Midlands Nano Meet Finances

Small voluntary contributions requested

Midlands Nano Meet Finances

Postby Rob » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:39 am

The Nano crew have agreed to introduce this idea which originally came from Martyn. We will see how it goes and review after a few meets.

The Nano meets are still free to attend, all help and advice is free, as are the T4 diagnostic sessions, and our ethos hasnt changed, so why do we need any voluntary financial
contributions ?

The Nano Meet Crew give up their time, skills and equipment all with the aim of educating owners about the cars so we can keep them on the road, but the crew do incur some incidental expenses and we also have an events shelter paid for with kind donations of members who attend our meets and have had to replace several poles when the strong wind got the better of it at one of our meets so some of the money was used to replace them at the time.

The contribution will be entirely voluntary and you can give or not as you see fit but we are only looking for minor contributions of say £1 which if most people give over the course of the weekend should be enough to cover any incidental expenses. If there is any surplus it will be kept and used in case say as above the event shelter poles needing replacement, or maybe there is a piece of equipment which could be bought which may benefit the Nano Meets.

The Nano Crew have not asked for this but most people agree it is a sensible idea so a collection tin will be kept in the T4 area with a note asking for voluntary contributions, give or not it's entirely your choice
Nano Meets, " You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

Re: Do you wish to make a voluntary contribution ?

Postby squire » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:27 pm

Glad to see that this idea has been given a trial, as said I feel that most be would not begrudge giving a £1 or even 50pence.
Martyn :cheers:
squire

Postby kitts » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:05 pm

A very good idea! I know I asked to contribute before at one, but it wasn't in place then. I just hope I don't have any more disasters which stop me coming. It's been six months of hell and counting...

I am not having a T4 this time, so do remind me where the tin is ;)
kitts

Postby Steve-45 » Mon May 01, 2017 11:26 am

Agreed, this is a good idea. No one should be "out of pocket" for all the valuable help they provide.

Any surplus could go towards the purchase of any special tools that would help the community as a whole .
Steve-45

Postby stevenicks » Thu May 11, 2017 7:35 am

Excellent idea, we'll be putting a few quid in.
stevenicks

Postby Gold MGF Gaz » Sat May 13, 2017 8:19 pm

Hi,

I'll donate after payday if thats OK?? Thanks for today, it was a great day out, very long day but worth it, I'll be back for more (As Kevin has my Ultimate Remote to finish for a start)

Regards

Gary
Gold MGF Gaz

Postby ARCTIC » Mon May 15, 2017 10:31 am

May the 13th & 14th is/was the first time we have put out a voluntary contribution box, this is to help with any unforeseen or incidental expenses this as been explained on the first post, I would like to say thank you to all those whom donated over the weekend meet it is most appreciated, hopefully you all enjoyed the meet and we will see you at the next one :thumb: Arctic
Willing to help.

You do the work. We supply the expertise

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby Rob » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:53 am

The total amount in the voluntary contribution box after the May meet was £40.07p, so many thanks to all those who contributed.

The box will be placed in the T4 area again for the June meet and contributions can be made accordingly but please remember that it is voluntary, will be used for incidental expenses, and there is no minimum amount
Nano Meets, " You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

Postby mason » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:01 pm

Great idea and I will certainly make a willing donation at the next meet
Should have done this ages ago in my humble opinion
mason

Postby Timbo.p6 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:38 pm

Dont see the problem in a donation of £1 ish ,its not a lot and if it helps, :)
Timbo.p6

Next

Return to Contributions to Nano Meet incidental expenses - Financial Report and Updates