List your jobs to be done/offers of help at March meet here

Please post here if you are attending the meet

List your jobs to be done/offers of help at March meet here

Postby Rob » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:58 pm

Please record below any jobs you intend to tackle at the Nano Meet, and if you are attending and available to help any fellow owners please also post your offer on here so you can link up at the meet.

T4 is usually present both days (to be confirmed for free diagnostics checks - please read the T4 dislaimer thread: viewtopic.php?f=65&t=214
Nano Meets, " You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

Re: List your jobs to be done/offers of help at March meet h

Postby chris65 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:46 pm

Would like to know more about this FBH,have I got it?,do I need it?,never had a diesel before and the v6 is still off the road for now,also anyone know how big a job changing to powerfolds is please,As usual happy to help and the kettles always on.
chris65

Postby Mick » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:50 pm

Any chance of the headlight refurb at this meet? I'm hoping that the MkI doesn't require the bumper removing, seems to be plenty of room around them.

Thanks.
Mick

Postby jamie » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:07 pm

chris65 wrote:Would like to know more about this FBH,have I got it?,do I need it?,never had a diesel before and the v6 is still off the road for now,also anyone know how big a job changing to powerfolds is please,As usual happy to help and the kettles always on.

For the powerfolds have you got the door looms, mirrors and switch pack? :). If you do it's a door off job, not difficult just time consuming and you need someone with small hands to unplug everything in the door!
jamie

Postby chris65 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:20 pm

Hi Jamie,for the powerfolds,that'll be no no and no as yet,Pam has small hands,she can unplug everything should I manage to source the bits lol.
chris65

Postby Rob » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:07 pm

Chris, myself and Steve Devilish have spent well over 12 months looking at FBHs as a project so can advise you and we also have some that we have refurbed if you decide you need one, you can also switch them on with a remote from the comfort of your house so the car is defrosted and cabin warm when you get in. Its one of the best mods I have done to my diesel without doubt.

We have fit many powerfold mirrors at Nano meets and most cars do have the loom from door to door, we can fit them if you source the mirrors and switchpack.

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

Postby chris65 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:30 pm

Hi Rob,would be very interested in fitting fbh especially with remote and start looking into switch pack and disappointing grey mirrors.
chris65

Postby ARCTIC » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:04 am

chris65 wrote:Hi Rob,would be very interested in fitting fbh especially with remote and start looking into switch pack and disappointing grey mirrors.

Hi Chris.
You should already have the FBH on your car, because I remember fitting an FBH to one of Andy's cars, have a look by the battery in front of it you should see one of these below if you have one.
Image1

If not there will just be a bracket.
Image2
Willing to help.

You do the work. We supply the expertise

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby kitts » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:50 pm

I have just got a set of projectors for the ZT (assuming they make it in one piece through transit) If the weather is ok might have a go at fitting them with a bit of help with the bumper, if not, no hurry! A T4 check might be nice if present, but again no hurry as everything seems ok, I know there will be errors to delete though because of the naff battery incident lol!

The one thing I'd really like to do if someone is present with a trolley jack (and the weather is kind) is get some tyre protectors on. I only have a standard jack at home and don't feel confident with that, and for protectors my ramps are no good. So, nothing major! Oooh, remind me to snag a spyhole whilst attending too! :) I've already done the bonnet cable and fitted a plenum guard, so halfway there. :)

Dawn :)
kitts

Postby Rob » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:26 pm

Chris we can fit an FBH and remote at the meet if you wish but just confirm that you dont already have one as in Steve's post above, if you have one we can test that first as it may be working and just add a remote

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

Next

Return to Midlands Nano Meet Saturday 16th & Sunday 17th March 2019