Should the March meet go ahead ?

Opinions Please

Should the March meet go ahead ?

Postby Rob » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:17 pm

I would welome people’s opinions about the March meet and whether it should go ahead or not given the current situation re Covid 19

It seems to be getting worse each day and as the meet is over a week away who knows what lockdown advice we will get from the government , the whole of Italy is in lock down and they have a population of 60 million similar to UK

Some of the people who wanted to go to the meet in March have family who are vulnerable and may well stay away so even if we do go ahead I think we can expect lower numbers to attend

Rather than do things at the last minute I was hoping that as many people as possible would put an opinion on here and we can make a decision by consensus rather than a couple of us making the decision

So what does everyone think , go ahead or not , if it went ahead would you attend or stay away ?
Nano Meets, " You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
User avatar
Rob
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1620
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:10 pm
Location: Walsall West Midlands

Re: Should the March meet go ahead ?

Postby woolleysox » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:30 pm

Given my heath issues I will consider pulling out

Sorry guys
User avatar
woolleysox
Nano Crew
 
Posts: 269
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:38 pm

Re: Should the March meet go ahead ?

Postby Bernard » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:53 pm

As the meeting is in the open air I am tempted to say no problem.
Unless some one wants to embrace me or something. :panic:
However, I think the take up will be so reduced that it's not worthwhile.
User avatar
Bernard
Nano Crew
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:01 pm
Location: Evesham

Re: Should the March meet go ahead ?

Postby sewerman » Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:03 pm

Personally I'd still go, standing in an open field with people is a low risk in my view, based on the forecast peak being in 3-4 months and the government about to restrict gatherings to 500 people and no doubt further measures to come we may not be meeting till September after this.

But with all due respect a lot of attendies are in the high risk category and others have dependants they need to support through this crisis so if it is posponed I fully support the decision.

Other question is the social on Tuesday cancelled too?

Scott

Sent from my Bush10Nou using Tapatalk
User avatar
sewerman
Nano Crew
 
Posts: 428
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 10:25 pm

Re: Should the March meet go ahead ?

Postby Gren 24 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:42 pm

I will attend If the meeting does go head. That is unless you would not like me to be there. which I understand. I will wear gloves and a mask tho. The reasson being those that know me I do have bad lungs and do cough quit a lot. What I have is not catching or infectious, but it may worry other.. I dont think that any-one that does feel unwell would stay away for themselfs and for others. It is in the open and I think we will all be sensable.

CanI ask about Tuesday night 17 March as well. Will we still be having a social night.

Les
User avatar
Gren 24
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:48 pm
Location: Stafford

Re: Should the March meet go ahead ?

Postby Jürgen » Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:48 pm

On the website of the WHO you'll find a link to the coronavirus situation dashboard with updates on a daily basis.

These data show, that in China the confirmed cases are already levelling, whereas over here it's still an exponential growth. So if we're lucky and the development will be similar to one over there, the dramatic rise could be over by end of April or early May.

I think it wouldn't do any harm to cancel the first meet of the year (BTW it wouldn't be the first time, remember seven years ago) and reconsider the situation prior to the next Nano in May.

Better safe than sorry.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Jürgen
Nano Crew
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:50 pm
Location: Rhineland

Re: Should the March meet go ahead ?

Postby ARCTIC » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:03 pm

I am still on the fence about cancelling at the moment, but if pushed would come down on the side of cancel, due to mainly most of the meet members are elderly, some also have underlining health issues, or someone in the family whom as health issues so puts then in the vulnerable category so open exposed to the possibility of virus attack, yes its in the open air but at the meets we do have very close contact with each other, spittle also goes a long way if you have ever seen it, tools are borrowed or picked up by different people etc, the only upside is the weather is looking good for that weekend, I will abide by the majority & then make my own personal decision to attend or not what the case maybe. :thumb:
Willing to help.

You do the work. We supply the expertise

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
User avatar
ARCTIC
Site Admin
 
Posts: 917
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:52 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Should the March meet go ahead ?

Postby squire » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:05 pm

sewerman wrote:Personally I'd still go, standing in an open field with people is a low risk in my view, based on the forecast peak being in 3-4 months and the government about to restrict gatherings to 500 people and no doubt further measures to come we may not be meeting till September after this.

But with all due respect a lot of attendies are in the high risk category and others have dependants they need to support through this crisis so if it is posponed I fully support the decision.

Other question is the social on Tuesday cancelled too?

Scott

Sent from my Bush10Nou using Tapatalk


I tend to agree with Scott, but fully understand those that have a health problem or have family with health problems. If the meet goes ahead I think it will not very well attended mainly with people, understandably, erring on the side of safety. Jürgen has made some valid points, particularly that it wouldn't hurt to cancel it just to be on the safe side.

Martyn
User avatar
squire
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:28 pm
Location: Bilston

Re: Should the March meet go ahead ?

Postby Devilish » Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:52 am

Cancel or not, numbers are going to be not much more than a social meet. May as well cancel it, and the social meet, everything else seems to be being cancelled.

Or just have the Saturday as an open social day, anyone wants to turn up do so, I would pop in, will not be going to sit in the pub, that is for sure.

Probably pi$$ down anyway :)
User avatar
Devilish
Nano Crew
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:45 pm
Location: Cannock

Re: Should the March meet go ahead ?

Postby Devilish » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:11 am

Hiya Jürgen.
Just wondering what a chart of Katie Prices' breast implants cost has to do with it

Image Image
User avatar
Devilish
Nano Crew
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:45 pm
Location: Cannock

Next

Return to Coronavirus - Covid 19

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests