List jobs to be done/offers of help at June Nano Meet here

Please post here if you are attending the meet

Re: List jobs to be done/offers of help at June Nano Meet he

Postby ARCTIC » Thu May 30, 2019 1:25 am

shaddow wrote:headlamp polish if possible, if not too busy. may need help with bumper removal though.
will help anyone if i can just shout

Hi Paul.
We will soon have the bumper off and your lights, unless Andy is going to do them while still attached to the car ;) I will also remember the arm rest which I promised you :thumb:
Willing to help.

You do the work. We supply the expertise

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby Animal » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:44 pm

ARCTIC wrote:
Steve1304 wrote:Here's my list but any off the list would be great as it's my long term list.

Headlights, hydromount,srs light,intercooler pipe,got a new bonnet to fit and my rear blind.

Looking forward to catching up with everyone

Hi Steve.
I am sure you will get a few of those done, rear blind try and get hold of John ( Mischief ) bonnet you will need at least four of you and takes about 30 minutes, intercooler pipe we already know will need cutting a good hack saw with a new blade is required, Andy for your head light cleaning so bumper off asap, hydramount is a maybe special tol required also engine as to be jacked up a few engine supports removed, srs is maybe a wire T4 will pin point :thumb:

Steve
the bonnet is a two man 10 minute job :getmecoat:

don't forget

THE RULE OF TOM :mallet:
Animal

Postby sewerman » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:07 pm

Animal wrote:
ARCTIC wrote:
Steve1304 wrote:Here's my list but any off the list would be great as it's my long term list.

Headlights, hydromount,srs light,intercooler pipe,got a new bonnet to fit and my rear blind.

Looking forward to catching up with everyone

Hi Steve.
I am sure you will get a few of those done, rear blind try and get hold of John ( Mischief ) bonnet you will need at least four of you and takes about 30 minutes, intercooler pipe we already know will need cutting a good hack saw with a new blade is required, Andy for your head light cleaning so bumper off asap, hydramount is a maybe special tol required also engine as to be jacked up a few engine supports removed, srs is maybe a wire T4 will pin point :thumb:

Steve
the bonnet is a two man 10 minute job :getmecoat:

don't forget

THE RULE OF TOM :mallet:
This may have been mentioned before ... lets pray for sun this time .

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
sewerman
Nano Crew

Postby Bogbrush82 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:31 pm

Could I ask for another favour?

Any chance somebody could wire up my replacement diagnostic socket while I sort out the fan? Also Bones needs its gearbox adjusting.

Ta. :)

Animal wrote:the bonnet is a two man 10 minute job :getmecoat:

Hmm. Where have I heard that before? :lol:
Bogbrush82

Postby jamie » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:28 pm

Bogbrush82 wrote:Could I ask for another favour?

Any chance somebody could wire up my replacement diagnostic socket while I sort out the fan? Also Bones needs its gearbox adjusting.

Is the socket on the one with the corroded wiring? If it is a lot is going to have to come out to find good cable :-O. We (me and John) wen't back about a foot and it was still all green :(
jamie

Postby ARCTIC » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:13 pm

jamie wrote:

Is the socket on the one with the corroded wiring? If it is a lot is going to have to come out to find good cable :-O. We (me and John) wen't back about a foot and it was still all green :(

Jamie.
Could the wiring be picked up by pulling forward the dash in the right hand corner ? or behind the LSM ?
Willing to help.

You do the work. We supply the expertise

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby jamie » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:15 am

ARCTIC wrote:
jamie wrote:

Jamie.
Could the wiring be picked up by pulling forward the dash in the right hand corner ? or behind the LSM ?

LSM was out, me and john took it back to about where the wiring enters the main loom. To be honest it could be a dash out job!
jamie

Postby Bogbrush82 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:42 am

jamie wrote:

Oh. :(

If it helps I have a replacement socket with a good bit of nice wiring attached?
Bogbrush82

Postby jamie » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:05 am

Bogbrush82 wrote:
jamie wrote:

Oh. :(

If it helps I have a replacement socket with a good bit of nice wiring attached?

It would be finding some good copper inside the car that I think it going to be the issue, I should be able to take a quick nose, but can't promise anything as it was some nasty wiring that was, hopefully the water leak that would have caused it has been sorted though otherwise you'll be in the same situation again at some point :(
jamie

Postby Duncan » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:51 pm

There aren't many wires to the socket looking at RAVE.
Power from a fuse, and two grounds could be completely replaced with new, the power being picked up from the original fuse with a fuse splitter, grounds to an eyelet and earth point.
That just leaves two wires. One of these is also connected to the IPK so could be spliced in up there. The other goes to a header C0287 which appears to live somewhere behind the glovebox near the fusebox of BCU, that's probably the hardest to find.
Duncan
Nano Crew

PreviousNext

Return to Midlands Nano Meet Sat 22 & Sun 23 June