than in recent meets, T4 was in operation, new wing fitted, bonnet release fixed, good to catch up with old and new members and as always big thanks to all those who travelled a distance to get to the meet, my pictures from Saturday are here taken on my mobile phone viewtopic.php?f=226&t=719
Nano Meets, " You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

Postby Mike2000 » Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:55 pm

Thanks to everyone who helped with advise and hands on assistance in swapping over my wing. The car looks so much better now.
Mike2000

Postby Duncan » Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:37 pm

Another good, if quieter day today. I think the serious looking rain setting in mid afternoon drove us all to leave before 3.

Once again, some good team investigations. Bizzare one with a non-working parking sensor. Owner had been told it must be the ECU given that the diagnostics couldn't communicate. ECU replaced by owner but no change, and when Jamie checked, still unable to communicate with the replacement ECU. Checked supplies, and the ignition feed to the ECU was missing. Checked the fuse, and that was gone. Not as in blown, but gone as not even there.

Replacing the fuse and T4 would now communicate and showed the sensors were working fine, and everything was coded up right. No beeps though.

Borrowed an ECU of someone else (I would have voulunteered but on a tourer its hours of work to get to the ECU) and it worked fine. So clearly some fault with the ECU the owner had. So good info for the owner and he's going to try his original ECU again. Hopefully it will be a simple plug and go.

Also enjoyed speaking to other owners, and some people who had never bee to a Nano before. And talking about the very widest range of things. Life experiences and so on.
Duncan
Nano Crew

Postby ARCTIC » Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:24 pm

As above good weekend with a nice steady flow of jobs undertaken, from wing replacement, parking sensor problems solved, rear tourer cover which was stuck through to simple remedies like just changing out header tank caps which the O-ring had gone flat, intercooler O-rings replaced, plenum's checked, fans tested and in need of gold resistors which will be undertaken at the next meet, plans already afoot.

Bonnet cable fixed and hopefully will keep working, i'm sure Bernard will let us know if it's not, 3 T4 on site which were ready to go for fault finding if needed, but thank you to all those who attended it is appreciated and gives us good hope yo keep going with these incredible meets, next one is Sat & Sun 9/10 Sept, once again lets try and keep the number up, most likely one of the best meets of the year in my opinion because you can get your car ready for the Autumn & winter ahead.

Cheers Guys see you soon.
https://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/meets_2014.html
Willing to help.

You do the work. We supply the expertise

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby Gren 24 » Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:48 pm

I for one enjoyed the meet on Saturday meeting old and new friends. Fingers crossed I should be there for the next one. Thanks to all that organize these great meets and to those that attened. making the meets what they are.
cheers Les
Gren 24

Postby CJ28 » Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:05 pm

Hi,

Just wanted to thank everyone for Sunday and nice to meet other owners.

Was good to talk to and get advice about car and had a couple of bits sorted and looked at, with a view to a couple more bits at the next meet, which I hope to get to.

My uncle also says thanks for his car, sensors. Also looking to come to the next meet.
CJ28

Postby ARCTIC » Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:59 am

CJ28 wrote:Hi,

Just wanted to thank everyone for Sunday and nice to meet other owners.

Was good to talk to and get advice about car and had a couple of bits sorted and looked at, with a view to a couple more bits at the next meet, which I hope to get to.

My uncle also says thanks for his car, sensors. Also looking to come to the next meet.

Hi James.
Nice to meet you and your uncle, tell him i have already sorted out the gold resistor for his fan so that can be dealt with at the next meet, bought some new hacksaw blades to deal with your drop links this time round, i will drop you the link for the intercooler hose you need to get to replace the swollen one you have, so yes hope to see you both at the next meet :thumb:
Willing to help.

You do the work. We supply the expertise

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby Bernard » Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:40 pm

Thanks to Steve and Scott for getting my bonnet opening sorted. Hopefully it will be permanent!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Bernard
Nano Crew

Next

Return to Midlands Nano Meet Sat 29 & Sun 30 July 2023 at Kings Road Calf Heath WV10 7DU