List jobs to be done/offers of help at October Meet here

Please post here if attending the meet

Re: List jobs to be done/offers of help at October Meet here

Postby Duncan » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:23 pm

Bogbrush82 wrote:I'll also be bringing some walnut trim with me in case anybody wants it, along with a black oak manual gearbox surround.

All free, although I wouldn't mind a black oak auto box surround if somebody has one knocking about?

If the walnut gear surround is for an auto, I'm interested. I'm going to fit the real walnut dash I have into my tourer (light oak) but the donor is a manual car. Could also do with a walnut 4 hole switch panel for the same car.
Duncan
Nano Crew

Postby Bogbrush82 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:50 pm

If I can source a black oak surround before the next nano the walnut one is yours. :thumb:
Bogbrush82

Postby Bogbrush82 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:02 am

Another problem has popped up I'd like to get some help on is the rear blind stopped working yesterday. Hoping it's just a stuck mechanism.
Bogbrush82

Postby ARCTIC » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:02 pm

Bogbrush82 wrote:Another problem has popped up I'd like to get some help on is the rear blind stopped working yesterday. Hoping it's just a stuck mechanism.

Jamie and or John should be able to help you, have you checked the fuse ?
Willing to help.

You do the work. We supply the expertise

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby Steve1304 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:52 am

Would it be possible to do the sensor that controls reverse lights and reverse beeper? Not sure how complex it is. Also I only get air con/heat from one vent and wondered if anyone could help me sort it.
Steve1304

Postby ARCTIC » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:35 am

Steve1304 wrote:Would it be possible to do the sensor that controls reverse lights and reverse beeper? Not sure how complex it is. Also I only get air con/heat from one vent and wondered if anyone could help me sort it.[/quot
e]

Hi Steve.
Reverse lights could most likely be the switch, it is situated at the front OS you will need a deep 19mm socket, so a new switch maybe needed, reverse beeper could the one of the sensors or the wiring, and also the unit some are black some white depends what year your car is.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from ... h&_sacat=0
Willing to help.

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby Bogbrush82 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:59 am

ARCTIC wrote:
Bogbrush82 wrote:Another problem has popped up I'd like to get some help on is the rear blind stopped working yesterday. Hoping it's just a stuck mechanism.

Jamie and or John should be able to help you, have you checked the fuse ?

Problem solved - I pushed the button a few times in rapid succession and it started working again.
Bogbrush82

Postby Duncan » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:12 pm

If the reverse lights aren't working the sensors don't either. Simply because they don't know you have selected reverse. Fix the switch and it's 95% certain to fix the PDC.
Duncan
Nano Crew

Postby ARCTIC » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:45 pm

Duncan wrote:If the reverse lights aren't working the sensors don't either. Simply because they don't know you have selected reverse. Fix the switch and it's 95% certain to fix the PDC.

HI Duncan.
That's the name PDC/ parking aid unit as below I was talking about.
Image1

I have intermittent beeps at the moment I have to check the wiring and the bumper sensors I do have a white parking aid if mine is a fault again I need to check it out.
Image2
Willing to help.

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby Roderick87 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:55 am

Bringing Rodrigo on Sunday with no real mechanical problems, though I would appreciate any advice on how to get the ashtray (not used) to stay in place. The spring(?) is so strong it just keeps pushing out. I have a used rear door window seal to replace the mangled and twisted existing one but reading Haynes manual is daunting. Would i need to get any special clips of eBay if possible. Ive got some white fir tree ones already....
Like Bogbrush my rear sunblind though working has decided to 'pop' out of it's runners exposing small wheels and bending the trim. It does with effort pop back in in but then comes out again? Is it a lubrication issue?
Finally as rear sill rot is such a popular topic, an extra opinion on mine would be appreciated!
Ray
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Roderick87

PreviousNext

Return to Midlands Nano Meet Sat 19 & Sun 20 October