Feedback from the meet

Please post yourr names on here if attending the meet

Feedback from the meet

Postby Rob » Wed Aug 09, 2023 12:08 am

Record here any feedback from the meet, maybe a comment on the venue, thanks to someone who helped you, or if you had work done on your car how did it go, or anything else you wish to mention
Nano Meets, " You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

Re: Feedback from the meet

Postby ARCTIC » Sat Sep 09, 2023 9:59 pm

Saturday turned out to be a very hot one, i parked under the trees for some shade which did make a difference maybe by 10c, a total of 11 cars made it in the end so not to bad considering how hot it was, a couple of new faces which is always good Vince, then Ian whom came from Edinburgh, couple of gold resistors sorted out, same for handbrakes, intercooler single hose cut into two to fit the facelift type with incorporated turbo boost sensor.

Andy dropped in with Quincy and unloaded a few boxes of items which people had a rummage through, and took some bits and bobs home with them, including myself, so thank's Andy, decent chatting and some good banter was had by all, we all congregated under the trees in the end has it was the coolest place to be in the open field.

Sunday is also going to be an hot one, and once again a bug thank you too all those that turned up, i know i may keep going on a little about use it or lose it, but the only way we will keep going is if we all muck in and attend as much as possible. :thumb:
Willing to help.

You do the work. We supply the expertise

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby AndyN01 » Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:13 am

Hi all.

Great to see everyone and meet a couple of new folks.

And yes, it was really hot so Quizzie & I didn't stay too long - although she found her way into the river on a few occasions :clap:

The freebies are pretty much the last of my "collection" of 75 bits and pieces and I'm very happy that they'll be used to help others with the upkeep of their cars.

There's a few "bigger" items I couldn't fit in such as a diesel undertray (sorry Rob it was still on the car when you wanted one), a tourer boot load plastic liner; a set of 5 15" Comet wheels and a pair of deep sea green leather/electric front seats with a deep sea green carpet. They'll need collecting. And finally my XTRONS android head unit. They won't be freebies but if anyone would like anything please get in touch.

All the very best folks.

Andy.
AndyN01

Postby dattrike » Sun Sep 10, 2023 12:56 pm

Glad it all went well, sadly I was on call this weekend but went down with covid on Thursday last, so no on call or Nano for me.
dattrike

Postby sewerman » Sun Sep 10, 2023 5:06 pm

Well I missed Andys auto jumble give away yesterday, but 8 cars today.

Lots of fun and games with Daves seats , got the old ones out in 10 mins , fitting the new back seat took a little longer .... but got it fitted ish thanks to Artics' help.

1st job on the list for next nano is fix Daves seats properly !

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk
sewerman
Nano Crew

Postby ARCTIC » Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:17 pm

sewerman wrote:Well I missed Andys auto jumble give away yesterday, but 8 cars today.

Lots of fun and games with Daves seats , got the old ones out in 10 mins , fitting the new back seat took a little longer .... but got it fitted ish thanks to Artics' help.

1st job on the list for next nano is fix Daves seats properly !

Hi Scott.
No need to thank me, the thanks must all go to you for working on the seats in such sweltering humidity, it was like a green house in that car, and i know you have the war wounds to prove it on your shins hands & arms :hail: it was also a bit of a laugh when we all thought great we have them out new ones down again after being stuck only to find the back was pushed back up so we where back at the start :help:

Dave gave me a ring left me message on the phone, overjoyed when he got back home and decided to put the car into his garage, before he did he pressed the button and the seats folded down, i thought i know what he's forgot he took the hooks off before he left so the seat would not stick again until the next meet, rang him back felt cruel when i burst his overjoyed bubble, but we had a great laugh about it good sport Dave is, it will be cooler in October hopefully but not to cold.

Once again big thank you for owners turning got a few little jobs sorted again extra 5 cars from Saturday so total of 10 at the meet today, lest try and keep it going we don't wont to lose these meets, all the best and see you in October all being well Arctic.
Willing to help.

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby Rob » Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:52 am

Really sorry I didn’t make the meet I was only ever going to be there on Sunday but had back problems after lifting something , I knew I should have gone on that manual handling training !

Anyway thanks to the crew and all those who turned up , a couple of things to feedback for future reference which we would appreciate your compliance with are:

We cannot put any old unwanted car bits in the bins there by order of the landlord as it doesn’t fit in with their recycling so please take any items back and dispose of them yourselves

If you bring bits to give away that’s really good of you but you will need to take back any items not taken as even if you don’t want them and can’t give them away we cannot put them in the bins (as stated above)

Please use the toilets provided at the top of the drive , as whilst it might be tempting to use the bushes in the bottom corner by the steps , there are cameras and it has been spotted.

We would be grateful if you would take note of the above as we want to continue using the venue and obviously want to keep the landlord on board and to do that need to comply with their rules

Thanks
Nano Meets, " You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

Postby FrattonEnder » Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:41 am

Big thanks to Arctic for sorting out my handbrake. Grips like a limpet now. If that doesn't pass the MoT, then nothing will!
Good time had catching up and hopefully I'll be there for the October meet.
FrattonEnder

Postby Duncan » Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:10 pm

Glad to hear it went well.
Duncan
Nano Crew

Postby ARCTIC » Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:15 am

Duncan wrote:Glad to hear it went well.

Hi Duncan.
Went as well as it could do considering is was sweltering hot, and so humid, i think we were all gone by 14.00pm on the Sunday, Saturday stretched out until 16.30pm maybe, the October meet is not that far off already 3 weeks away, time is certainly flying when you are enjoying yourself :cheers:
Willing to help.

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Return to Midlands Nano Meet Sat 9th & Sunday 10th Sept 2023 at Kings Road Calf Heath WV10 7DU