Supporting the Four Ashes - ideas please

Please post your thoughts and opinions here

Re: Supporting the Four Ashes - ideas please

Postby squire » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:44 am

ARCTIC wrote:
sewerman wrote:Thanks for the update Steve nice to know that the brewery haven't forgotten us [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

We have the next social in a couple weeks on the 20th shall we wait and see if new owners are in , or relocate or cancel as attendance has been low recently

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hi Scott.
I would say it is best to hold fire on the social meets until we know whom if anyone as taken the FA over by then, if a new manager comes forward that would be a good time to turn up in force if we could ;) but if you and a few of the others did want to meet up in the mean time you could always use the pub just before the FA on the opposite side of the A449 or the spread eagle on gailey island, personally I will be waiting :cheers: Arctic.

As others have said, many thanks to Steve for the updates. I've posted on the social nights thread here that if anyone is interested meet at the Harrows pub by the lights on the 449. The December social night is the the 18th, a week before Xmas so possibly not a good time, folks need to know to save wasted journeys. Would it be best to cancel social nights until further notice :confused: .
Personally I don't mind going to the Harrows this month but the Dec one is a bit too close to Xmas imho.

Martyn
squire

Postby Rob » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:55 pm

I won't make the November social given that I am 50 miles away but I am up that way during the day at least once a week so if and when it's took over I'll pop in and report back on here
Nano Meets, " You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

Postby sewerman » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:17 pm

Personally I'd not bother next week with a social and look at the December one if a new manager is place
sewerman
Nano Crew

Postby Rob » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:50 pm

sewerman wrote:Personally I'd not bother next week with a social and look at the December one if a new manager is place

I think that's the best option Scott, I will make the December one if it goes ahead and we can always look at changing the date if more can make it

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

Postby ARCTIC » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:06 am

This is a quick update on the Four Ashes, it is still closed and I really doubt anyone will try and take it on now before Christmas, it is not looking good this time round, and we may have to start to think of another venue by the end of January mid February, any later than that and the Nano meets could well be in trouble for putting on in March.

It looks like this is in fact true to the saying ( USE IT OR LOSE IT )

I will keep going down over the next few weeks to see if there is any sign of anyone moving in :( Arctic
Willing to help.

You do the work. We supply the expertise

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby Mick » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:50 pm

Is there any chance of contacting the actual owners of the property and doing a deal on hiring just the field? Thus bypassing any manager that may or may not take over the running of the pub.
Even if in the long term they are intent on closing it down, they may allow us, as very long time and reliable users, to use the space while they make decisions. The only drawback I can see is the need for toilet facilities. Perhaps hiring a Portaloo might be an answer to that one.

just a few thoughts, not wanting to cause any problems.
Mick

Postby Rob » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:24 pm

The big " To Let" sign has gone from outside the Ashes and lights on tonight so looking more promising, will pop in over next few days and report back

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

Postby Devilish » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:37 am

If whoever has moved in, plans to re open it, they will be gone before the spring, so may as well just wait for the next one. Don't mind popping in with you Rob, or meeting you there, but if I get a cup of piss, the only other time I will go through the door is to deposit some piss.
Devilish
Nano Crew

Postby ARCTIC » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:08 am

Rob wrote:The big " To Let" sign has gone from outside the Ashes and lights on tonight so looking more promising, will pop in over next few days and report back

Rob
What a difference 9hrs can make from when I posted to your announcement, we may have a chance then but as Mr PG :tea: taster said if they can not make it pay over the festive period, than a new manager could be moving in by March, at least there is movement going on that gives us hope :thumb:
Willing to help.

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby ARCTIC » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:41 am

I had another drive to the FA yesterday no one around and doors closed at 13.15 pm, will try again over the weekend to see if theirs is life there. :cheers:
Willing to help.

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Support for the Four Ashes