Supporting the Four Ashes - ideas please

Please post your thoughts and opinions here

Re: Supporting the Four Ashes - ideas please

Postby derek v » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:34 am

Key for the gate sorted today (Sunday) just got to sort witch key fits witch lock. Shaz the barmaid is sorting it for us. Meals are in the pub from the first of March so i will let you know what to expect. My local is looking up so far.
derek v

Postby Rob » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:17 pm

thanks for the update from our roving reporter live from the scene
Nano Meets, " You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

Postby derek v » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:36 am

Hi Guys slight problem from the Four Ashes today. They have a massive big bunch of keys when they taken over the pub. Yes you guessed it there is none for the new locks on our field or the football field. When Doug opened the pub he had the keys for the pub and any other keys were in the pub. Sharon said not a problem just lift the gate off. Now there is the problem you can't lift the gate. The pegs holding the gate are not in the same direction. One goes up one goes down. I went back to see Sharon after i looked. She said can we cut the lock off or the chain. Don't think we should go down that route it's breaking and entering. I asked if she will contact Doug and maybe call the brewery.

If he doesn't want to do that I did say i would be willing to cut a link out the chain and add another lock. I will know more next weekend. Dek
derek v

Postby sewerman » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:14 am

Derek

If I remember right those big chunky locks and chains went on after the Ashes shut so probably put on by the brewery.

Doesn't really matter as Doug will want his own locks on anyway I would have thought, so now he knows it can be sorted 3 weeks to go [WHITE SMILING FACE]

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk
sewerman
Nano Crew

Postby derek v » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:31 pm

That's right the locks did go on a couple of days after Rob emailed the brewery. Even though the pub had been closed for months before.
Fingers crossed it's sorted in time. If not I know the gate the side of the shower changing room can be lifted off.
derek v

Postby derek v » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:21 pm

:Up Date:
Been in the Four ashes today for a couple of pints. No sooner i walked in the door Sharon said I want a word with you. Turns out the gaffer has said he is putting staff on Saturday and Sunday mornings to do breakfasts. Plus up to yet there is no lock for the key for the gate. Sharon has my number and is going to call me in the week if she wants me to cut it off.
Could we have a list up for Breakfasts. Its the first meet under this new gaffer..
derek v

Postby Rob » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:10 pm

Thanks for the updates Derek, we have cut a lock of that gate before, don't see it as an issue if they are asking us to do it.

Re breakfasts that's good news but not sure what response there will be now as some people with their names down to come may not revisit the site again so as afar as organising it as we used to that will be difficult for the 1st meet, can you find out how much it will cost, is it full English, how much is the tea/coffee etc and we can spread the word as much as we can but on this occasion it will come down to demand on the day rather than knowing how many we are going to have in advance I reckon, if the pub are happy with that we will get some takers just not sure how many ?
Nano Meets, " You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

Postby derek v » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:52 am

Rob, Sharon just dropped it on me when i walked in. I'm not in there now till Friday as i work nights in the week.
derek v

Postby derek v » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:54 pm

Hi, This is Charlotte (Derek daughter).

Dad at work at the moment he asked me to post this, could rob or Steven please give him a ring at work he had a phone call from Sharon at the Four Ashes dad should answer if not he call back within the hour his number is (number removed)

Thank Charlotte
derek v

Postby Mischief » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:14 pm

derek v wrote:Hi, This is Charlotte (Derek daughter).

Dad at work at the moment he asked me to post this, could rob or Steven please give him a ring at work he had a phone call from Sharon at the Four Ashes dad should answer if not he call back within the hour his number is (number removed)

Thank Charlotte

I have forwarded the number on to Rob then removed it, as it's a public forum it is advised not to post personal details 8-)
The opportunity for doing mischief is found a hundred times a day, and of doing good once in a year.
Mischief

Previous

Return to Support for the Four Ashes