Please post your attendance at the June Nano Meet here

Please post here if you are attending the meet

Re: Please post your attendance at the June Nano Meet here

Postby jamie » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:14 am

ARCTIC wrote:
chris65 wrote:Hi all,Gloria has just done 416miles without missing a beat, fuel consumption loads better, so we will be there Friday afternoon as usual, camping all weekend, see you all soon, Chris and Pam.


Hi Chris & Pam.
Excellent news about Gloria, and also great news to hear you will be there Friday as per usual :cheers: i wonder now then if she needs the 160 upgrade? seeing that she is not MAF less now, therefore is the map even working as it should few questions to be asked and found out me thinks, see you on the Friday around 16.30 pm :thumb:


Map will still be working as it should :-). The MAP works on both of the maps on the ecu, the one for when there is a maf and the one without. When the MAF is unplugged the car defaults to what it thinks the MAF figures should be, so having the MAF in will make it smoother and have more power as the car will know how much air it is getting rather than guessing. The "160" map would give a noticeable decrease in power and torque over a custom remap, having driven the same car with a "160" map and a custom remap, I can tell you there is quite a noticeable difference :-). The only thing you get with a higher power map is a little puff of smoke before the turbo spools as the car needs a bit more air. (If the "160" map was 160bhp then you would get smoke, as the turbo can't even provide enough air for 160bhp, they top out at 150-155).
jamie
Nano Crew
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:05 pm
Location: Cheslyn Hay

Re: Please post your attendance at the June Nano Meet here

Postby ARCTIC » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:53 am

jamie wrote:
ARCTIC wrote:
chris65 wrote:Hi all,Gloria has just done 416miles without missing a beat, fuel consumption loads better, so we will be there Friday afternoon as usual, camping all weekend, see you all soon, Chris and Pam.


Hi Chris & Pam.
Excellent news about Gloria, and also great news to hear you will be there Friday as per usual :cheers: i wonder now then if she needs the 160 upgrade? seeing that she is not MAF less now, therefore is the map even working as it should few questions to be asked and found out me thinks, see you on the Friday around 16.30 pm :thumb:


Map will still be working as it should :-). The MAP works on both of the maps on the ecu, the one for when there is a maf and the one without. When the MAF is unplugged the car defaults to what it thinks the MAF figures should be, so having the MAF in will make it smoother and have more power as the car will know how much air it is getting rather than guessing. The "160" map would give a noticeable decrease in power and torque over a custom remap, having driven the same car with a "160" map and a custom remap, I can tell you there is quite a noticeable difference :-).
The only thing you get with a higher power map is a little puff of smoke before the turbo spools as the car needs a bit more air. (If the "160" map was 160bhp then you would get smoke, as the turbo can't even provide enough air for 160bhp, they top out at 150-155).



Jamie remind me to take you up the road in mine ;) and let me know what you think :thumb:
Willing to help.

You do the work. We supply the expertise

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
User avatar
ARCTIC
Site Admin
 
Posts: 867
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:52 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Please post your attendance at the June Nano Meet here

Postby chris65 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:40 pm

Can't complain at all,Pam's brothers 12000mile Ford Kuga kept losing power,main dealers £65 t4came up with duff egr?£720 and we will get it done tomorrow,only the parts didn't show up,and we were heading home,so had to risk it,stopped off at Pam's sister in Mildenhall for a break,got lost a couple of times,but made it ok !,but 17year old Gloria was as good as gold,thanks nano team.
chris65
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:18 am

Re: Please post your attendance at the June Nano Meet here

Postby dattrike » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:27 pm

Apologies to all, I have just found out I shall be on call for the weekend for the family funeral business, I can't be more than an hour away from a call.
Hope to get to the next one. :getmecoat:
User avatar
dattrike
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:47 pm
Location: Tewkesbury

Re: Please post your attendance at the June Nano Meet here

Postby Rob » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:35 pm

dattrike wrote:Apologies to all, I have just found out I shall be on call for the weekend for the family funeral business, I can't be more than an hour away from a call.
Hope to get to the next one. :getmecoat:



Ok Dave hope you dont get called out ! Hope to see you in July
Nano Meets, " You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
User avatar
Rob
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1535
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:10 pm
Location: Walsall West Midlands

Re: Please post your attendance at the June Nano Meet here

Postby Animal » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:57 pm

Not sure if i can make this meet as i've just got a new job driving from near the north pole :getmecoat:
Animal
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:54 pm

Re: Please post your attendance at the June Nano Meet here

Postby sewerman » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:19 pm

Animal wrote:Not sure if i can make this meet as i've just got a new job driving from near the north pole :getmecoat:
Bring a penguin to the next meet then [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
User avatar
sewerman
Nano Crew
 
Posts: 383
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 10:25 pm

Re: Please post your attendance at the June Nano Meet here

Postby wise1 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:37 pm

Hello, I will be attending sat or sun depending if the T4 guys are up and running. But not camping thanks..
wise1
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:53 pm

Re: Please post your attendance at the June Nano Meet here

Postby sewerman » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:34 am

Won't be there Friday to help set up but should be there about 10.00 on Saturday, see you all next weekend

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk
User avatar
sewerman
Nano Crew
 
Posts: 383
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 10:25 pm

Re: Please post your attendance at the June Nano Meet here

Postby Duncan » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:58 pm

Have managed the oil change by dodging the showers. So that should mean I can come both days. Had to be done before using the car as I don't reckon it had been changed in a number of years, though the really low mileage it does probably meant I could have got away with it.

For sure I won't be T4ing on the Saturday, as I still have things to do. Air and pollen filters, and as I mentioned find the leak that's ruining NAV computers. Also need to run a cable down to the front for the Bluetooth telephone system. If I get all of that finished on the Saturday, then I'll look at bringing the T4 on Sunday, but not promising anything at this stage.

Finally, I'm almost ready with another batch of Ultimate Remotes. I have 10 built and programmed, but only tested one so far. Hopefully I can test the rest during the week, I'll confirm later.
Duncan
Nano Crew
 
Posts: 360
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:25 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Midlands Nano Meet Sat 22 & Sun 23 June

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests