List jobs to be done/offers of help at Sept Nano Meet here

Please post here if attending the meet

Re: List jobs to be done/offers of help at Sept Nano Meet he

Postby sewerman » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:46 pm

Bogbrush82 wrote:I bought a passenger side one just for the button, I'll see if I still have it. :)
Thanks Dave but Artic has forged me out

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk
sewerman
Nano Crew

Postby Bogbrush82 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:12 pm

No probs. :thumb:
Bogbrush82

Postby Rouch 385 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:47 am

Hi It's my first time at the meet.
I have a new set of clocks to fit, and would appreciate some guidance, as what is the best way do carry this out?
The square pixel display has got lines across it?

Kind regards.
Ian.
Rouch 385

Postby Duncan » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:27 pm

Rouch 385 wrote:Hi It's my first time at the meet.
I have a new set of clocks to fit, and would appreciate some guidance, as what is the best way do carry this out?

Kind regards.
Ian.

First question: are the clocks second hand or brand new? You can't re-use second hand ones on a different car without reporgramming or changing the EEPROM on the PCB. This is known as 'virginising' because the data stored is returned to the state as new.

Once you have 'new' state part (either because it is already new or has been virginised) it is fitted to the car, and you need a T4 session to match it to the car. This has to be done within a very short number of miles after fitting, otherwise you 'lose the new status'. Therefore it's best to fit, only when you have the T4 session arranged.

The T4 part of it is something I can do at a Nano, but unfortunately I'm having to miss out on this one. There may be someone else who can help, though.
Duncan
Nano Crew

Postby swifty62 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:16 pm

Hi All, I will be hoping to get my key fob sorted out,i can't use the remote to lock and unlock,the doors,it just mysteriously stopped working,a couple of months ago,i have replaced the battery, and the red light comes on,im thinking maybe a T4 would point me in the right direction, other than that I would be willing to help out others, who need an extra pair of hands, look forward to seeing you all, cheers Ian
swifty62

Postby Rouch 385 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:45 am

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. And the advice. They are new clocks.
I may attend anyway on the Sunday, just to get some advice from the experts out there, as I also have an issue with selecting gears sometimes?
Thanks again.
Ian.

[/b]
Duncan wrote:
Rouch 385 wrote:Hi It's my first time at the meet.

Kind regards.
Ian.

First question: are the clocks second hand or brand new? You can't re-use second hand ones on a different car without reporgramming or changing the EEPROM on the PCB. This is known as 'virginising' because the data stored is returned to the state as new.

Once you have 'new' state part (either because it is already new or has been virginised) it is fitted to the car, and you need a T4 session to match it to the car. This has to be done within a very short number of miles after fitting, otherwise you 'lose the new status'. Therefore it's best to fit, only when you have the T4 session arranged.

The T4 part of it is something I can do at a Nano, but unfortunately I'm having to miss out on this one. There may be someone else who can help, though.
Rouch 385

Postby ARCTIC » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:25 am

Rouch 385 wrote:Hi,
Thanks for the reply. And the advice. They are new clocks.
I may attend anyway on the Sunday, just to get some advice from the experts out there, as I also have an issue with selecting gears sometimes?
Thanks again.
Ian

Hi Ian.
Seek out Jamie if you attend he maybe able to help with fitting the new clocks IPK you have, but as above they must be virginised or new. ;)
Willing to help.

You do the work. We supply the expertise

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby sewerman » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:47 pm

swifty62 wrote:Hi All, I will be hoping to get my key fob sorted out,i can't use the remote to lock and unlock,the doors,it just mysteriously stopped working,a couple of months ago,i have replaced the battery, and the red light comes on,im thinking maybe a T4 would point me in the right direction, other than that I would be willing to help out others, who need an extra pair of hands, look forward to seeing you all, cheers Ian
Hi Joe

Might be worth trying to resynchronise the key see below

How to resynchronise an Rover 75 ignition key

If the rolling code stored in the BCU RAM becomes more than 1000 codes out of synchronisation with the handset,
re-synchronisation of the BCU will be required. The procedure is as follows:
1 Make sure that the driver's door is closed and unlocked. Unlock using the key if necessary.

2 Press the lock button four times.

3 When the BCU receives the fourth consecutive correct transmission from the handset, the BCU will re-synchronise to the current EEPROM code and perform the lock request made by the fourth button press. This will be confirmed by the sill button going down.

4 If any of the four handset transmissions are invalid, another four correct transmissions will be required before the BCU will re-synchronise.

Scott

Sent from my Bush10Nou using Tapatalk
sewerman
Nano Crew

Postby ditto » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:09 pm

Water still getting in around the offside rear light even after fitting a new gasket, the one without the split. could do with injectors checking out. :confused:
ditto

Postby kitts » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:35 pm

I have a light oak wheel and dash going free if anyone wants it, perhaps to trial painting the dash or as a spare? Will bring and leave by my car for any takers if required. ☺
kitts

PreviousNext

Return to Midlands Nano Meet Sat 14th & Sun 15th September