Supporting the Four Ashes - ideas please

Please post your thoughts and opinions here

Re: Supporting the Four Ashes - ideas please

Postby Rob » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:35 am

derek v wrote:It was not a surprise that Yvette is leaving.The pub is only full on a Saturday night even though its a great little pub. I will still go there on the weekends that's if its open. I can let Steve or Rob know when a new landlord is it because i pass the place every week night. you will find in time that the pub closes down and turns in to a supermarket. But for now fingers crossed the Rover 75 club get the field next year.

That's always been a possibility Derek, its owned by a company called NewRiver who have bought up many pubs and already converted some to Co-ops, one of the previous managers told us that that they couldn't convert the Ashes as its a listed building but took that with a pinch of salt as previous managers have told us all sorts.

Its currently on their website if you fancy taking it on looks like they have dropped the rent from £20k which it was last time.

Nano Meets, " You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

Postby sewerman » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:25 am

If they drop the rent enough we could use the nano funds to rent it...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
sewerman
Nano Crew

Postby squire » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:37 am

I note in the write up on New River they do mention the bikes meet there and that car rallies are held there, at least potential tenants should be aware of this. It's a bit of a small start but it's something. :confused: :cheers: . Hopefully Derek can keep us informed when new tenants are in as he's the closest I think.
squire

Postby squire » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:40 am

sewerman wrote:If they drop the rent enough we could use the nano funds to rent it...

:agree: :lol: :stir:
squire

Postby ARCTIC » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:01 pm

A little update with regards to the Four Ashes, I travelled there today the pub is closed up with a sign on the door from Yvette saying closed for a couple of weeks please cintact me at the Rainbow Coven.

Therefore I drove to the Rainbow to speak to Yvette when I arrived she was in a meeting with someone, I waited for the meeting to finish, then had my chance to talk to Yvette about the FA and she as confirmed 100% that she is no longer running it, she said she was going to ring me or Rob to let us know that she as passed on our details to the area manager.

As I had took with me a sheet with our 2019 dates on she said that she will pass it on to the area manager, and ask him to either give me or Rob a call about our dates for 2019, she could not pass on the dates before as she had not got them.

I will try and keep track of what's going on over the next few weeks and months with regards to whom maybe taking it over, once I do I will once again produce them with a sheet for our 2019 dates, at least we know that the area manager knows about us and seems to be on board from what Yvette said to me. :cheers:
Willing to help.

You do the work. We supply the expertise

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby sewerman » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:24 pm

Thanks for the update Steve nice to know that the brewery haven't forgotten us [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

We have the next social in a couple weeks on the 20th shall we wait and see if new owners are in , or relocate or cancel as attendance has been low recently

sewerman
Nano Crew

Postby ARCTIC » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:42 pm

sewerman wrote:Thanks for the update Steve nice to know that the brewery haven't forgotten us [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

We have the next social in a couple weeks on the 20th shall we wait and see if new owners are in , or relocate or cancel as attendance has been low recently

Hi Scott.
I would say it is best to hold fire on the social meets until we know whom if anyone as taken the FA over by then, if a new manager comes forward that would be a good time to turn up in force if we could ;) but if you and a few of the others did want to meet up in the mean time you could always use the pub just before the FA on the opposite side of the A449 or the spread eagle on gailey island, personally I will be waiting :cheers: Arctic.
Willing to help.

You do the work. We supply the expertise

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby sewerman » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:35 pm

I agree Steve if there's no new owners in sight call it off and if they're in place by December go for a good turn out to welcome them

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk
sewerman
Nano Crew

Postby Jürgen » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:43 pm

ARCTIC wrote:I will try and keep track of what's going on over the next few weeks and months

Thank you for all your efforts to keep the Nano Meets up, Steve. :thumb:
Jürgen
Nano Crew

Postby Rob » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:22 pm

Thanks for the update Steve, it will be interesting to see what the area manager does next which will hopefully be support us as the pub has had enough problems in recent years without turning us away.

I do wonder however if in the past managers have given us the ok without the brewery knowing too much as it gave them the chance to maybe make a small amount on the side with breakfasts etc ( and I mean small ! )

Once it starts getting official they can look at charging us or asking for our 3rd party liability etc etc but we will wait and see. (that's how we lost our other venue at Teddybears )

Nothing much else could have been done anyway so we must keep our fingers crossed and pounce as soon as a new manager gets in there.

Trouble is with so many changes in recent years which has driven people away it will be very difficult to turn round now and will the brewery give up at some point - hope not !

Nano Meets, " You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Support for the Four Ashes