Please post feedback from the July Nano Meet here

Please post here if you are attending the meet

Please post feedback from the July Nano Meet here

Postby Rob » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:02 pm

If you have had work done on your car at the meet either a repair or modification or even just a T4 health check, we would like your feedback about the meet please as often we all just drive away and that is it until the next one, so let us know what has gone well or not and who may have helped you

A few examples would be if having A T4 session and something has been fixed or a dealer option switched on , or you may have had a VIS motor fixed, fan replaced , handbrake mod, seats swappped, O rings replaced , Powerfold Mirrors fitted , headlights polished etc etc

You can give thanks to the owner(s) who helped you here if you wish , but all we really need to know is that you have driven away happy with the work completed.
Nano Meets, " You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

Re: Please post feedback from the July Nano Meet here

Postby mason » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:18 pm

Could only be there this morning because I am main carer for my Dad
Thank you Steve for your advice again
Promise I will sort out the broken power steering sensor which you spotted in a flash
You have eyes like a hawk and knowledge I could only wish for
Thank you to the new Gentlemen to the Nano who gave me the under bonnet insulation
Hope I also helped him with some basics with these cars
Will be back tomorrow
Thank you
Glen :clap:
mason

Postby dattrike » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:02 pm

Thanks to Jamie for identifying which reverse sensor was not working and turning off the pesky speed locking :D
Good to catch up with everyone.
dattrike

Postby ARCTIC » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:23 pm

Well the weather was kind to us today Saturday, another good turn out, 28 cars the last time I counted about 11.30am and a few more turned up after dinner, once again great to see the regulars & even better to see quite a few new faces, lots got sorted once again, gold resistors, rear brake adjustments, rear bumper sensors sorted out, all the crew got stuck in as always with helping owners to sort their cars, :thumb: hope to see a few of you again tomorrow & once again hopefully the weather will be kind to us. :cheers: Arctic
Willing to help.

You do the work. We supply the expertise

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby Bogbrush82 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:17 pm

Another great weekend that allowed both me and dad to do stuff to both our cars, such as a replacement indicator stalk on Whistler, and hard wiring a dash cam to Tarquin.

Huge thanks to Arctic for supplying and fitting a replacement number 2 injector for me - I really appreciate it, and the way Tarquin drove back means he definitely appreciated it too. 8-)

Also made a nice change to not have to take off the front bumper again!

Can't wait for the next one! :cheers:
Bogbrush82

Postby Rob » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:35 pm

Well I usual say another great meet but have got fed up of saying it as they always are !

Owners travelled from Leeds, Reading, Tenbury, Manchester, Germany, Benwick, Evesham and no doubt other none local places too, aswell as all the locals there.
It was lovely to see Dave & Marina, Chris from Bolton, Dave ( Dattrike ) who gave me a bear hug, Rob who was new to the meets from Tenbury Wells, and others who are all welcome. I was gutted to miss Jürgen & Mick during the evening but unfortunately had to leave a bit earlier on Saturday afternoon and never made it back as my grandchildren were staying over.

Thanks to the T4 guys, Jamie on Saturday and Sunday going around with his virtual T4 on his laptop, and Duncan on Sunday, Arctic who just goes from 1 job to another and never seems to get fed up of working on these cars and has now built up so much knowledge to help other owners.

I never thank Rob ( Woolleysox ) but he always makes sure we fly the flag ( and the right way up ! )at the entrance so a big thanks to him too.

When Chris turned up with his failed bonnet opening the crew were like flies homing in to help a fellow owner and it makes me realise what a fantastic and unique bunch we have at these meets and everyone is prepared to give up their precious time to help.

I had a problem with my reversing sensors but sorted early on Saturday with the help of Chris, Derek and Jamie plus Rob who had a couple of spare sensors, many thanks guys.

We probably didn’t get through as many jobs as usual but still plenty going on, and it gave us the chance to catch up with each other and have a chat.

I really do think that these meets , which have been going for 10 years now, offer more help and assistance than any other forums I know of, we are hands on and proud of it.

There is no Nano in August which we always avoid as it’s the holiday season but we will be back in September and October to finish off the year and hope to see you all then , in the meantime there is a Nano social night at the Ashes on 20th August for those that can make it and we hope for a good turnout.

My pictures taken at the meet can be found here:

viewtopic.php?f=181&t=583

Look out for :

Arranged fly past by a microlight ( the Spitfire was too expensive )
Arctic removing and replacing an injector
Bernard’s recent modification to his V8 which is now supercharged
Dave mending VIS motors with his eyes closed he has done that many.
Arctic’s new mug courtesy of Ade
Martyn's Classic MGB
The bottom of 2 doors showing that pre project drive there were seals all along the bottom
John Astons’s copperleaf 75 - do you know of one any better ?
Bernard and Richards black MG V8s both with the Roewe bumper conversion that looks superb (and they both sound great too ! )

A few of the pictures have a good effect as the grass was so long even when cars parked over it it sprung back high and gives the appearance that grass has grown around the cars but none look abandoned !

Hopefully see you all at the next one and if you are going on holiday in the meantime have a good one !
Nano Meets, " You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

Postby sewerman » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:53 pm

Another other fantastic weekend thanks to Jamie for the t4 and help with the pollen filter change was much needed !

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
sewerman
Nano Crew

Postby chris65 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:45 pm

Thanks everyone for another great Nano,weather was kind to us,company was great as usual ,thanks to Jamie,will let you know how it goes,but 90 on the M6 with the van on the back ain't bad! just kidding,but my God there's a lot of numpties out there,hopefully see you all in September.
chris65

Postby derek v » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:36 am

What a great weekend and the weather was good to us as well. Didn't get round to doing any work on my Rover. Just needed to sort out the back handbrake catching slightly. But enjoyed the company instead. Had a fantastic night in the pub with Pam Chris and Kez. Then Saturday helping Chris from Bolton with other lads get the bonnet open. Then we had a great night again in the pub but couldn't get a table big enough for us all to get round with Dave (Stock take and Marina plus two other lads). Had a dam good laugh outside later chatting and taking the P out of each other. All in all a great time. Roll on the next one.

Might just ask the pub if we can use the field in August for a get together if anyone is interested. Camping is free as long as we use the pub as we do.
derek v

Postby Bill Smith » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:53 pm

Just a big thank you to Steve for the help fitting a Gold resistor,
top intercooler hose and viton o rings.
And to Scot for the help in adjusting the handbbrake.
Looking forward to having the air con regassed now that the fan is working correctly,
also looking forward to the September meet where I hope to gain some more knowledge
and help working on my car.
PS sorry for the late post.
Bill Smith

Return to Midlands Nano Meet Sat 20 & Sun 21 July