Supporting the Four Ashes - ideas please

Please post your thoughts and opinions here

Re: Supporting the Four Ashes - ideas please

Postby NewGuyPete » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:46 pm

Hi Guys

" Happy New Year " to all.

Just been looking at your idea of "The Bradford Arms", looks a very good spot for our venues. I am very much in favour of using the field & Pub ( no sign of Pikies ).
Rob, when you meet up with the Staff, can you mention about camping from Friday afternoon onwards? Have also Googled the Pub and have noticed there is also a BP Station and Spar shop next door.
NewGuyPete

Postby Duncan » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:00 pm

Another advantage, no people deliberately kicking footballs at the cars. It might be worth checking about things like having a bonfire for the social bit in the evening for example. Are there any houses nearby? There doesn't seem to be. I was surprised that we never got complaints at Four Ashes from nearby houses when we were noisy in the evenings.
Duncan
Nano Crew

Postby ARCTIC » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:11 am

The Bradford arms looks a good venue, Steve told me about it a few weeks back when he was at mine, and sent me photo's of it, have they been approached yet at all if not are we going to arrange a meet so we can go and see them to ask, if so I will hold back a while on the Mill Ride caper, and go see them if the Bradford arms is not forthcoming.

As already stated time is flying by we are 2 weeks into 2019 now how fast as that gone, fingers crossed lets forge ahead cheers Arctic :thumb:
Willing to help.

You do the work. We supply the expertise

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby Jürgen » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:16 pm

The Bradford Arms looks like a very good option. Most of the reviews on Google are positive and it's not far from the old venue.
Let's see what the result of Rob's talk with the management will be. Hopefully the search for a new venue will be over soon.

But nevertheless, first we need a volunteer who is willing to take the incalculable risk of testing the meals ... :mrgreen: :getmecoat:
Jürgen
Nano Crew

Postby Rob » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:38 pm

Your welcome to be the meal tester Jürgen not too far from you the way the crow flies!
I may well sample the food whilst I am there.
Been past the Ashes today field is padlocked off but smoke coming from outlet on wall, no sign of life inside and no cars on car park so probably left on a timer during the cold weather, either that or there's a new Pope!

Nano Meets, " You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

Postby derek v » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:48 pm

Hi Rob , no that smoke has been coming out of the kitchen and the flue up on the second floor since Yvette left.
They sure are big padlocks tho.
derek v

Postby Rob » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:30 pm

I did wonder if the padlock was put on because of my letter to the brewery asking if we can use the field and that's the only answer I am getting !
Nano Meets, " You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

Postby derek v » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:21 pm

Rob wrote:I did wonder if the padlock was put on because of my letter to the brewery asking if we can use the field and that's the only answer I am getting !

I would say that's your answer then Rob. Onward and upwards with the Bradford arms. I'm racking my brains to think of other places at the moment in this area.
derek v

Postby ARCTIC » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:37 pm

Hi Rob.
Do you know when you/we are going to approach the manager of the Bradford arms, how about if we held a social night there next week or week after, that way we could sample the food, and if a few turn up maybe help with an answer, only a suggestion if you have it organised already then please ignore :cheers:
Willing to help.

You do the work. We supply the expertise

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby squire » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:23 am

ARCTIC wrote:Hi Rob.
Do you know when you/we are going to approach the manager of the Bradford arms, how about if we held a social night there next week or week after, that way we could sample the food, and if a few turn up maybe help with an answer, only a suggestion if you have it organised already then please ignore :cheers:

Good idea Steve, :clap:, I should be about.

Martyn :cheers:
squire

PreviousNext

Return to Support for the Four Ashes